Live from Carnival Sunrise B2B 9/2-9/11

jam19872016

CC Help Jenn
This post was recognized by CC Help Jenn!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic"

jam19872016 was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Hello everyone. I'll be cruising on the Sunrise for 9 days starting tomorrow and plan on doing a live review during my cruise. 

If you have any questions I'll try to answer them for you.

In the meantime you can read my last review below. 

That review is still in progress so dont freak out when you reach the end and it's not done lol.

I also did my first live review on the royal boards in july. You can check that out below.

• Like 1

Cruising with me this trip is my good friend and cruise buddy, M. We are celebrating her turning 40. 

Also coming with us is her mom and her grandma. They are sharing a cabin and I have my own room.

Stopping for a bite to eat at the same place we did last time by her house cause it was so good last time.

20210901_174812.thumb.jpg.eae2664698700b6be1b92f1c0768f372.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee Cruiser said:

We will be on the Sunrise in a couple of weeks. We are curious to know if you can get a day pass at the Bimini Hilton Resort or rent chairs and umbrellas somewhere else there. Thanks 

I'll see what I can find out 🙂

• Thanks 1

I wasn't real hungry so we just got some apps to fill our tummy.

Meatballs.

20210901_180509.thumb.jpg.84e239d76cbb70d28f9b24d619614fe2.jpg

And some Nashville chicken sliders.

20210901_180913.thumb.jpg.2df77ab3b165ace5099e0268ffc54e80.jpg

The meatballs were fantastic the chicken was meh. I've been watching too many reviews of big chicken and had a craving. This did not satisfy that craving. 

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

I'll see what I can find out 🙂

3 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

We will be on the Sunrise in a couple of weeks. We are curious to know if you can get a day pass at the Bimini Hilton Resort or rent chairs and umbrellas somewhere else there. Thanks 

We were in Bimini a few weeks ago on the Magic. Don’t waste your time at the Hilton beach(Beach 360). Rent a golf cart $50-$90 and explore the island and head to radio beach.. Much better and a beautiful beach… Plus you can explore the island. Very easy to get around and you won’t get lost..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

We were in Bimini a few weeks ago on the Magic. Don’t waste your time at the Hilton beach(Beach 360). Rent a golf cart $50-$90 and explore the island and head to radio beach.. Much better and a beautiful beach… Plus you can explore the island. Very easy to get around and you won’t get lost..

Is there a place at radio beach to rent chairs and umbrellas?

Got a little down time so let me tell you about my run in with technology malfunctions.

My phone has been on its last leg for a while. It does not hold a charger very well without dropping the connection. I have been meaning to break down and buy a new one but I have kept putting it off. When I went to plug it in last night it was done cooperating with me jamming the charger in to get it to stick - it will no longer charge. 

So when I got up today I wanted to at least check in on my computer to let everyone know my live would be on a bit of a delay. Well my computer decided today was the day to download a massive update to windows. I left it running for probably two hours and it got to 90%. 

I forced it off just now so I could use it which maybe I should have done to begin with but I had no idea it was going to be such a huge update. I also ran to Wal-Mart and bought myself a new phone. I can't download the hub app because I didn't set up my phone. I'm just using the WIFI and I am not smart enough to figure out how to use the play store with no account so that is a bit of a bummer with everything so dependent on the hub app.

Technical issues aside embarkation was smooth with only one issue.

We arrived around 12:30 with a 10:30 check-in. The line was so much better than last time. It took maybe five minutes to move through it. The issue I ran into was caused by me trying to be Mr.Honest.

I answered truthfully on my health questionnaire when it asked if I had been out of the country in the last 14 days. I got off my last cruise less than two weeks ago. Protocols have been updated to say there is no further testing required since we bring our test with us now. Well you still get pulled aside for additional screening.

It was pretty painless. A short five minute wait to see a ship doctor to ask some basic questions and take my temperature and I was on my way. Better communication I think would be the key here, because I had no idea what was going on just that I was being made to see a doctor before boarding.

With all the additional scrutiny to my information, M was never asked to show her negative covid test. She has it, of course, but it was never verified.

7 hours ago, mfrometa said:

Cant wait to read this awesome review. Wife and I are going on the Buffalo Bills Mafia cruise in May 2022. Any tips for us since we haven't cruised in 8 years(Dang kids :)?

My advice for any cruise not nessasarily specific to Sunrise - go with the flow. You're on vacation. Go in to have a good time and you will. Don't sweat the small stuff just enjoy yourself. If I notice anything specific to this ship I will be sure to share it with you 🙂

6 hours ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Is there a place at radio beach to rent chairs and umbrellas?

I don't hit bimini on this leg of the cruise but I will see what I can find out on the second leg 🙂

• Thanks 1

Dinner was decent. I'll get the menus posted later i could not grab screen shots since I have no hub app but they are identical to last cruise.

For my starter I ordered the shrimp cocktail and cured salmon. The shrimp didn't come out but we all know what that looks like 🙂

20210902_191700.thumb.jpg.c18d8512f4a93d0301db7e6c73e3a611.jpg

For my main I ordered the vegetable lasagna.

20210902_192546.thumb.jpg.61c3eef7f1eb1fec2510ef8118a4e575.jpg

And for dessert I got the tiramisu. 

20210902_194717.thumb.jpg.379d851fc46d55269a475dd069217fb7.jpg

Edited by jam19872016

After dinner we went to the adult comedy at 8:30 it was very funny. There is a group in the audience with a Skelton. And they are sitting in the front row. Great stuff with the comedian interacting with them.

At the 9:30 show now. They are in the front again. I am looking forward to that as much as the planned show lol.