Parking Car at Newark Airport

njgirl

Any advice / recommendations of where to park your car (safe & not overly expensive) at Newark Airport to catch a flight for a cruise leaving from Florida?

Thanks so much

!

2 hours ago, njgirl said:

Any advice / recommendations of where to park your car (safe & not overly expensive) at Newark Airport to catch a flight for a cruise leaving from Florida?

Official short term lots that are located by each terminal are $44 a day with easy access to the terminal. Thats where I usually park if I have a biz trip that I have to fly from EWR which isn't often. They have longer term lots at P4 (with the Airtrain access) for like $38 a day and a lot that requires a bus for $21 the first day and $10.50 each day after that. 

Offsite lots abound and there are too many to name (and I don't have much experience with them because I always try to avoid parking at the airport). Not knowing where you live, it could just be easier to take a car service or train (there is an Amtrak stop at EWR). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, njhorseman said:

You beat me to the punch. 

Exactly -  airport parking costs have reached the point where, except for very short trips, car service or train and taxi make a lot more sense than driving and parking.  - Especially when you consider the often less-than-convenient transition from lot to terminal.

It depends on the airport.

When I fly, my local airports are Boston Logan or TF Green in Providence.

At Logan, the off airport lots really aren't that convenient to begin with. The one I used to use now appears to charge around $25 a day. Parking at the airport is $38 a day ($25 a day with reservation, economy is still closed).

At TF Green, most of the offsite lots are closed. On airport parking ranges from $17-$32 depending on location. There is a third garage, the furthest from the terminal (longer walk) that is $10 a day with a reservation.

Thanks all of you that replied.

My Question is:

Can anyone recommend an off site parking lot at EWR that they used and were happy with?  Need to park for 2 weeks.

Thanks!

Pre covid we used CORPORATE PARKING...i think technically it's  in Elizabeth...i think Virginia Street...10 min from airport...they have vans that take you to your terminal. Inside and outside parking.  They used to have coupons online. Used them for over 30 years.  Check and see if they still exist. Gated, guarded lot.

Just now, Mrs f. said:

Pre covid we used CORPORATE PARKING...i think technically it's  in Elizabeth...i think Virginia Street...10 min from airport...they have vans that take you to your terminal. Inside and outside parking.  They used to have coupons online. Used them for over 30 years.  Check and see if they still exist. Gated, guarded lot.

Just checked google...says on Jefferson Street

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 4:32 PM, Mrs f. said:

This is the one I've used in the past.

Whenever we have flown from Newark, the flights have been so early that we would have to leave say around 4-5 AM. So we have always found motels with a shuttle that have a rate for an overnight stay with allowing you to leave your car and a shuttle to and from the airport.

They have generally been in Elizabeth. I'd recommend one, but the one we used last was not so great, The one we liked and generally used was sold to Red Roof Inn, and no longer had that feature.