Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

Please pull up a chair and join us on a new adventure.   I love posting live commentary of our cruise and mostly do it for our adult children can keep up with us and see us spending their inheritance. 

All are welcome and I will attempt to answer all questions and request.   Feel free to chime in and participate in my blog.    I’ve learned so much from CC members and this is my way of giving back. 

We are finally coming out of COVID lockdown hibernation after 18 months.    These cruises were booked after cancellation of our cruises just as we touched down at FLL on 3/14/2020.    Wow! That seems so far away now.

This cruise began as a booking of our “FREE” Zenith cruise.   The free cruise when you hit 3,000 points is for a Veranda cabin but you can upgrade to a cabin of your choice by paying the difference.    For this cruise we chose to sail in a SS cabin.   We added the second cruise so we could enjoy a B2B.

The first cruise is a 12 night Ultimate Southern Caribbean departing September 5

image.png.1a9b79b610e10691fa53c47bb6e2b1b2.png

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Ahhhh Jim. You can’t imagine how I missed reading your reviews during the long, dark shutdown. Welcome back😊

It's hard to believe after 18 months that we will be back at sea.   At long last September is here and 4 days before we set sail.  

May be an image of African daisy, outdoors and text

• Like 6

Hi Jim,

Enjoy your cruise and have a good time.

Long time between recent cruises.

We have several B2B2B cruises booked on Equinox in summer of 2022.

Have a safe flight to Fort Lauderdale.

Safe Travels.

Bob (and Terry)

Edited by Ravbo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

It's hard to believe after 18 months that we will be back at sea.   At long last September is here and 4 days before we set sail.  

Alan and I are seven weeks behind you. Can’t wait! We wish you and Iain a wonderful return to sea 😎😎
-Michelle 

• Like 1

Have a safe and great sail! We are doing the same itineraries on the Equinox b2b but, on 1/30 & 2/11/22. Looking forward to your post, in the meantime. We are scheduled for the Apex 11/4, and the Silhouette on 12/13 - yes we miss cruising that much.

safe travels

Hal

31 minutes ago, number one eagles fan said:

We look forward to following you on this cruise. We have the same itinerary on the Equinox on November 7th. 

Feel free to ask anything and if I can't answer someone here on Cruise Critics will.    I learn something new everyday from other members.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ravbo said:

Hi Jim,

Enjoy your cruise and have a good time.

Long time between recent cruises.

We have several B2B2B cruises booked on Equinox in summer of 2022.

Have a safe flight to Fort Lauderdale.

Safe Travels.

Bob (and Terry)

Hi Bob and Terrry --

We also originally were going to be sailing in April 2022 but when we found out about having to use our free cruise we jumped in early.       A lot of our initial anxiety has subsided and the current vax rate on Celebrity ships helps us feel more relaxed.      I'm more concerned about flying and FLL than I am of the cruise itself.

• Like 1

Jim, what a great b2b Caribbean itinerary to get you started once again. We have been to all of the islands, both cruising and land stays. Doing your first leg in January 2022 on the "NOX" and will re-visit, if we can, some of our favorite spots. Looking forward to your takes on the various islands as well as Equinox coverage. Hopefully you will have access to most, if not all ports.

Fair winds, calm seas and only the best of times. Twenty-one days doin' the Equinox Boogie! 

Edited by Spif Barwunkel

29 minutes ago, RealBatman said:

Have a great cruise you two! And I'm looking forward to following along as we are scheduled for the same cruise at the end of January. 🙂 

Hope things are getting better in Canada.     I really hope things will improve by the time you set sail.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HS2BS said:

Have a safe and great sail! We are doing the same itineraries on the Equinox b2b but, on 1/30 & 2/11/22. Looking forward to your post, in the meantime. We are scheduled for the Apex 11/4, and the Silhouette on 12/13 - yes we miss cruising that much.

safe travels

Hal

Thanks Hal.     This  will be only the second time we have sailed the Caribbean this early in the years.   1st time was just after 911 which was our first cruise and the beginning of my addiction.

3 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Jim, what a great b2b Caribbean itinerary to get you started once again. We have been to all of the islands, both cruising and land stays. Doing your first leg in January 2022 on the "NOX" and will re-visit, if we can, some of our favorite spots. Looking forward to your takes on the various islands as well as Equinox coverage. Hopefully you will access to most, if not all 

Fair winds, calm seas and only the best of times. Twenty-one days doin' the Equinox Boogie! 

Thanks -- -Surprisingly there are a number of ports we have never hit and look forward to them.   Not sure if we will be taking ship sponsored tours in the ports with curated tours only but with as much OBC's we may just to burn it off.  

The second Cruise will be a 9 night -  Aruba, Bonaire & Curacao Cruise on September 17.    The first  stop in Nassau has  been cancelled due to dock construction and we will now have an overnight in Aruba.  Really didn’t bother us as we were planning on staying aboard in Nassau anyway.

image.png.71a428170bc44dc4e45a03d5fef0bee9.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1