BinaxNow Covid-19 Ag test card review and info

Smmessineo

13 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

You are going to complain to who (?) that a product expired?

I will complain to eMed , where i purchased them, that they are selling a product with a 11-12 month shelflife but shipping ones that have only 4 months of that life  left . This company only sells in 6 packs, for $150. ,I'd like to have some time to use them. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

I will complain to eMed , where i purchased them, that they are selling a product with a 11-12 month shelflife but shipping ones that have only 4 months of that life  left . This company only sells in 6 packs, for $150. ,I'd like to have some time to use them. 

Cheering for you. Please let us know their response! 

12 minutes ago, Smmessineo said:

FYI they also sell 2 and 3 packs. 

3 hours ago, Smmessineo said:

I think it varies. To be honest, i was a bit angry when i got our tests. 

First, let me state that all  these tests' expirations have been extended beyond whatever they have printed on them. This has all been cleared with the FDA (?) . I guess studies have been done that they have a longer shelf life with good results than originally expected. Theres a stamp on the box that says "add 3 months to the expiration date". 

But here's my problem. The ones i got, with these new extended expiration rules, have an 11 month shelf life from manufacture date. But the darn things were made in February ! And i got them in mid August, so they are only good for another 4  1/2 months, til early January of 2022! 

Like you, i have cruises in the future. And the six pack i got will expire before i need the last two. 

After my trip, i will complain.

Point your cell camera on the QR code on the box and there will appear a letter noting the extension of the expiration date.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, seapad said:

Question for the 2packs-$69 kits.....will it allow you to create 2 accounts (to be used by 2 people) for the proctoring purpose? I'm afraid that only 1 account is allowed, so that means we're going back to square one, having to buy the 6 packs from e-meds ($150) - which allows the creation of up to 3 accounts. But then expect to be able to use them till the end of the year only. 

Per Optum's customer support, they can be shared by 2 people. I sent them a message just today asking this exact question.

"Thank you for contacting the Optum store. Yes a 2-pack can be split between two individuals. Each of you will just need to register your own account with emed.com"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, helen haywood said:

So did you receive email results in addition to the app code?  I’m looking into this test for us as our next cruise would require our test be done on Thanksgiving ☹️ and I wasn’t sure our local UrgentMD was going to be open.  We drive the next two days and I don’t want to try to schedule on the road…nor do I want to be halfway to Florida only to test positive.

Can someone please confirm that Celebrity accepts the QR code in the app and that we don't need to print a paper copy?  

I don't own a printer and would prefer not having to ask someone to print it for me.

9 hours ago, Smmessineo said:

I wanted to share my good experience. My husband and I have an Edge sailing Sept 4. After having trouble booking tests , then having Walmart/quest cancel and CVS say results are 2-3 days minimum, Celebrity came through and gave the ok for people to use the  Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Ag Card with telehealth supervision.. I ordered a 6 pack from eMed . They were delivered the next day ! Now that we had tests in hand, we decided why not sail even sooner!?!

We just tested today. It was straightforward and not time consuming at all. We used our phones, didn't need a computer . You basically are in a video call with the person monitoring your test taking. At 8 am EDT I had no wait to speak to a test supervisor.  At 9am my husband had a 9 minute wait. There are some videos out there showing the process, as well as written instructions on the eMed and Navica sites. 

The results are available in multiple formats, and show all pertinent information. I will give an update when we board.

So we are negative as of today, August 25 , and just booked the August 28 sailing! Since we already had Sept 4 booked, so it may become a b2b or we may just cancel Sept 4 and move the FCC to our January cruise. 😁

Thank you so much for your positive post.  I, too, am on the September 4 Edge sailing.  This sounds much easier and more convenient than going to CVS.  I just ordered a 6 pack from eMed.  Again, thanks, and enjoy your August 28th sailing.

• Like 1

For the Abbott Binax Now Covid 19 Antigen test, is there a number to call for someone to supervise the test?  Also, I think I read in one of these posts that you require a prescription for it. If that is the case, do I need to make an appt. with my primary doctor for her to write a prescription for it?  I'm sooo confused.

33 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

For the Abbott Binax Now Covid 19 Antigen test, is there a number to call for someone to supervise the test?  Also, I think I read in one of these posts that you require a prescription for it. If that is the case, do I need to make an appt. with my primary doctor for her to write a prescription for it?  I'm sooo confused.

No. The Antigen test is self administered only. You have to buy the AgCard test to have it monitored. No perspective is necessary but on a few sites that sell the test you do have to answer some questions. 

Help.  Non tech senior here.  I was able to get to the eMed site on my iPhone and they sent me the “Welcome/Sign Up” email.  I am able to login on my laptop…but when I go to the eMed site on my iPhone now…if I select either “Login” or “Order Now” it flips to a new page that is totally white. Nada on it at all.  I have enabled cookies on my phone.  Has anyone else had this problem?  I suppose I can use my laptop for the camera supervised test but don’t understand why the iPhone won’t let me…. Is it because I need todownload the Navica app?

1 hour ago, LadyBerard said:

You can order directly from emed site, no prescription needed. 6 tests are $150 from them. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kleibo said:

Someone put a you tube on the Carnival thread.   There are also a couple of threads on this BinaxNow on the Carnival thread that might answer some questions.

Thank you for sharing, this was great!  We will be using these for our Nov cruise. 

1 hour ago, LadyBerard said:

Can 6 different people use them?  Cruising with friends in Nov.  We could split the cost if so.

Yes, someone from another thread confirmed you can create up to 6 accounts in the app, and each can do the test. 

44 minutes ago, aly7859 said:

We also used this virtual test in May when returning to the US from Costa Rica & it was so easy & fast.  However, recently I have read there have been some delays once you login to do your test:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/long-wait-times-binax-now-at-home-covid-test/

Thanks for posting your experience using the tests, those two words “fast and easy” is exactly what we are looking for!

In the link you posted, I noticed this update above the article…this note and other reviews from users regarding wait times is encouraging!  I have followed the above group for a few years now, and I can always depend on to date and accurate information on multiple subjects. Travel related and they have it covered! They are always my “go to” for latest information regardless of location.

We will try to allow plenty of time just in case….

Update 8/11/21: Wait times seem to be improving since we wrote this article. TPG’s Zach Honig took two tests in the past couple of days and found a 9-minute hold (both times!) for a provider.

• Like 1