Jim_Iain - 9/5 and 9/17 Equinox B2B - Come along for a Live Blog

Jim_Iain

2 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Thanks, but he's on the Apex in Greece I think. 

YVW but does it matter what ship/cruise he is on?  The responder just said he was wishing someone was posting live, which Mr_T is doing, and it is delightful at that.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Millennium is our favorite ship.    She was the first ship I ever sailed in 2000 and I have a soft spot in my heart for her.

I was thinking of doing a comparison of Millennium  and Equinox.

Looking forward to the comparison.  Haven't sailed on the Millie in years.  She doesn't seem to go where I'm going.  Enjoy your overnight in San Francisco and the sail in and out.  I used to regularly go to San Francisco at least once a year to shop and eat.  Last time I was there it was looking a tad seedy.

@Jim_IainHi Jim,  Could you please answer a question for me?  How was the air temperature in Luminae and The Retreat Lounge?  I usually wear a t-shirt under my button-downs.  I am wondering if I should pack more short sleeve or long sleeve.  If it is chilly around the ship, I would tend to wear long sleeves in the evenings.  Thanks, Paul

4 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

@Jim_IainHi Jim,  Could you please answer a question for me?  How was the air temperature in Luminae and The Retreat Lounge?  I usually wear a t-shirt under my button-downs.  I am wondering if I should pack more short sleeve or long sleeve.  If it is chilly around the ship, I would tend to wear long sleeves in the evenings.  Thanks, Paul

The temperatures were always very comfortable in both Retreat and Luminae. It was never hot nor cold.    I brought a light sweater with me but mostly to  use when we arrived back in SF at 11:00 at night.    I wore an Artic Cool Tshirt most days and was comfortable both inside and out.    In the evenings usually short sleeve shirts and was never cold.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The temperatures were always very comfortable in both Retreat and Luminae. It was never hot nor cold.    I brought a light sweater with me but mostly to  use when we arrived back in SF at 11:00 at night.    I wore an Artic Cool Tshirt most days and was comfortable both inside and out.    In the evenings usually short sleeve shirts and was never cold.

The artic cool shirt is that the one I see on fb all the time? Do they really work well?

Laura

23 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

The artic cool shirt is that the one I see on fb all the time? Do they really work well?

Laura

Yes that is where I found it.     I love them and they do work.   I ended up buying about 6 of them.    In addition to cooling you if they get damp with perspiration they evaporate  and dry within 10-15 minutes. 

Iain had been wearing  his cotton T's and I loaned him a couple and he said they were much cooler. 

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes that is where I found it.     I love them and they do work.   I ended up buying about 6 of them.    In addition to cooling you if they get damp with perspiration they evaporate  and dry within 10-15 minutes. 

Iain had been wearing  his cotton T's and I loaned him a couple and he said they were much cooler. 

Thanks so much for letting me know. I hate to rely on fb comments about products. Do they fit true to size?

19 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

Thanks so much for letting me know. I hate to rely on fb comments about products. Do they fit true to size?

Yes... they fit as expected.   You might buy them on Amazon like I did.   That way if you don't like just return it.    They seem to have a better selection of colors.

The fabric is kinda stretchy and give a little more comfort when moving.

14 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes... they fit as expected.   You might buy them on Amazon like I did.   That way if you don't like just return it.    They seem to have a better selection of colors.

The fabric is kinda stretchy and give a little more comfort when moving.

Thanks so much Jim. I will check it out on Amazon.

Laura

Hi Jim-

I’m late to the party, but have been lurking as usual.  You should get a commission from Celebrity.  After following your trip we just last week booked the Equinox for the 9 night ABC itinerary at the end of October.  I would appreciate it if you could add some information about the golf cart rental on Bonaire.  I have emailed them to check availability and waiting for a reply.  Could you please tell me what the cost was and if it was daily or hourly.

I loved all your photos and insights and am already lurking on your new Pacific Coastal thread.  Enjoy!!

1 hour ago, long time lurker said:

Hi Jim-

I’m late to the party, but have been lurking as usual.  You should get a commission from Celebrity.  After following your trip we just last week booked the Equinox for the 9 night ABC itinerary at the end of October.  I would appreciate it if you could add some information about the golf cart rental on Bonaire.  I have emailed them to check availability and waiting for a reply.  Could you please tell me what the cost was and if it was daily or hourly.

I loved all your photos and insights and am already lurking on your new Pacific Coastal thread.  Enjoy!!

Hi...you might want to check my videos from the September 17, 2021 9 days ABC islands cruise..I am up to DAY 5...lots of pics of the islands, and lots of ship pics..days 6 through 9 are coming soon..they take a while to produce!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLTY8CPGV3T9ez3UPuvODrWe2xZ9IKLwao

Edited by SonuvaBeach

11 minutes ago, SonuvaBeach said:

Hi...you might want to check my videos from the September 17, 2021 9 days ABC islands cruise..I am up to DAY 5...lots of pics of the islands, and lots of ship pics..days 6 through 9 are coming soon..they take a while to produce!

I have been following.  It looks like a fun cruise.  Thanks for putting them on Cruises Critic.

24 minutes ago, SonuvaBeach said:

Thanks --- I saw that yesterday.   You do  a nice job on your videos.   Brings the islands to life.

On 9/7/2021 at 9:35 PM, Beba-Beba said:

My first was the Greek Line SS Nea Hellas in 1953.  My first with a Chandris/Celebrity ship was a cruise n stay on Chandris SS Bon Vivant in 1976 and I am still loyal.  But Celebrity will only give me credit for cruises after the Century in 1996.

Hello, Mary.

We would have placed a "million-to-one" bet that we would never see the name, "Nea Hellas," in a CruiseCritic thread.  We are stunned to see that you were aboard her -- and in 1953, to boot!

Why the surprise?  The father of one of us was a U.S. Army Sergeant, serving in North Africa and Europe during World War II.  In 1945, he came back home to the U.S. on a liner that had been made into a "troop ship."  We are sure that you know the name of the ship: Nea Hellas.  The ship's existence spanned 1921-1961.  You can read about her here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Tuscania_(1921)

Thank you, and ... smooth sailing for many more years to come!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks --- I saw that yesterday.   You do  a nice job on your videos.   Brings the islands to life.

After reading your blog every day for almost two weeks before the September 17 cruise, Toni and I were excited to finally meet you in person, and  we looked for you every day, every where, hoping to run into you and say HELLO!, but  we never saw you...one of the few disappointments on this cruise! I hope we can meet up some day!

17 hours ago, long time lurker said:

Hi Jim-

Hi --  They do take a little while to get back to you.    Not sure if the are open every day when ships are not in port.

The cost was flat $95 for the entire day.  I believe they open at 9:00 and you have plenty of time to do both the Northern and Southern routes.     They give you a map with all the beaches and points of interest noted. 

Jim

6 hours ago, SonuvaBeach said:

After reading your blog every day for almost two weeks before the September 17 cruise, Toni and I were excited to finally meet you in person, and  we looked for you every day, every where, hoping to run into you and say HELLO!, but  we never saw you...one of the few disappointments on this cruise! I hope we can meet up some day!

It was really our pleasure to meet you.  Hopefully we will meet again on a cruise.

34 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Hi --  They do take a little while to get back to you.    Not sure if the are open every day when ships are not in port.

The cost was flat $95 for the entire day.  I believe they open at 9:00 and you have plenty of time to do both the Northern and Southern routes.     They give you a map with all the beaches and points of interest noted. 

Jim

Thanks Jim-

I did receive a reply. Thanks for the info. It looks like a really fun day. Hope all is going well as you prepare for your next trip. 

6 hours ago, long time lurker said:

Thanks Jim-

I did receive a reply. Thanks for the info. It looks like a really fun day. Hope all is going well as you prepare for your next trip. 

I would recommend the Southern Loop to start.   If you aren't tiered or had enough for the day you could also do the Northern Loop. 

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would recommend the Southern Loop to start.   If you aren't tiered or had enough for the day you could also do the Northern Loop. 

Jim - We will be in Bonaire on 2/1 and I just sent them an email to reserve a golf cart. I asked them to send you a commission for your great recommendation. Will let you know their reply.

Thanks for your help with this. 

On 10/6/2021 at 5:54 PM, RICCruisers said:

Jim - We will be in Bonaire on 2/1 and I just sent them an email to reserve a golf cart. I asked them to send you a commission for your great recommendation. Will let you know their reply.

Thanks for your help with this. 

No commission expected or required.    I'm just happy you were to get a booking before you arrived.   I'm sure you will have a great day.    Bring some drinks and a snack as there isn't much along the southern route.     I think I saw 1 store.