Nov 2021 Moon Athens to Mumbai - Indian visas

lesliedrew

It’s down to 60 days until I leave Nov 1 Athens to Dubai, Nov 17 Dubai to Mumbai on the Moon.  I’m thinking positive so it’s time to work on an Indian visa.  Was surprised to learn that e-visas are presently suspended and then that travel for tourism is not permitted.  I assumed that the reason Mumbai was in question was the covid risks.  While that is certainly still true, it appears that India must open tourist visas before Silversea could even consider ports in India.    My thinking just became less positive.

Help … please … someone tell me my information is wrong …

If we can’t go to Mumbai I’m hoping Silversea will still do the Nov 17 cruise with added time in Abu Dhabi, Doha, Bahrain and Khasab then end back in Dubai.  An extra day in each would be great.

We are on the same two cruises.  Wish we knew but hope SS decides something ASAP.  If India remains closed to tourism we will likely bale on the Dubai to wherever segment. 

India is at CDC level 2 which is better than all the other stops on the itinerary.  I don't think SS will let that deter them from India.  It is really India's call.

Indian visas are not an issue for us since we have 10 yr paper visas.

Edited by flyingshoes

56 minutes ago, lesliedrew said:

It’s down to 60 days until I leave Nov 1 Athens to Dubai, Nov 17 Dubai to Mumbai on the Moon.  I’m thinking positive so it’s time to work on an Indian visa.  Was surprised to learn that e-visas are presently suspended and then that travel for tourism is not permitted.  I assumed that the reason Mumbai was in question was the covid risks.  While that is certainly still true, it appears that India must open tourist visas before Silversea could even consider ports in India.    My thinking just became less positive.

Help … please … someone tell me my information is wrong …

If we can’t go to Mumbai I’m hoping Silversea will still do the Nov 17 cruise with added time in Abu Dhabi, Doha, Bahrain and Khasab then end back in Dubai.  An extra day in each would be great.

And then where does the Moon go for the next segment as that was Mumbai to Singapore. There are a lot of dominoes that need to fall just right.

We are Oct. 23rd Athens to Athens then Nov.1st Athens to Dubai (long story) followed by Dubai to Mumbai and Mumbai to Singapore. 

I just pray we go. Every day is an adventure right now when traveling to so many countries.

We leave in 45 days and keeping our fingers crossed 🤞that all goes well.

2 hours ago, boccenana said:

We are Oct. 23rd Athens to Athens then Nov.1st Athens to Dubai (long story) followed by Dubai to Mumbai and Mumbai to Singapore. I just pray we go.

Since the Athens-Athens cruise is likely to sail, I think you'll go!

Where you get to and will come home from... well, that's anyone's guess at the moment! 😉

Best wishes!

• Thanks 1