Are cruises from Southampton back to normal? is it likely my October European Cruise will sail as expected?

mashisback

I have been getting excited and ready for it... but the I don't actually remember seeing any info about any cruises (apart from just British isles cruises) leaving from Southampton into Europe?

This cruise is on 18th October and has the following itinerary... https://www.celebritycruises.com/itinerary-details/11-night-canary-islands-spain-and-portugal-from-southampton-england?packageID=SI11U065&sDT=2021-10-18&cCD=CO

Am I getting excited too soon or are things back to normal now?

Thanks

53 minutes ago, mashisback said:

I have been getting excited and ready for it... but the I don't actually remember seeing any info about any cruises (apart from just British isles cruises) leaving from Southampton into Europe?

This cruise is on 18th October and has the following itinerary... https://www.celebritycruises.com/itinerary-details/11-night-canary-islands-spain-and-portugal-from-southampton-england?packageID=SI11U065&sDT=2021-10-18&cCD=CO

Am I getting excited too soon or are things back to normal now?

Thanks

There is no info because there have been no cruises from the UK to other European countries so far.

We are on that sailing and there are so many unknowns at present. 
Will we still be required to have a PCR test before boarding and who will pay for it. How will the test required for re-entry to the U.K. be handled?

I doubt it will sail at full capacity but there seems to be a push to sell cabins 🤦‍♀️
It is meant to be a fully international sailing but the testing requirements for non-U.K. passengers is challenging (entering the U.K.twice and having a test before flying to return home). 
The U.K. has a travel update due tomorrow and there will be at least one other, if not two, before we sail. 
The roll calls for the 3 sailings (late September one and the two in October) make interesting reading. 
Celebrity have given no indication at all about these sailings. 
I doubt that if we sail, it will be back to normal. With the U.K. sailings, Celebrity has shown that it errs on the side of caution and so I suspect we will still be subject to some restrictions 🤷‍♀️.

17 minutes ago, downsmead said:

With the U.K. sailings, Celebrity has shown that it errs on the side of caution and so I suspect we will still be subject to some restrictions 🤷‍♀️.

Very grateful to Celebrity for testing pre boarding.

The recent news from Carnival doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Worse still, the CDC’s  recommendation that passengers of a certain age shouldn’t consider cruising.

I hope this doesn’t filter through to the cruise industry in Europe.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-3/coronavirus-cruise-ship

Edited by upwarduk

23 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

There is no info because there have been no cruises from the UK to other European countries so far.

OK, well this is not good news then! So it is probably less than 50% chance of it going ahead then.. I think I got carried away with planning 😞

22 minutes ago, downsmead said:

We are on that sailing and there are so many unknowns at present. 
Will we still be required to have a PCR test before boarding and who will pay for it. How will the test required for re-entry to the U.K. be handled?

I doubt it will sail at full capacity but there seems to be a push to sell cabins 🤦‍♀️
It is meant to be a fully international sailing but the testing requirements for non-U.K. passengers is challenging (entering the U.K.twice and having a test before flying to return home). 
The U.K. has a travel update due tomorrow and there will be at least one other, if not two, before we sail. 
The roll calls for the 3 sailings (late September one and the two in October) make interesting reading. 
Celebrity have given no indication at all about these sailings. 
I doubt that if we sail, it will be back to normal. With the U.K. sailings, Celebrity has shown that it errs on the side of caution and so I suspect we will still be subject to some restrictions 🤷‍♀️.

Thank you for all this detail, please feel free to pop back to this convo if you find out any updates, sounds like there may even be an update tomorrow? , looks like we are in the same boat (excuse the pun!). fingers crossed, hopefully they get sailings to Europe going before our cruise so they can have ironed out any cracks and we can also see how things are working before our cruise!

10 minutes ago, sheeng said:

Our Dr. Fauci, one of the most trusted, knowledgeable sources here, believes

we ”might” be back to normal by next Spring. 😢

I like the guy, I watch a bit of the USA news from here in the UK and he has been clued up the whole way through. I was quite confident things were getting back to normal here in UK but in the last week or so the figures have really started increasing again... we have really high vaccination rates yet the numbers are back on the way up... too fast for my liking, various people local are testing positive, My step Auntie is in hospital with it (and she has been double jabbed a few months)... It feels like we are heading into another wave here in UK although enough people are vaccinated now that we should have herd immunity.. Its not looking good in my opinion. Im starting to wonder if the first people vaccinated are already starting to need topping up 😞

Im going to bed now but im hoping im going to wake up to some more positive optimistic replies lol! Thanks all!

8 hours ago, mashisback said:

Im starting to wonder if the first people vaccinated are already starting to need topping up 😞

How bizarre... i woke up to a headline that said double jabbed peoples protection is waning 🤦‍♂️

32 minutes ago, mashisback said:

How bizarre... i woke up to a headline that said double jabbed peoples protection is waning 🤦‍♂️

That’s why they are talking 3rd vaccine for over 60’s, but as yet there has been no announcement.🙏

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

That’s why they are talking 3rd vaccine for over 60’s, but as yet there has been no announcement.🙏

Hopefully so. I hear whispers that they are just waiting for approval for them to start in September.