Cabin # selected not assigned

slk1000

Hello. I'll be traveling on the Meraviglia on 10/2nd.  When I booked my cruise I selected a specific balcony cabin but when I go into my reservation to check in it's not showing the cabin # I chose but instead is say guarnateed.  I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

2 minutes ago, slk1000 said:

Hello. I'll be traveling on the Meraviglia on 10/2nd.  When I booked my cruise I selected a specific balcony cabin but when I go into my reservation to check in it's not showing the cabin # I chose but instead is say guarnateed.  I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

For that sailing (and maybe others) MSC "lost" all of the cabins a couple of months ago. Calling restored them so that is what you may need to do.

That being said, for me - and some others - on the first page it still says "not assigned" but then going into the cruise details shows the cabin number.

But call them asap...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

For that sailing (and maybe others) MSC "lost" all of the cabins a couple of months ago. Calling restored them so that is what you may need to do.

That being said, for me - and some others - on the first page it still says "not assigned" but then going into the cruise details shows the cabin number.

But call them asap...

Thank you so much for letting me know.  I just called MSC and they told me I have to contact my travel agent.  I booked through cruise.com.  I hope I can restore the cabin I chose.  It's showing up as a guaranteed cabin on my reservation and the MSC rep couldn't tell me if they changed it to guaranteed due to social distancing protocols or if it was changed through my travel agent. I'm waiting for a call back from cruise.com.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slk1000 said:

Thank you so much for letting me know.  I just called MSC and they told me I have to contact my travel agent.  I booked through cruise.com.  I hope I can restore the cabin I chose.  It's showing up as a guaranteed cabin on my reservation and the MSC rep couldn't tell me if they changed it to guaranteed due to social distancing protocols or if it was changed through my travel agent. I'm waiting for a call back from cruise.com.

I heard some cabins were removed because certain decks, or sections of decks, were reserved for temporary quarantine for those who tested covid positive.  That may or may not factor into the change on your reservation.

29 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I heard some cabins were removed because certain decks, or sections of decks, were reserved for temporary quarantine for those who tested covid positive.  That may or may not factor into the change on your reservation.

Thank you. I've been told that it was due to CDC guidelines and that have up until the day before to assign the cabin #.

33 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I've heard this too, but have been unable to confirm outside of cruisecritic.

That being said, they 100% lost the cabins on the 10/2 cruise (and maybe others) when they changed the itinerary. What one has to do with the other you'll have to ask the stellar MSC IT folks 🙂

6 minutes ago, Lisichka said:

Mine shows cabin not assigned but on cruise details it still shows correct cabin.  Do I still need to call in or is that ok?

No...that is another IT glitch...mine is the exact same way. I've actually called in several times to double check 🙂

I was assured (each time) that the cabin is assigned but because of IT issues it just doesn't show on the first page.

My only worry is that it will prevent me from getting cruise docs. They told me it wouldn't...we will see...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slk1000 said:

What floor were you on?
They cleared out the lower floors for covid. I was in the same boat (figuratively).  I had the longer balcony on the 8th floor and was extremely bummed they took it from me.  But someone from MSC got me another cabin i'm happy with. it only took 3 phone calls and tons of time listening to hold music

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alyssamma said:

I've heard this too, but have been unable to confirm outside of cruisecritic.

That being said, they 100% lost the cabins on the 10/2 cruise (and maybe others) when they changed the itinerary. What one has to do with the other you'll have to ask the stellar MSC IT folks 🙂

My travel agent and MSC said they didn't lose the cabin #'s and it was due to the CDC guidelines.  I let my travel agent know what you said and she that didn't happen.  Obviously it did but what good would it do for me to argue about it now.  I hope I get a good cabin or I'll be pretty upset!

1 minute ago, slk1000 said:

My travel agent and MSC said they didn't lose the cabin #'s and it was due to the CDC guidelines.  I let my travel agent know what you said and she that didn't happen.  Obviously it did but what good would it do for me to argue about it now.  I hope I get a good cabin or I'll be pretty upset!

I think the issue is there are two things going on. A couple of months ago - long before the CDC stuff - the 10/2 (and other) cruises had an itinerary change. Every cabin was lost. I was in the YC...there are no CDC reserved cabins there.

Then, separately, several people reported losing their cabins because of the CDC stuff.

The difference between the two is easy to spot. In the first case it says "unassigned" in the second case it says "guaranteed"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, codeyell0 said:

What floor were you on?
They cleared out the lower floors for covid. I was in the same boat (figuratively).  I had the longer balcony on the 8th floor and was extremely bummed they took it from me.  But someone from MSC got me another cabin i'm happy with. it only took 3 phone calls and tons of time listening to hold music

I was on the 10th floor.

5 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

I think the issue is there are two things going on. A couple of months ago - long before the CDC stuff - the 10/2 (and other) cruises had an itinerary change. Every cabin was lost. I was in the YC...there are no CDC reserved cabins there.

Then, separately, several people reported losing their cabins because of the CDC stuff.

The difference between the two is easy to spot. In the first case it says "unassigned" in the second case it says "guaranteed"

Mine says G00000 under stateroom when I go to online check in. I guess that would mean CDC which is surprising because I was on the 10th floor.

10 minutes ago, slk1000 said:

Mine says G00000 under stateroom when I go to online check in. I guess that would mean CDC which is surprising because I was on the 10th floor.

Correct...and that is why I'm not 100% sure it was the CDC. I mean, I know that is what people say, but on ships sailing with 20% capacity people were getting the gty staterooms...it doesn't make sense.

But with MSC nothing does 🙂

You said you talked to your TA and MSC...they couldn't assign you a cabin right then and there?

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

There must be other reasons too because I didn’t book until just 2 weeks ago and my cabin shows not assigned (until I go to cruise details where my cabin is displayed).

Edited by Lisichka

7 minutes ago, Lisichka said:

There must be other reasons too because I didn’t book until just 2 weeks ago and my cabin shows not assigned (until I go to cruise details where my cabin is displayed).

Are you on the 10/2 sailing? If so, I think that whole thing is messed up from the iten change.

But really, with MSC, who can tell 🙂

4 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Are you on the 10/2 sailing? If so, I think that whole thing is messed up from the iten change.

Yes, I am. Hopefully it will work out.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

We are and lost our cabin in YC and had the TA call and get it back. It now shows the correct cabin on MSC website and their app but then after checking in, it says “cabin not assigned”.  Hope we can get our docs. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

20 minutes ago, wedocruise said:

We are having this issue for the 9/18 sailing as well - in the YC.  Multiple calls to MSC and our travel agent gets us a different answer and a not so great feeling about our cabin assignment.  We are at a G000000 also.  

It is definitely frustrating not knowing. Good luck!  

• Like 2

I just had the same thing pop up for our 9/25 sailing. We had an aft balcony booked -- the last one that was available at the time, in fact -- and I think it actually poofed while I was looking at the app just a few minutes ago. We were on deck 9 FWIW. In a stroke of irony, I was specifically trying to find our room number again when it told me that my session had expired. Logged back in and there's that G0000. Sign in on my PC and it says my stateroom is not assigned despite having been assigned for months at this point.

An interesting addendum in my case is that my TA had actually emailed me our cruise docs before I felt it should have been possible. On MSC's site it very clearly indicates you get docs 20 days before sailing and we were closer to 30 days out when I got the docs. I wasn't about to complain and I feel a bit better having those in-hand, but this whole thing remains a bit unsettling. And, of course, I never was able to access our docs myself.

Anyway, I emailed my TA to see if he knows what's up and I will certainly share any learnings here. It doesn't help, but I can say that as someone who breaks apps and websites for a living (I'm a QA analyst), I feel everybody's pain with MSC's IT and then some. Here's hoping it's just a hiccup and everything is fine for all of us.

25 minutes ago, bundtkate said:

I just had the same thing pop up for our 9/25 sailing. We had an aft balcony booked -- the last one that was available at the time, in fact -- and I think it actually poofed while I was looking at the app just a few minutes ago. We were on deck 9 FWIW. In a stroke of irony, I was specifically trying to find our room number again when it told me that my session had expired. Logged back in and there's that G0000. Sign in on my PC and it says my stateroom is not assigned despite having been assigned for months at this point.

An interesting addendum in my case is that my TA had actually emailed me our cruise docs before I felt it should have been possible. On MSC's site it very clearly indicates you get docs 20 days before sailing and we were closer to 30 days out when I got the docs. I wasn't about to complain and I feel a bit better having those in-hand, but this whole thing remains a bit unsettling. And, of course, I never was able to access our docs myself.

Anyway, I emailed my TA to see if he knows what's up and I will certainly share any learnings here. It doesn't help, but I can say that as someone who breaks apps and websites for a living (I'm a QA analyst), I feel everybody's pain with MSC's IT and then some. Here's hoping it's just a hiccup and everything is fine for all of us.

MSC says 20 days but some people get them months in advance...others can't get them at all 🙂

On the Oct. 2nd sailing in the YC. Had the issue with the itinerary change and losing my cabin. Called immediately and everything was fixed. I put in an upgrade bid to move to a YC Balcony from a YC interior. Still about 25 YC balconies still available so I'll probably get the upgrade, bid lowest price. Let's see how that all plays out. BTW, got my E-Tickets on Weds. 31 days out.

• Like 1

So my TA got back to me today and said that deck 9 had been set aside as the quarantine deck. MSC hasn't informed affected passengers nor their TAs and seemingly has no specific plan for reassigning passengers in an equitable fashion. I paid extra for my aft balcony and it really looks like they were just going to wing it. I get changes and upheavals are to be expected. I've been through a few and have taken them in stride. But doing this less than 30 days out seems a bit ridiculous to begin with. Add in that Meraviglia has sailed many times already which means they should probably have standardized this and dealt with it for all sailings near the beginning of the restart and it's hard not to slam your head against the desk. To make matters more irritating, they aren't able to reassign me to another aft balcony because my eticket has already been issued which means the first level CSRs essentially can't do anything at all.

So I have an explanation in my case. I'm not sure how trustworthy that explanation is, but TA did say he called twice and got the same answer so that's something. Still no fix, however. TA has a call back scheduled with a supervisor for Monday (apparently corporate is closed on the weekends) so I guess I'll know more then. Unless they're closed for Labor Day, too, and the CSR didn't realize that was a thing, but I'm thinking positive thoughts.