Liberty Test Cruise 17Sep

9 hours ago, RunningTheWonder said:

Itinerary was put up on the Royal app a few days back and it was listed in the email. It's a round trip to Cozumel.

Right you are!  Went back and looked at email.  If it had been any larger I probably still would have overlooked it.  Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to any and all updates on this!  We sail in just 4 weeks!  Praying all goes well and Liberty can begin cruising again for real!  Oh, and how are things in Cozumel?  Did anyone do the bar hop??

Edited by mbjonsn

30 minutes ago, mbjonsn said:

Looking forward to any and all updates on this!  We sail in just 4 weeks!  Praying all goes well and Liberty can begin cruising again for real!  Oh, and how are things in Cozumel?  Did anyone do the bar hop??

We did the Independence in its first pay cruise out of Galveston in Auguest and it was great. We had a 7 year old with us and were restricted to ship excursions so we did the Fury catamarian cruise to a private beach, which we had never done befor and it was great. 

checkin was a breeze. So much so that I realized I’d forgotten something in the car (happily we are in POG Express Parking) so I got off, went to the car to retrieve the missing item, then strolled back on. The entire process took maybe 15 minutes. 

weve not been to any shows as the only performances are at 9:45 nightly and that doesn’t work for us as early as we get up in the morning. That said, the ap shows attendance by reservation only. Each time I looked, reservations showed to be available. 

dinner I’m the MDR is the same, reservations required. Windjammer closed for dinner. 

no temperature checks at any time during the entire sailing. 

we never used room service. 

feels like a ghost ship!!

28 minutes ago, TheBucketLister said:

Not accurate enough.  Need it at least to the hundredth decimal place. 😉😁

I tried but the best they could give me was we sailed with “590 something” pax. Insufficient data tor two decimal places. 🤣

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jcc1025 said:

We did the Independence in its first pay cruise out of Galveston in Auguest and it was great. We had a 7 year old with us and were restricted to ship excursions so we did the Fury catamarian cruise to a private beach, which we had never done befor and it was great. 

Thanks for the info!

6 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

checkin was a breeze. So much so that I realized I’d forgotten something in the car (happily we are in POG Express Parking) so I got off, went to the car to retrieve the missing item, then strolled back on. The entire process took maybe 15 minutes. 

weve not been to any shows as the only performances are at 9:45 nightly and that doesn’t work for us as early as we get up in the morning. That said, the ap shows attendance by reservation only. Each time I looked, reservations showed to be available. 

dinner I’m the MDR is the same, reservations required. Windjammer closed for dinner. 

Great info. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Thank you for the info!  Glad the check-in was so easy.  Our shuttle is picking us up at 9:00 in Houston (not able to change the time), so we will be in Galveston around 10:00.  Our check-in time is 11:00; we are in a suite and have heard suites can check-in between an hour before and an hour after their time.  Hoping this is true or else we'll be sitting on the curb outside for an hour!

Glad everything is going well for you.  Happy sailing!

14 minutes ago, Cruzingal#9 said:

Thank you for the info!  Glad the check-in was so easy.  Our shuttle is picking us up at 9:00 in Houston (not able to change the time), so we will be in Galveston around 10:00.  Our check-in time is 11:00; we are in a suite and have heard suites can check-in between an hour before and an hour after their time.  Hoping this is true or else we'll be sitting on the curb outside for an hour!

I’m with you.  We are being picked up at 930 though with an 11 check in time.  Also in a suite but will be waiting for covid tests since we have a 2 and 5 year old 

6 hours ago, Cruzingal#9 said:

Only an hour before if the ship is cleared for boarding.  I wouldn’t count on it if you already have the first boarding group.