LAFFNVEGAS "LIVE" from the Nieuw Amsterdam/The Return.... Part Two

LAFFNVEGAS

CC Help Jenn
This post was recognized by CC Help Jenn!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic"

LAFFNVEGAS was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Good Evening CCer, it has been almost 5 weeks since we disembarked from the Nieuw Amsterdam which was the first Holland America ship to sail after the pause. We were fortunately enough to be on that first sailing having booked it the day that HAL annoucement their return to Alaska. 

As mentioned in my first Live From we would be returning. September 4th. 

We were originally booked to cruise the Eurodam in September 2020, with the Pause it was around June 2020 that HAL annouced the total cancellation of the Alaska season of 2020 and many were able to rebook for September 2021 for the same date. So this cruise was actually booked well over a year ago. I knew early on that I just felt confident that we would sale in September 2021.

This cruise is very much like the July 24th cruise where we are flying up Friday morning on Alaska Airlines and again using Holland America hotel staying downtown at the Sheraton. This cruise we are meeting up with friends that have already arrived in Seattle.

It will be interesting to see the changes/differences between the first sailling  and what week 7 of cruising for the Nieuw Amsterdam brings.

So stay tune as I start reporting tomorrow 😀

• Like 32

53 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Good Evening CCer, it has been almost 5 weeks since we disembarked from the Nieuw Amsterdam which was the first Holland America ship to sail after the pause. We were fortunately enough to be on that first sailing having booked it the day that HAL annoucement their return to Alaska. 

We were originally booked to cruise the Eurodam in September 2020, with the Pause it was around June 2020 that HAL annouced the total cancellation of the Alaska season of 2020 and many were able to rebook for September 2021 for the same date. So this cruise was actually booked well over a year ago. I knew early on that I just felt confident that we would sale in September 2021.

This cruise is very much like the July 24th cruise where we are flying up Friday morning on Alaska Airlines and again using Holland America hotel staying downtown at the Sheraton. This cruise we are meeting up with friends that have already arrived in Seattle.

It will be interesting to see the changes/differences between the first sailling  and what week 7 of cruising for the Nieuw Amsterdam brings.

Well I'll be the first reply! Looking forward to your blog and experiencing a good amount of it with you, woohoo!!  

See you soon.

B

• Like 6

Lisa - I love your "Live from.....threads"    This time I'm lucky enough to be able to join you on the awesome cruise and still follow along.    Looking forward to seeing the Cruise Critic members that have been adding their "joys" and "pains" of being able to make this trip.   Off to the airport for us -

See you and others on the ship.    Safe travels...

Maryell

• Like 5

10 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Lisa, If you stop in at the Alaskan Fudge Company, tell the owners that Fr. Mc Geean gives his regards.

• Like 4