Ships capacity

tommy

On Millennium last week in Alaska, there were around 900 passengers (we heard 875 from the cruise director and 925 from the captain, so I'm averaging...).  The captain said there were more than 700 staff onboard, so we never felt any shortage of service!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Out of curiosity, Jeremiah, what was typical for August cruises before Covid. We’ve sailed a couple of times in August, and then this past Aug 1 at about 45% capacity. Ship was rarely “crowded” and often seemed empty.

I don't have numbers available to reference, but it is typically pretty light and priced low. Hurricane season, hot weather, school back in session, etc. all drove down prices. 

Keep in mind too that Celebrity only had any summer Caribbean presence starting with the 2017 season. There may have been some ships in the Caribbean way prior to that before my time but for Celebrity to even offer summer Caribbean sailings is still a fairly recent itinerary. 

2 minutes ago, TMaine said:

They are also sailing with a minimum of 95% vaccination rates so the number of children under 12 plays a role in how many passengers are allowed. 

# of unvaccinated children isn't coming into play on Celebrity sailings.   I think some of the July sailings had ~ 40 - 50 out of 1600+ total.    Most times < 1% of the total sailing.

3 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

The crew on the Equinox all have single rooms at this time.  Much of deck 6 is allocated for crew quarters.  The corridor of rooms next to Guest Services was blocked off during the last cruise.  I'm not sure if this was for crew quarters or it was being reserved as to be part of a quarantine area.  I think it's difficult to determine actual passenger load based on room availability shown on-line.

For your Reflection cruise I wonder how much of that 55% is reserved for crew or medical facilities.

AH, that definitely blows up my hopes for a TA crystal ball estimate.  Interesting news.  Thanks for the extra details.

On Silhouette at moment, only 800 on board. Heard a rumour it was 400 next week. But children are back in school from this week and it's the end of traditional family holiday season. 

Our waiter has told us that no staff are allowed off in ports and he implied that it would be so till the end of his contract in December.

19 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Keep in mind too that Celebrity only had any summer Caribbean presence starting with the 2017 season. There may have been some ships in the Caribbean way prior to that before my time but for Celebrity to even offer summer Caribbean sailings is still a fairly recent itinerary. 

Wow, didn't realize that. We must have gone on some of the earliest trips, its a convenient time for us.