Covid testing (Day 2) at Heathrow

jff50

I am arriving at Heathrow on Sept 27th before a Princess Cruise on Sept 30th.  I am on Delta Airlines, which is located in Terminal 2.  I am fully vaccinated in the USA (Moderna), so I only have to do the day 2 test.  I am looking at scheduling the test in the Heathrow Terminal 2 Arrivals area.  If my flight is due in at 7:05 AM, what would you suggest as a good time to schedule the test?

20 hours ago, jff50 said:

I am arriving at Heathrow on Sept 27th before a Princess Cruise on Sept 30th.  I am on Delta Airlines, which is located in Terminal 2.  I am fully vaccinated in the USA (Moderna), so I only have to do the day 2 test.  I am looking at scheduling the test in the Heathrow Terminal 2 Arrivals area.  If my flight is due in at 7:05 AM, what would you suggest as a good time to schedule the test?

Sorry, you are wrong. Even though you are vaccinated,  you still have to take a test within three days prior to leaving the USA .

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

Edited by wowzz

I know that I have have to take the test before I leave the US.  But I also have to take the Day 2 test in England.  That is the one that I was hoping to take at Heathrow.  Any thoughts on when to schedule it, given a flight that is due in at 7:05.  The testing is in the arrivals area--I assume its before passport control/customs.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/4/2021 at 10:01 AM, jff50 said:

I know that I have have to take the test before I leave the US.  But I also have to take the Day 2 test in England.  That is the one that I was hoping to take at Heathrow.  Any thoughts on when to schedule it, given a flight that is due in at 7:05.  The testing is in the arrivals area--I assume its before passport control/customs.

Will you report back as we will be doing this trip in March. 
how much are they charging? 

• 1 month later...
On 9/4/2021 at 10:01 AM, jff50 said:

How did this go?

my arrival isn’t until Mary 28/22 so I hope it isn’t required by then. 

• 3 weeks later...

Question:  if day 2 test is positive, then a PCR test is required. Who do you contact in the UK to notify them you have to isolate. They will not want anyone testing positive to show up at Princess cruise terminal who has had a positive test 2-4 days prior to embarkation. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2021 at 3:27 AM, dog said:

NEW —-pre departure Covid tests re instated 48 hours when flying to UK 

just saw this on BBC & other UK news websites 

I hope someone posts back on here after flying in before a cruise.  I was hoping to take the required test the day I depart home flying in only a day before sailing.  With the current requirements flying in the day before isn’t possible.  I don’t sail till mid August so fingers crossed 🤞 this will no longer be required.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2021 at 4:12 PM, MsDolly said:

I hope someone posts back on here after flying in before a cruise.  I was hoping to take the required test the day I depart home flying in only a day before sailing.  With the current requirements flying in the day before isn’t possible.  I don’t sail till mid August so fingers crossed 🤞 this will no longer be required.

Yes, it is changing frequently. If we have to self isolate after arrival test I will try & get day 2 test at LHR right after I arrive 

Following! I am taking a Carnival cruise mid August, 2022 and flying to LHR from LAX. I know the protocols are changing frequently, so I'm curious about all the mandatory tests prior to leaving the US, immediately after arriving at LHR and then once again before flying back to the States...there are a LOT of details to stay informed on....would love to hear others' experience...

• Like 1

So far, I understand that we have to fill in a locator form for UK arrival , book a Day 2 test, have a pre departure Covid test before flight to uK 

air Canada has a hub that outlines what/ when to do these things. It keeps updated as requirements change 

Princess has been testing at pier for embarkation and at end of cruise