New quarantine requirements in Netherlands??

Psoque

7 hours ago, steamboats said:

If you´re only in transit at the airport you should be fine.

steamboats

Thanks🙂........that is what I would be........stopping in AMS to change planes. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, conman said:

It is Viking and the itinerary was Amsterdam to Basel on the Rhine. Now starting in Emmerich.

Well, I had the right idea of Vikings plans... Wesel is a bit further upstream from Emmerich. I did not know Emmerich, the first proper town on the Rhine in Germany past the border, had the facilities to accommodate large river cruise ships. Interesting.

All in all, I think the river cruise is not the real logistical problem, the air travel especially for those with their own land portion could be problematic.

Quite frankly, as much as there is to see in Germany, a river cruise without the Netherlands is not the same.

It may prompt people to consider cancelling. Will river cruise lines accommodate such wishes and give FCC's or money back? Who knows...

notamermaid

8 hours ago, steamboats said:

I read that Italy has put the US on the same list as UK - which means that you have to be fully vaccinated and provide a test.

For Germany there won´t be any change as US is on the high risk list since Aug 15th. Fully vaccinated travelers from the US only have to fill in the online form ahead of entering Germany (not sure if this is valid for river cruises too).

steamboats

I think it is very premature to say that Germany will not place additional restrictions similar to what the Dutch government has placed to visitors from "high risk" countries, including US.  If anything, if any additional restrictions were to be placed by the German government, those from the "high risk" would probably be affected more.

I'm not saying that this is going to happen, but I think it is a possibility.  I don't think anybody can really predict how this outbreak is going to unfold this fall/winter, or how different governments are going to react to it.

We were scheduled to fly out next Tuesday for a two day pre-excursion (through Viking) in Amsterdam before our Friday, September 10 Amsterdam-Basel cruise. We were notified that portion is canceled (we will be refunded). The flight was arranged through Viking, and now they have to change it so we go directly from the airport to the new docking location (Emmerich). Getting nervous about what they will do with our fight from the west coast as with the nine hour difference we would have to fly on Thursday. No info so far. What a mess! We knew it was a risk planning to travel this year and that we'd have to be flexible, but this is nerve racking. They also now require a test 48 hours before we travel instead of just the recommendation for 72 hours (I believe that is a Netherlands requirement), but until we know the flight plan, can't schedule it. 

@conman A real disappointment. I think I have found the location of the Viking landing stage in Emmerich. It is close to the church, i.e. not this one where the excursion boat docks: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/Emmerich_am_Rhein_-_Promenade_neu_mit_Rheinkönigin.jpg

I hope it all works out to your satisfaction, under the circumstances. If you have a bit of time to spare please drop us a line and tell us how it went getting there. Happy to hear from on board the ship as well of course.

Safe travels.

notamermaid

Some of these postings are concerning. We fly from USA on 9/19/21 with connection in Frankfurt and then on to Basel for our Avalon River Cruise. Basel to Amsterdam with 2 pre-cruise nights in Basel. I checked the Sherpa link from the Avalon booking site which showed no Covid testing needed to be done for our arrival into Basel or for our transit connecting flight thru Frankfurt as long as we stay in the International terminal and don't exit terminal. We have our CDC Cards showing our vaccinations. Our cruise ends in Amsterdam and we are booked to fly out of Schipol back to USA on morning of our disembarkation, 10/4. Sure hoping we did not have to quarantine in Amsterdam as we would miss our return flight home. Avalon is providing the Covid testing prior to disembarkation for our return to USA.

If anyone knows of any different requirements or changes that I am not currently aware of, please post as I will be following this. Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Roz said:

@BPCruiser, if you're not going to be in the airport more than 12 hours, I don't think you'll have a problem in Amsterdam, but things seem to be changing by the hour so stay tuned.

No, in fact we need to disembark early that morning so as to taxi to Schipol for our 11A flight from Amsterdam. We once again connect in Frankfurt and then back here to USA. We have been to Amsterdam previously, can you refresh my memory on how long the Taxi drive is from where we will likely disembark to get to the airport?

Assuming you disembark near Centraal Station, it's about 10.5 miles or half an hour drive.  If it's a weekday, you'll be going the opposite direction of rush hour traffic.

• Thanks 1

@Psoquethis update was posted on Crystal website yesterday.  In other words, stay tuned but have patience!

https://www.crystalcruises.com/advisory-alerts

Crystal Debussy Itineraries & Changes To Dutch Entry Requirements

• Issued: Friday, September 3, 2020 5:00pm EST

Statement Re: Crystal Debussy Sailings and Updated Entry Requirements for The Netherlands

Today, the Netherlands updated its entry requirements with more restrictive regulations for residents of select countries, including the United States, beginning September 4. 

This week, Crystal Debussy will sail a slightly modified itinerary by departing the Netherlands earlier than scheduled so that our guests can stay in compliance with the restrictions.  

We are Further evaluating the entry rules to determine how the new restrictions might affect our upcoming departures beginning on September 13 and beyond.  We will notify guests, in chronological order, with any updates that may arise as we determine the best course of action to enable our guests to enjoy their vacation.  

As our call volume is high at present, we kindly ask for your patience for our updates.

2 hours ago, BPCruiser said:

Some of these postings are concerning. We fly from USA on 9/19/21 with connection in Frankfurt and then on to Basel for our Avalon River Cruise. Basel to Amsterdam with 2 pre-cruise nights in Basel. I checked the Sherpa link from the Avalon booking site which showed no Covid testing needed to be done for our arrival into Basel or for our transit connecting flight thru Frankfurt as long as we stay in the International terminal and don't exit terminal. We have our CDC Cards showing our vaccinations. Our cruise ends in Amsterdam and we are booked to fly out of Schipol back to USA on morning of our disembarkation, 10/4. Sure hoping we did not have to quarantine in Amsterdam as we would miss our return flight home. Avalon is providing the Covid testing prior to disembarkation for our return to USA.

If anyone knows of any different requirements or changes that I am not currently aware of, please post as I will be following this. Thanks!

We're booked for about the exact same itinerary, except 1 week earlier, and on Scenic instead.

Arriving in Zurich 2 days early, then after ending in Amsterdam, we're heading to Belgium for a few days before flying home from AMS.  No word yet, but guessing we will be spending less time in the Netherlands and heading directly to the airport when its time to head home. 

On 9/3/2021 at 4:16 PM, KathyK13 said:

Correction, US travelers are required to leave the country within 12 hours of arrival!  I hope cruise lines are notifying cruisers immediately; we usually arrive in the embarkation location at least 2 days ahead of time to allow for us to get over jet lag and do some touring on our own before the cruise.  Not sure what we would do in this case, maybe take the train to Belgium and then come back?

Does this only apply to those arriving from the US?

Right now, we are scheduled to get off the boat in Amsterdam, will be travelling directly to Belgium, then returning the night before our flight back to the US.

We are planning to sleep at the Schiphol airport Hilton the night before we fly home.  Is there a limited number of hours we can spend in the Netherlands if we are flying out of AMS?

28 minutes ago, mapsd said:

We're booked for about the exact same itinerary, except 1 week earlier, and on Scenic instead.

Arriving in Zurich 2 days early, then after ending in Amsterdam, we're heading to Belgium for a few days before flying home from AMS.  No word yet, but guessing we will be spending less time in the Netherlands and heading directly to the airport when its time to head home. 

Our plan is to take the provided transportation from the dock to the airport, but boarding a train for Belgium instead of flying home right away.

38 minutes ago, mapsd said:

You may be ok, you’ll have been outside of the US 10 days prior to arriving in the Netherlands……

• Like 1

I'm on an Oct 31 Amsterdam Basel on Uniworld, planned to arrive Oct 29, booked flights through Uniworld. I messaged them the other day and they just said they are changing the itinerary,  not sure if they'll do the extra stop in Germany or something different.  I canceled my hotels already. I am not optimithat this will go forward,  although I guess things could change by then. I just didn't like how virtually no notice was given of this change.

49 minutes ago, conman said:

Considering this new restriction just happened in the Netherlands I would say you have had plenty of notice.  You could have been on a trip just 10 days away like me when you got notified.

Or like us when this whole thing started March 2020 - we were scheduled for a Tulip cruise in April (3 weeks away).  At the time we were told we could (had to) move our reservation to any other trip in 2020.  Yeah, well that wouldn't work since the original trip was for tulips.  We moved it to a land trip in Ireland that Oct.  

Then, because things didn't get better and we found out that that Vantage was allowing people to move their trips to any trip in 2020 OR 2021, we asked to be moved to the April 2021 tulip cruise.  

And, of course, that didn't happen, so now we're scheduled for Mar 2022.

If the same precautions are in place by the time we actually take this trip, we won't be able to do it.  The first 4 days of our cruise are in the Netherlands, so we won't be out of there in 12 hours, and we can't arrive 10 days early to quarantine before the trip.

At this point I just want my money back.  They've had it long enough.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Psoque said:

I think it is very premature to say that Germany will not place additional restrictions similar to what the Dutch government has placed to visitors from "high risk" countries, including US.  If anything, if any additional restrictions were to be placed by the German government, those from the "high risk" would probably be affected more.

I'm not saying that this is going to happen, but I think it is a possibility.  I don't think anybody can really predict how this outbreak is going to unfold this fall/winter, or how different governments are going to react to it.

So far we only have two categories - high risk country and virus variant country. Delta has spread all over so we currently have no country in the virus variant list. We only have high risk countries. And the there are no different rules for any of the high risk countries. So unless we change our whole system over here (and we recently did) there won´t be any change regarding the US. The Dutch or Italians have more categories with different regulations for each category. We used to have three categories and now we have only two. The Netherlands differ between Non-Schengen and Schengen countries and then have high risk and very high risk countries.

And actually we do have federal elections in three weeks. The old government is too busy with the elections. And until a new government will get into action...

steamboats

11 hours ago, conman said:

Considering this new restriction just happened in the Netherlands I would say you have had plenty of notice.  You could have been on a trip just 10 days away like me when you got notified.

I meant notice to the world, like people who has trips within days would have had virtually no notice.  I realize I have a lot of time before my trip. 

1 minute ago, CRK9313 said:

I meant notice to the world, like people who has trips within days would have had virtually no notice.  I realize I have a lot of time before my trip. 

And I just went through a lot of this--we did the first RC cruise out of Cyprus in July and requirements/testing/flights changed constantly just before and during our trip. I was just hoping for an easier time of it with this one. 

15 minutes ago, CRK9313 said:

And I just went through a lot of this--we did the first RC cruise out of Cyprus in July and requirements/testing/flights changed constantly just before and during our trip. I was just hoping for an easier time of it with this one. 

I feel you......I sailed out of Athens in July and all they needed was my vaxx card. No test was required.

I am going through the testing this trip and  want to make sure I have it taken on the correct date for results to come back on time for my flight out.

11 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I feel you......I sailed out of Athens in July and all they needed was my vaxx card. No test was required.

I am going through the testing this trip and  want to make sure I have it taken on the correct date for results to come back on time for my flight out.

I spent hours trying to verify the type of test that we could use--we booked our flights through RC and they had us fly through the UK, which meant a second set of flight passes, etc.  Finally after contacting Abbott Labs, UK, Heathrow, British Airways, and American Airways, and through lots of anecdotal evidence on reddit, we verified that the Walgreens ID now rapid test qualified so we used that for Verifly and it all worked out (until flights were canceled, etc).   We had been concerned about PCRs because we flew out on July 5 and feared there would be a delay due to the holiday. We had a great trip but it was utterly exhausting keeping up with all that.  This one was supposed to be so nice and easy, but nothing in travel is easy these days.  And we'll have the same timing issue for our 12/26 cruise since I am not sure how quickly we can get PCR back over Christmas. Hoping the rapid test will suffice for that, but who knows at this point.  I'm not worrying about that yet since it is so far off.   I don't mind itinerary changes to this river cruise (although I am disappointed) as long as the logistics would work with flights etc.