9-2-20 Thursday Weigh-In---First Weigh-In Of September

Belle

Good morning everyone. Belle  I understand your feeling about fewer posts.   Sometimes it’s just you and me.  I’m not posting so much because nothing is different and  sometimes when I scroll it looks like me,me,me very boring for others.

weather nice last 2 mornings able to walk horse trails which Jazzper loves because I let him off leash —- he’ll lag behind until I’m just out of sight then run full blast past me to next blind spot-  he listens,  he’ll stop when I say wait and  he waits for me to catch up.  I have to go to him .

Jan dinner sounds delicious I prefer bohemian potato dumplings with pork and of course sauerkraut.  I’m jealous of everyone who has family close with babies.   I won’t have anymore grands and don’t think I will live long enough to see great grands.  GD is 26 never dated seriously  - many of her friends have children - just don’t see her as a mom.  GS is 11  if he ever marries I predict many babies-  he is very nurturing with his pets.

Susan have a wonderful cruise.

Izena - I had never heard of bohemian potato dumplings, so had to google it.  Sounds interesting.  My mom always served sauerkraut as a vegetable - although I don't have it very often anymore (usually on a corned beef sandwich).  Love hearing about different foods!  Jan

Crashed potatoes YUM!! Also looked up bohemian mashed potatoes. Still too hot for them but hopefully in a month.

Food wise -> ice cream is really marked down now. $1.25 a container (1.5 qts). Bought 2 qts but portioned it out so I might not over indulge. So far its working. Another trick I use is freezing whipped yoplait (strawberry, lime, chocolate) and then eat that instead. 

Finally made it to 161.9 so almost to 25 bmi. Happy dance time 💃

• Like 1

Hi all!

Belle ~ I don't think the thread is falling apart either. I too come in & check up what people have to say but don't always feel like posting.

Jan ~ oh that's so sweet, your description of your newest GS.

I'm having a disappointing day! It started out with no power for 3 hours then I got an email from my TA that the Bliss has been redeployed in 2023 so my TA replacing the one cancelled in April of this year has also been cancelled!! Not big things in the scheme of things eg the destruction in LA etc but offputting.

I sure hope I haven't eaten too much this week for weigh in tomorrow!!

Have a nice day & stay safe..

~ Jo ~😊

Nice to see you all here---

Jan---What a nice dinner with all the veggies from your garden. I think potatoes aren't

as bad as the chips or cookies. Good job in keeping them in the freezer. Have fun with

the GS. Both of my kids had lots of hair when born.

Izena--That's me boring at this time. Like to read what other's are doing and don't think

you or others have boring lives. Your walks with Jazzper sounds like fun. All the different potato

dishes. One thing I don't like is sauerkraut.

Ombud--Great on the weight. Great price on the ice cream too. Sorry shouldn't say that but

ice cream is my favorite thing. your doing good on portions control.

Jo--Sorry you lost power and a cruise in the same day. You got the power back, that's good.

Do you have another cruise booked for this year? I know things are bad for a lot of people

but we still can feel bad when things happen to us.

Me--I'm just tired period and of me doing nothing, the house the world. Does that cover it all?

Just read the extended the testing for cruises till Dec. 31st now. Was Oct. Don't mind just

worried getting back in time. Son's took 3 days (suppose to be 2) he had 3 days we have only 2 now.

Plus we never know if cruises will sail day to day or be cancelled.

Speaking of Grandkids I probably won't have any. Both my kids were married but they didn't work out.

Still going to the dentist, going today later in afternoon.

We've been having hot weather 90's and couple days 100. Will start going to 80's then the 70's.

One thing that's nice we cool down at night

Hoping we all have good numbers tomorrow with having the holiday weekend.

I just want to travel. Get out of town.  With new suv need  to be brave and take Jazzper on a road trip.  sometimes I feel restricted from traveling due to Jazzper. — but He is the center of my life , provides me with a purpose,  entertainment,  —-

I and my sisters have tried to make  potaoto dumplings but ended up with potatoe soup LOL.   Did find a company in Chicago area “chateau” that sells frozen dumplings (which will ship but have to buy 6 boxes- too  many and too expensive).

Dog park group will be at my house for dominoes  tomorrow.   Try and get together  every couple of months.