Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sure can.    My e-mail link is in my signature.    CC doesn't have private messaging active.

Thank you so much Jim. It is so very kind of you.

I tried the email link in your signature, but got a pop-up saying “this feature is disabled”. May be I did not look in the right place.

I’d really appreciate if at your convenience, you can please email the picture to me at behram101atgmail.com

Many thanks once again and I look forward to following your blog on your upcoming TA cruise.

Stay safe & healthy.

Jim, thank you so much for taking us along on your trip! I have been a long time HAL cruiser but Celebrity has been on my wish list to try for quite a while. I have so enjoyed reading the menus and daily programs! Wishing you and Iain a safe trip home!

Jim and Iain , thank you so much for sharing your fantastic vacation with everyone.  I really appreciate all time and work it took.  Your pictures are beautiful and your commentary fun and informative.

Safe travels home and can’t wait to read about your next cruise.

Cheers,

Kym

I hate to see that it’s over!  It was a nice spot in each day to log in and see what was new.  Feeling a little sad.  Thanks for the whole thing.  It was a pleasure to read and see!

As promised, here’s the last update for books to read unless I’ve missed any or someone has some last minute suggestions.  😍  Joanie 

Georges Simenon Series 

Gideon Oliver -Aaron  Elkins  series 

Louise Penny’s Gamache series.

Dorothy L. Sayers Lord Peter Wimsey series

Any books by Josephine Tey

Barbara Hambly - Benjamin January series, if you like historical mysteries!

JD Robb books and Robert B Parker

The Scarapetta series by Patricia Cornwel

MC Beaton books

Elizabeth George’s Inspector Lynley Series. 

Donna Leon’s Brunetti series. 

Any books by Tana French

Any books by P. D. James.  

Greg Isles, a writer from Natchez, MS.

Snowblind” by Ragnar Jonasson.  (Book 1 of 6 - DarkIceland)

Cork O’Connor series by William Kent Krueger.  Also non-series books.

Brad Thor

JK Rowling (author of Harry Potter series), writing under the name Robert Galbraith -- the Cormoran Strike series.

Andrea Camilleri -- the Inspector Montalbano series.

Helen Fields -- the Perfect series.

Karin Slaughter -- the Will Trent series

Daniel Silva - Gabriel Allon series

JAMES CRUMLEY —should be read in order

Winston Graham—Poldark series

Janet Evanovich—Stephanie Plum series.  Fox and Hare series.

Anything by Tim Dorsey or Carl Hiassen 

Old Archie comic books and Mad Magazine. 🙂

Ian Rankin’s Rebus series

Peter Robinson’s DCI Banks series

Nevada Barr’s National Parks series

Anything by Anne Cleeves

Set in London

Richard Jury series by Martha Grimes - current times

Thomas Pitt series by Anne Perry - Victorian era

and if you are planning a trip to Egypt check out the

Amelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters

Armistead Maupin's Tales of the City.  4 books.

The Longmire books by Craig Johnson.  Also suggest the fantastic series on Netflix.

David McCullough 'Path Between the Seas' (Panama Canal)

Caroline Graham Inspector Barnaby series

Edited by GeorgiaPeach51
  • Thanks 5

Safe travels home Jim and Iain!

I have so enjoyed your blog (and will enjoy continuing to read even more now that I am off the ship and in a place with great internet connectivity. 

Incredible that we did not get to meet in person on the ship;  once I thought I saw you and Iain passing Cafe Baccio and I gave chase but lost you in the shop/art area.

Do you have a future cruise on your schedule? If so, I can’t wait to follow your Live Blog again!

We left ship at 9:15 (last call)

when we arrived at luggage one bag was missing.    The agent quickly located it.  Someone accidentally picked it up and was on other side of Customs. 

customs was quick with no line and facial recognition.   No passport or Or customs forms required.    Took maybe 1 minute. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

We left ship at 9:15 (last call)

when we arrived at luggage one bag was missing.    The agent quickly located it.  Someone accidentally picked it up and was on other side of Customs. 

customs was quick with no line and facial recognition.   No passport or Or customs forms required.    Took maybe 1 minute. 

This was so painless.  Left ship at 8:15, on shuttle bus to airport at 8:30.  In Delta lounge by 9:45.  No lines for anything at the cruise terminal, just the walk.  Facial scan for customs was great, quick and easy!!  Typical lines to check in at the airport and security, but no stress.  This was great interacting with everybody and was able to say goodbye to Jim in person.  Best wishes to everybody!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

Thank you so much for taking me along on your cruise through these posts. I am trying to decide between a Royal Suite and the Penthouse suite on the Summit. The Penthouse is on the aft which would be nice but for the price difference I am sure I would be just as happy in the Royal. Thanks for all the wonderful pictures. Glad you enjoyed your cruise!!

Laura

There is no doubt that you will be happy in a RS on the Summit.  But before you make your final decision, have you looked at the balcony that comes with the PH on the Summit?  You basically get half the back of the ship with a wraparound to the side.

24 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

There is no doubt that you will be happy in a RS on the Summit.  But before you make your final decision, have you looked at the balcony that comes with the PH on the Summit?  You basically get half the back of the ship with a wraparound to the side.

We had that suite booked for what was to have been a January 2021 cruise.  Obviously COVID got in the way, but man oh man it looks truly amazing, the balcony...I would never leave.  The price was incredible too, one I will probably never see again.

• Like 2

Hi Jim and Iain, Thanks so much for taking us along on your B2B.  It was as though we were there with you aboard the Equinox.  We have truly enjoyed all your photos and appreciate the time you spent answering questions.  We look forward to meeting you in The Retreat one day, but until then we'll see you on FB.  Safe travels!

Mike and Mary

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I have seen pictures of the PH and I love it. But the price......... A killer! I'll have to see the difference in price when 2023 Summit to Bermuda is posted. I just think how many cruises I could do for the PH price.

Laura

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiserRob said:

FYI, the 13 PRO has a larger screen than the 7+.

You're absolutely right. I had noted that the dimensions of the 13 PRO are smaller than those of the 7+, but I'd forgotten to take into account that when they eliminated the home button they increased the usable screen size. Thanks for the reminder! 👍

Jim,  Thank You again for sharing your cruise with us.  You have such a writing talent - it seems like you are bringing us into the trip with you.  Incredible photography as well.  Be Safe and Stay Healthy - we look forward to your next adventure at SEA!  

• Like 1