Dawn November inaugural cruise cancelled?

bitob

I understand where your coming from.

Right now things are getting better in India and many other countries.

Today numbers are all down according to W.H.O. which I think is the strictess when it comes to protocols.

22 minutes ago, Observer said:

This would appear to be a very sensible move.  The transition from the one ship to other should be seamless for guests.  It appears that the suite numbers and locations are identical from one ship to the other.  Moreover, Moon is currently staffed, etc.  There should be zero concerns about sailing on the maiden voyage of ship with some remaining i's to be dotted and t's crossed.

Am I missing something in thinking this makes good sense? 

12 minutes ago, Observer said:

I understand, and I apologize if I seemed insensitive.  But I had thought it unlikely that those voyages would take place given the situation in India, the strictures in Singapore, etc.

2 minutes ago, boccenana said:

I understand where your coming from.

Right now things are getting better in India and many other countries.

Today numbers are all down according to W.H.O. which I think is the strictess when it comes to protocols.

This is not my post. My bad for hitting the wrong icon. Sorry all.

Elaine 

53 minutes ago, fdnycruiser said:

I’m sticking with the colonel. Haven’t been notified by SS, still says the Dawn on the website. The colonel is the only source that I have faith on here. Silver Dawn or Moon, we’re going either way. 

Looking forward to the good Colonel @WesW's update as his posts in the past have made it clear he has access to the highest levels of SS management including the top U.S. official, as well as the leader of the global expedition division.

K, I don't accept Travel Agent's expressions of what the Dawn's maiden voyage will be, I go to the SS SVP in charge of all Destinations planned.  AS of now the Dawn's maiden voyage is as scheduled, Lisbon to Ft. Laurderdale, on Nov 19.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, WesW said:

SVP for all of Silversea Destinations and Paolo Hotel Director for Dawn at Fincantieri shipyard never heard of this

No problem Wes, only reporting on a conversation. Normally this would not be an issue, however the lack of communication over the ‘hack’ or not, has led a number of people to be somewhat suspicious at the moment. Not just here but also on the SS FB group. IMHO this will continue until we get a definitive statement from Barbara Muckermann.

This is how my Nov. 1 Athens-Dubai Silver Moon cruise appeared today on My Silversea.  I don't think I have to ask Barbara Muckerman to tell me that this means that cruise is cancelled.  If cancelled, this is consistant with the rumor that the Moon will be used for the TA starting Nov.19.2121062779_Screenshot2021-09-2110_02_11AM.png.c07f1af46c6e3cd5b675d91acb17c448.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dawntrdr said:

This is how my Nov. 1 Athens-Dubai Silver Moon cruise appeared today on My Silversea.  I don't think I have to ask Barbara Muckerman to tell me that this means that cruise is cancelled.  If cancelled, this is consistant with the rumor that the Moon will be used for the TA starting Nov.19.2121062779_Screenshot2021-09-2110_02_11AM.png.c07f1af46c6e3cd5b675d91acb17c448.png

Urrrgh😤. My T.A. Said she spoke with SS yesterday and it was a mistake. Right!!!!

She said it would be straightened out today.

If we don't go we probably want our money back.

Not sure what 125% cc will do for us.

Our trip included Business class Air Fair for the whole trip.

What about that?

I'll  keep 😃 smiling....😢 crying on the inside.

1 hour ago, boccenana said:

Urrrgh😤. My T.A. Said she spoke with SS yesterday and it was a mistake. Right!!!!

She said it would be straightened out today.

If we don't go we probably want our money back.

Not sure what 125% cc will do for us.

Our trip included Business class Air Fair for the whole trip.

What about that?

I'll  keep 😃 smiling....😢 crying on the inside.

My TA got the same company line.  Would have been our first SS as we mainly sail Crystal.  We will take the money and go elsewhere.

Let Barbara Muckermann know there was speculation about the Dawn TA both here and on Silversea Passengers Facebook page.  Stumblefoot posted her summary above, below is what she posted on FB  (The Dawn TA of the 19th and Spirit TA of the 28th are a go)

Barbara Muckermann

Judy and all, Moon Asia highly unlikely, we are unfortunately working on guests notifications as we speak 🙁 Transatlantics of Nov 19th  and Nov 28th are confirmed. Med Seasons prior to transatlantics confirmed as well. Caribbean confirmed 🙂 Grand South America confirmed, hope this helps!  
Edited by WesW
  • Thanks 2

"highly unlikely"?  Are SS waiting for a shoe to drop?  Personally I wish they would make the decision, send a short and sweet notification, if it is really a done deal.  The nice passenger communication with the options can follow.

Edited by flyingshoes

I am on the Moon, 25 days Athens to Dubai,  and i have not been notified.  I do expect the first 9 days Athens rt will go but the 16 day cruise  to Dubai appears to be history!  This means the Moon is available for the TA.  

My travel agent is trying to get an answer but nothing so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It looks as if those who purport to have ' Friends ' in high places have no better information than anyone else ? - Silversea, like all Lines will do what is best for them and will advise Guests at a time they decide. However its always nice to receive ' Inside ' Information but dont take it too seriously.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mayflower1 said:

It looks as if those who purport to have ' Friends ' in high places have no better information than anyone else ? - Silversea, like all Lines will do what is best for them and will advise Guests at a time they decide. However its always nice to receive ' Inside ' Information but dont take it too seriously.

That's exactly what I was thinking! Well said. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, boccenana said:

Same here, if it will at least go Athens to Dubai we would go.

We also had Dubai to Mumbai and Mumbai to Singapore.

Would think the last two are iffy for sure.

TA says SS working on it. 

Asia is canceled, although not officially yet.  The Moon is going to South America taking over the Dawn itinerary. 

• Like 1