VISTA: What did you notice?

KatieBelle

This is an homage to Stan.  He was always attuned to details and I am missing his acute observations.  So I thought maybe we could collectively share our detailed views of the new Vista.  Here are a few of ours.

-To JVNYC:  After looking carefully at deck 6, I truly do not see a promenade.  

-Could it be that the Library on deck 14 is actually a room and not part of a walkway?  That would be so nice if true.

-Also on deck 14, is the unlabeled room aft of the conference room possibly the smoking lounge?

-If the photos are to be believed, the 4 tables in the Culinary Center dining room have 7 chairs/place settings at each table.  The drawings in the Vista Lookbook have 8 seats per table.

-The table in Privee looks slightly smaller and the chairs less bulky.  Much more intimate seating.  Like it.  

-Has anyone found the office of the Oceania Ambassador?  

-She spends an extra day in New York (Sept. 17-18), and 2 extra days in Miami (Oct. 14-16) and Los Angeles (Nov. 1-3).  Assuming these will be Guest days for agents, VIP's.  Will this prohibit B2B, extended voyages?

That's all I have for now.  Your turn!

Katie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KatieBelle said:

....She spends an extra day in New York (Sept. 17-18), and 2 extra days in Miami (Oct. 14-16) and Los Angeles (Nov. 1-3).  Assuming these will be Guest days for agents, VIP's.  Will this prohibit B2B, extended voyages?

I noticed that too.  I’ll be one of the first to ask about 9/17-18 in NYC since we’re considering making a “custom cruise” of the two segments either side of NYC.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

Between the look book and deck plans, seems that both Toscana and Polo have a (semi? ) private dining room at their far forward points with a single large table each

Edited by babysteps
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, babysteps said:

Between the look book and deck plans, seems that both Toscana and Polo have a (semi? ) private dining room at their far forward points with a single large table each

Maybe  for  groups  so they can keep the noise away from the other diners  😉

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jancruz said:

I noticed they tried to make Vista quite different from the O ships..

Jancruz1

Jan: do you know why the Vista transatlantic cruise disembarking in NYC on September 17 doesn’t embark for the next segment (to Montreal) until the next day - September 18? 
We’re considering doing a “custom cruise” of the two segments but wonder how the 9/17 overnight will be handled (e.g., need to leave the ship overnight?).

On 8/30/2021 at 11:39 AM, ORV said:

Looking at the accessible cabins it seems there are very few. There are some in most cats on deck 7 but looks like for the most part you'll need to book Concierge or higher for them. 

Also as someone else mentioned, the big balconies are now starting at Concierge level, no more B3's. I guess they've reasoned balcony size is more important in value than location. It'll be interesting to see how that works out. 

On 8/29/2021 at 3:30 PM, ORV said:

A couple of observations, some fairly obvious. Vista is basically the same as the O class ships with some tweaks. I really wouldn't call it a new class. That's not a criticism, I think it's great that they took a great design and possibly, probably improved it. 

They've moved Horizons from deck 15 to 14. With the other things going on deck 14 it appears that Horizons will be smaller. Really not a problem as other than the repeaters party does Horizons ever get really full. Perhaps sometimes during tea on a sea day. I do notice an unmarked room behind the stage on the starboard side that will probably be the enclosed smoking area. 

Both the Artist's Loft and Culinary center have moved from 12 to 14. While this makes it possible to have 12 Oceania suites instead of 10 on deck 12 it also eliminates the areas called the Patio and Sanctuary, basically the nice covered areas outside on 14. Some people will really miss these areas. I only ever really used them on embarkation when needing to wait for our room to be ready. 

They've put the Fitness center in the same area as the Spa, and possibly expanded the Terrace area. 

I also see that now there is a Conference center that didn't exist before. I guess this replaced the Board room that was deleted to make room from the expanded Baristas/Bakery area. 

Decks 5 & 6 basically have no change in the footprint. I'm sure they'll just be cosmetic differences. 

This is from another post that I'm sure others have read and posted on. If you haven't for some reason kept up with it check it out here. Especially the ones since the deck plans have been released. 

The Owner's Suite is similar, but not identical, to the O ships.  The piano is gone, replaced by a large dining room table.  The bar has moved from the atrium/piano room to the other side of the wall.  It's now in the LR, where the DR table was, and appears to have doubled in size.  The deck runs the length of the suite but no long wraps around.  That deck space is now incorporated as interior space in the LR and the main bath.  The decks also appear to be deeper, allowing enough space for a U-shaped seating area.  The BR appears to have lost one of the 2 walk-in closets, but the remaining one (between the bedroom and the bath) seems significantly larger than before.  The make-up table in the BR, which could be repurposed for a multitude of uses, is gone but it seems to have reappeared in the bathroom.  The BR now has a table with a mirror, but it won't be quite as useful as the previous set-up.  I can't be sure, but it looks as if the guest bathroom, which was off the entrance foyer, has disappeared.  If so, it means guests will have to traipse through the bedroom and the closet if they need to use the facilities.  Awkward!😲

17 minutes ago, Cliff-FLL said:

The Owner's Suite is similar, but not identical, to the O ships.  The piano is gone, replaced by a large dining room table.  The bar has moved from the atrium/piano room to the other side of the wall.  It's now in the LR, where the DR table was, and appears to have doubled in size.  The deck runs the length of the suite but no long wraps around.  That deck space is now incorporated as interior space in the LR and the main bath.  The decks also appear to be deeper, allowing enough space for a U-shaped seating area.  The BR appears to have lost one of the 2 walk-in closets, but the remaining one (between the bedroom and the bath) seems significantly larger than before.  The make-up table in the BR, which could be repurposed for a multitude of uses, is gone but it seems to have reappeared in the bathroom.  The BR now has a table with a mirror, but it won't be quite as useful as the previous set-up.  I can't be sure, but it looks as if the guest bathroom, which was off the entrance foyer, has disappeared.  If so, it means guests will have to traipse through the bedroom and the closet if they need to use the facilities.  Awkward!😲

If you look at the schematic in the Vista Look Book I think you'll find the guest room on your left, right as you walk in the door, in the foyer. I find the furnishings quite masculine, in contrast to a lot of the others. I do like the looks of it though. 

Edited by ORV

1 hour ago, ORV said:

"...I think you'll find the guest room on your left, right as you walk in the door, in the foyer."

I noticed that peculiar space, also, and was wondering if/hoping it was the guest bath.  Normally, though, they give a hint such as a glimpse of the sink or shower.  No hints in this floor plan, though.  Vis-à-vis the décor, I have my reservations.  I'm a fan of dark, substantial woods and this strikes me as "The Jetsons" meets 1960's Swedish modern.  That said -- and before anyone can verbally beat me up for saying an unkind word about Oceania -- I'm sure that, once on board, I'll adapt and enjoy it.

41 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Has the Concierge Lounge been eliminated?  It was a nice perk when paying extra for a Concierge Stateroom. I only see the Executive Lounge on 11. Do we have to check the Lost and Found?

Mauibabes

Maybe you are lost ?

Check deck 9 forward  same as on the O class ships

image.thumb.png.ba26be5fdf9116dcb1fbd830192f1d60.png

29 minutes ago, drib said:

The average Vista B1 fare, with Olife, is $537 per day.

For comparison, the average Riviera B1 (for all years going forward) is $454, and the average Marina B1 is $451.

I'm having a hard time counting up how many of each cabin type based on the deck plans - some of which have two B1s in the legend. If the ship is supposed to hold 1200 passengers, and there are six solo cabins, then there should be 603 cabins (597x2 + 6x1). I'm counting 612 cabins, though, but that's close enough for now.

I like the changes from the O ships.

As with all the ships, if I had my druthers, I would prefer there would be fewer or no numbered categories that were averaged-up and revenue neutral. I think that would be a nice gift to those that book early - if they had their choice of the best A, B, or PH location.

There are only 6 solo cabins, so good luck to anyone trying to snag one of those.

Is it roughly the same  itinerary and same number of days (port and sea) for your comparison?

49 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

Is it roughly the same  itinerary and same number of days (port and sea) for your comparison?

My first thought at that post was “apples and oranges” (and a bunch of other fruits). The approx 18% difference can be due to far more than “new ship.” The Vista prices are for 2023. Perhaps using only Riviera’s early 2023 prices would make more sense except that, because of just the itinerary differences (including varying port charges), a fair comparison is still a guesstimate at best.

On 8/31/2021 at 11:37 AM, Flatbush Flyer said:

Jan: do you know why the Vista transatlantic cruise disembarking in NYC on September 17 doesn’t embark for the next segment (to Montreal) until the next day - September 18? 
We’re considering doing a “custom cruise” of the two segments but wonder how the 9/17 overnight will be handled (e.g., need to leave the ship overnight?).

We are considering the same cruise and also noticed the 17th/18th situation so we asked our TA to ask her O rep. We received the answer today—they are having a special event so all passengers must pack up everything, disembark on the 17th, spend the night somewhere, then embark again on the 18th! No b2b possible and no discount according to her rep.  

This doesn’t seem too passenger-friendly to us.  We will find another itinerary and skip the Vista for now as nothing else appealed to us.  Too bad.  

Billie

Just now, mountain grandma said:

We are considering the same cruise and also noticed the 17th/18th situation so we asked our TA to ask her O rep. We received the answer today—they are having a special event so all passengers must pack up everything, disembark on the 17th, spend the night somewhere, then embark again on the 18th! No b2b possible and no discount according to her rep.  

This doesn’t seem too passenger-friendly to us.  We will find another itinerary and skip the Vista for now as nothing else appealed to us.  Too bad.  

Billie

I have never understood why folks are so eager to book maiden voyages etc.  The chances are there will be finish work disrupting the first cruises, the staff won't be fully trained and certainly won't have gelled into a team, and the ship will be filled with VIPs that get all the attention and leave the paying passengers second class.  I'm sure Vista will be a great ship to sail on during her second season – but not initially.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, drib said:

For Marina, I gave you the average of 592 days of all the fruit. For Riviera, which doesn't start up again until much later, it is only 520 days of all the fruit. But that is a lot of days of fruit anyway you look at it.

For Vista, we have only 214 days of fruit in the sample. (It's actually a pretty good sample of fruit since there is some Med, a Transatlantic, the St Lawrence, and two Panama Canals.)  We all knew that the new ship was going to cost more, and I'm not shocked that it's roughly $90 more per day for a B1. I just thought it was interesting.

And in all cases, these are the things I noticed.

I believe one huge thing being omitted in the comparison with Riveria is the huge discount on Carribean cruises it takes to fill the ship. The Carribean cruises are not part of the analysis. An all new Vista may get premium prices for Year1, but afterwards it’s too much inventory chasing too few passengers in the Carribean. Supply and Demand inequalities push prices downward.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, mountain grandma said:

Billie

That’s what I figured. Probably major media  and travel industry guests. But, I’ll cut O some slack since you can’t do much better that NYC for ultra-publicity.