Pre-Cruise hotel, Splendor, Miami February 3, 2022

MomC

Just wondering if anyone knows what pre-Cruise hotel Regent will use for those of us qualifying for a “free” pre-Cruise hotel stay.  We want to add a night to that stay and want to see where it is.

Thanks,

Mom C

We have heard via our TA that it will be the Conrad Miami, although did not get this directly from our TA, but from one of the people in our group said she got it from our TA.  To be honest, I checked it out and am not overly impressed/

Edited by ridolphi

Well only one couple in our group actually get the free night, the rest of us are just booking one night on our own so we can all hang out together.  The Mandarin or Ritz Carlton would definitely be more to our liking for sure.  Oh well it's only one night.  Maybe it will change before then.

I'm also on the Jan 3 Explorer and noticed the hotel is the Ritz Carlton Key Biscayne. I checked the least expensive rate for one night on Jan 2 and it was over $1200 with tax but without breakfast. I think the Regent credit if we declined the pre-cruise hotel was $300. 

For the February 21th cruise out of Miami, the hotel will be the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. Was hoping for the RItz Carlton but oh well.  At least it appears to be close to the airport and the cruise terminal...

Edited by rkaratsu

This is a little off topic but many are discussing Caribbean cruises.  We are going to Antigua (land based) over the winter.   Antigua is changing its entry requirements on October 1 to people have to have a RT-PCR test (by a medical professional) 4 days prior to arrival from 7 days.  Many Caribbean Islands now have similar 3-4 day windows for RT-PCR tests.

is Regent going to give everyone RT-PCR tests a couple times a week so people can get off at these islands?

It is interesting to read the boards from the lines that are sailing in the Caribbean. Itineraries and requirements are changing with nearly every sailing. Ports are being swapped, whether masking is required, ship tours only (or not), on board testing pre-port, etc. I suspect that we are in for another several months of churn and changes on the cruise front.

One example is that I am on the Explorer January 3rd Panama Canal itinerary. Our first port is listed as Grand Cayman, but they have banned cruise ships until the end of January. So I'm expecting a port change. Won't surprise me if that is the only one, but that's fine. I want to see the Panama Canal, and if we don't see any other ports, and just sail around I would be ok. 🙂

• Like 1

We're on the February 3rd Splendor voyage. Yesterday our TA said our pre-cruise hotel hasn't been assigned yet. On our last voyage from Miami in 2019,  Regent assigned us a lovely room at the Four Seasons. We'd be very happy to spend some time there again.

If you need to book your own room check out the Intercontinental Hotel. Great location and a short ride over to the port . Great Italian restaurant next door right on the bay. You can see the port from the hotel.

We are staying there before our cruise in February.

11 hours ago, mrstanley said:

If you need to book your own room check out the Intercontinental Hotel. Great location and a short ride over to the port . Great Italian restaurant next door right on the bay. You can see the port from the hotel.

We are staying there before our cruise in February.

We also took the credit for hotel and air.

Used miles for 1st class air to Miami and booked 2 nights at the Intercontinental.  Glad to see your reference  as we have not stayed there before. Enough left over from credit for breakfast too. Please share the name of the restaurant.

We were on the last cruise through the Panama Canal on Splendor in 2020 and can't wait to board her again on February 3.

Sharon