Live music

cusematt4

Hi,

I often enjoy different types of live music when on cruises whether a house band for pop hits, reggae music and other types of live music.  Aside from djs, does virgin have live music from different types of bands on the ship?

I also haven’t seen much about entertainment aside from the shows - what kind of activities are there?

Probably tough to say what will be available when Scarlet Lady cruises out of the US. The summer sailings we’re only 2/3rds capacity so there likely wasn’t a full programme and what there was was geared to us Brits. There were quite a few bands all local to the UK and various musical styles - the theme was A Band of Brits.

As well as shows in the Manor and Poolside, there were “pop up” musical acts throughout the ship and a regular acoustic set in the Dock. On the last cruise, there was an outdoor concert around the pool played by a well known 1980’s UK group - ABC, which was excellent.

The summary for me would be, quite a bit of music, not sure there will be “cover style” groups. However I expect Virgin will have a completely new format for their Caribbean sailings - time will tell!

Don