COVID-19 Testing Locations and Prices in Canada

ilovetotravel1977

10 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

Spotted today - Costco is now doing Covid testing (this is from Nepean, Ontario location)  I'll try to attach the photo - $16.99, Rapid Antigen Test. 

IMG_0169.jpeg

Great price! Hopefully our east end store is offering it too now.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

Spotted today - Costco is now doing Covid testing (this is from Nepean, Ontario location)  I'll try to attach the photo - $16.99, Rapid Antigen Test. 

IMG_0169.jpeg

That's awesome! I hope pharmacies in British Columbia are able to start offering the rapid antigen tests at these prices soon. The difference in prices and availability between the provinces is so frustrating.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Josie201 said:

IMG_0169.jpeg

That is awesome!

I have been seeing so many signs outside Shoppers Drug Mart advertising the $40 antigen test. Glad there is some competition.

On 9/26/2021 at 10:22 PM, 3bouysandmom said:

shoppers drug mart offers the Rapid Antigen test for $40.  This will get you through US customs and is an accepted test for Carnival.  The only clincher is that the cruise line has changed the test time to 48 hrs which puts a long of pressure to get to the port.  But we have figured out a way for this to work.  

Coming home to Canada is far more costly.  The rapid PCR tests are available but in the $225 - $250 range.  They are done at the airports, MCO, MIA, BUF ( These I know for certain.)  

We are hoping to drive to Orlando Dec.31st for our Jan 2cruise.  If we have the test done on Friday, it will be acceptable for the Sunday check in.  

Let's just hope the land border opens up. 

Ft. Lauderdale airport has PCR testing for $159 USD per person with results in 45 mins - that's the cheapest I've seen for FLL. In Miami there is a mobile place called Fast Labs with several locations (well, I guess they are parked at several locations as they operate out of a bus) and they advertise PCR tests for $200 USD or fast PCR for $175 - I have no idea what the difference is as the description for both tests is exactly the same! https://fastlabsmed.com/

• Like 1

I am aware how quickly things change, but I want to make sure that I understand what is going on now. 

1. To get aboard a flight from Canada to USA, I require an antigen test ( $ 40 at SDM, cheaper at Costco) within  3 days of flight.

2. To return to Canada, I need a PCR or NAAT test within 3 days before boarding flight. I must also complete an Arrive Canada ap.

These guidelines will likely  have changed by October. If /when land  border re-opens, then new guidelines will apply overland as well. 

Is my understanding correct as of now, or is there something not right?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gubby said:

I am aware how quickly things change, but I want to make sure that I understand what is going on now. 

1. To get aboard a flight from Canada to USA, I require an antigen test ( $ 40 at SDM, cheaper at Costco) within  3 days of flight.

2. To return to Canada, I need a PCR or NAAT test within 3 days before boarding flight. I must also complete an Arrive Canada ap.

These guidelines will likely  have changed by October. If /when land  border re-opens, then new guidelines will apply overland as well. 

That's pretty much it. There are several other tests acceptable for return to Canada, but you are far more likely to find a location for PCR or NAAT testing,

Bear in mind that, come November, the rules will change for flying into the US and you will need to provide proof of vaccination as well as a negative antigen test. As things currently stand, that includes FDA and WHO approved vaccinations but excludes AstraZeneca-mNDA mixes. On going negotiations with the US may or may not be successful in expanding the CDC's list to include mixes approved here and elsewhere.

Land crossing changes remain to be seen. I suspect that if they decide to open up in October, they'll have the same requirements as for flying in. However, I don't have a positive feeling about the chances of them opening just yet.

• Like 1

Don’t forget if you are going on a cruise out of the US rapid antigen  tests need to be 2 days not 3 days .

« Ft. Lauderdale airport has PCR testing for $159 USD per person with results in 45 mins - that's the cheapest I've seen for FLL. In Miami there is a mobile place called Fast Labs with several locations (well, I guess they are parked at several locations as they operate out of a bus) and they advertise PCR tests for $200USD or fast PCR for $175 - I have no idea what the difference is as thedescription for both tests is exactly the same! https://fastlabsmed.com/« 

Where did you get the info about the PCR test at Fort Lauderdale airport? I couldn’t find it and Air Canada couldn’t confirm it. Miami airport has a lab at the domestic departures terminal and they do the Rapid PCR test .results in 1 hour 

6 hours ago, gubby said:

You are correct. Fill out the ArriveCAN app before you go to the airport for your return flight. We just flew home from Seattle yesterday and had to show our ArriveCAN "receipt" (the confirmation code you get once you've entered everything correctly) at the Air Canada check in counter. 

3 hours ago, BarbaraGligoric said:

Where did you get the info about the PCR test at Fort Lauderdale airport? I couldn’t find it and Air Canada couldn’t confirm it. Miami airport has a lab at the domestic departures terminal and they do the Rapid PCR test .results in 1 hour 

https://testing.nomihealth.com/easy_registration/34/onsite

There's a chat feature on the site so I used that to confirm that they provide testing to Canadians. You just reserve your appointment on the site and then pay when you get there. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 7:06 PM, Ginnyfyr said:

There's a chat feature on the site so I used that to confirm that they provide testing to Canadians. You just reserve your appointment on the site and then pay when you get there. 

Thank you so much for posting that information, I was afraid we were going to have to reschedule our flights to accommodate the testing if still required.  She did say we would have to provide our flight information but that testing on arrival from Canada is doable.  They also take appointments until 8 PM so as long as our flight is on time (6 PM or so)  we should be able to get it done when we get there.

Such a relief!

Edited by Sprocket

On 9/28/2021 at 7:06 PM, Ginnyfyr said:

Did you happen to see the cost of the test?  I looked on the website and couldn't find it.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

I just asked on the chat $99 for PCR and $69 for Antigen.  

Awesome we paid $200+tax for the PCR test at SDM.  $69 is totally worth it to me and now we get a free day in Fort Lauderdale, we've always gone the day before and never got a chance to see anything.

On 9/27/2021 at 11:45 AM, Josie201 said:

IMG_0169.jpeg

Follow up to my earlier post.  This sign was at the Barrhaven store but apparently this is a pilot program only currently offered at some locations (Gloucester in Ottawa). They said it will be rolled out further as test kits arrive.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Awesome we paid $200+tax for the PCR test at SDM.  $69 is totally worth it to me and now we get a free day in Fort Lauderdale, we've always gone the day before and never got a chance to see anything.

Not sure what your plans are but you need a test before you fly into the US.  

2 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

Not sure what your plans are but you need a test before you fly into the US.  

Had to do all that before our Alaska cruise, and Princess tested us onboard before we flew home.  We'll get tested the day before our flight which leaves Vancouver around 6 AM  no time to test on the day we fly out.  So getting the arrival test at FLL is a huge help to us and others IF Princess won't test us at the pier before we board.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sprocket said:

Had to do all that before our Alaska cruise, and Princess tested us onboard before we flew home.  We'll get tested the day before our flight which leaves Vancouver around 6 AM  no time to test on the day we fly out.  So getting the arrival test at FLL is a huge help to us and others IF Princess won't test us at the pier before we board.

You will just want to check that they will test arriving passengers, not just departing passengers.  There’s sure a lot to track and it changes constantly.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Josie201 said:

I just asked on the chat $99 for PCR and $69 for Antigen.  

Note that it's $99 for the 24 hour PCR but $159 for the one with results in under an hour. That's the pricing I confirmed in chat with them last week. The rep also told me that tests are FREE at all Nomi Health locations except for the airports, which is awesome. We're boarding a Carnival cruise 2 days after we disembark a Virgin cruise so we'll hit up the Nomi location right on Dodge Island for free antigen tests which will get us on the Carnival cruise, then we'll pay the $159 US each at the FLL airport for PCR tests to get us home.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 1:19 PM, gubby said:

it's within 3 days going to US and 72 hours of your flight coming back very fine distinctions between the two.  

We have booked our Antigen tests on Thanksgiving Monday at Shoppers. We fly to Rome Monday night and get on our cruise out of Rome on Thursday afternoon. Backtracking 72 hours from cruise departure time puts us at 11:00am Monday. Our Antigen tests are booked for 1:00pm so that should be sufficient to get us into Italy and to meet NCL's requirement as well. 

• Like 1

Got our antigen tests done this morning in Vancouver at the Go Rapid Test drive-through site at Plaza of Nations downtown. Easy process, the staff were great at confirming that we were getting the right test at the right time for US travel, double-checked our passports and DOB so that the results would have the correct information. Spent about 30 minutes on site (3 cars ahead of us when we arrived). Cost was $118CDN per person (and that was with $25 off using an Air Canada discount code).

A short email with our (negative) results was received within 30 minutes, and the official results came as a PDF another 3 hours later (with all of the required info for travel).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OrcaGirl said:

Got our antigen tests done this morning in Vancouver at the Go Rapid Test drive-through site at Plaza of Nations downtown. Easy process, the staff were great at confirming that we were getting the right test at the right time for US travel, double-checked our passports and DOB so that the results would have the correct information. Spent about 30 minutes on site (3 cars ahead of us when we arrived). Cost was $118CDN per person (and that was with $25 off using an Air Canada discount code).

A short email with our (negative) results was received within 30 minutes, and the official results came as a PDF another 3 hours later (with all of the required info for travel).

More expensive than many for an antigen test, but I'm impressed with the care they took making sure that you had the right test and checking your passports to ensure that all the information was correct. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

More expensive than many for an antigen test, but I'm impressed with the care they took making sure that you had the right test and checking your passports to ensure that all the information was correct. 

Yes, in BC the COVID testing for travel purposes is way more expensive than in Alberta or Ontario. PCR tests are at least $200+ here.

For antigen testing, there were a few locations in Vancouver and near the airport in Richmond that were maybe $10-$15 cheaper per person, but the Plaza of Nations location was more conveniently located for us.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! I usually lurk over here and don't post often. I came across this post listing prices for antigen tests in BC. I thought I would share in case it might help someone. I hope I'm not breaking rules posting this link.

https://www.yvrdeals.com/antigen-and-pcr-testing-in-bc

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, new_cruzer said:

Hi all! I usually lurk over here and don't post often. I came across this post listing prices for antigen tests in BC. I thought I would share in case it might help someone. I hope I'm not breaking rules posting this link.

https://www.yvrdeals.com/antigen-and-pcr-testing-in-bc

Thank you, that's a very helpful link. And absolutely appropriate for CC, so don't hesitate to post more often. 

• Like 2