Are you planning to book on Vista?

Robjame

19 minutes ago, tuxedo said:

extended balconys are great. are their cabins that have them on vista? 

As no one has yet travelled on Vista (she is not built yet) we are all guessing from the deckplans and similar deckplans on Marina and Riviera.

If you go to deck seven and look at 7000 - 7009, you will see a difference in the width of the balconies. 7008 and 7009 were always favourites of many of us as the cut away part allows you to look aft without a balcony beside you. 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2453999-riviera-cabin-7009-pictures-of-balcony/

This thread shows pictures of the idea of this. There are also Youtube videos which depict these staterooms.

(Please don't tell anyone else about this and avoid cruises that I am on)

These cabins are B3 on Marina and Riviera which made them bargains but Oceania has put more of a premium on them (A1 I think)

You can search other decks - some are now PH staterooms and some decks don't have them due to the architecture of the ship.

Edited by Robjame

20 minutes ago, tuxedo said:

want concierge class cabin (a1)

Remember all A cabins - A1, A2, A3, A4 - are identical with identical amenities. Location, location, location. eg. Don't pay for A1 if A3 is really in the location that you prefer.

On 9/19/2021 at 4:45 PM, pinotlover said:

Carol;

So what happens if next month’s release of cruises for six ships has a resounding response? I don’t believe their infrastructure could handle it! Things seemed to get fairly shaky last Wednesday. 

I always book through my person at Oceania. Then within 30 days I transfer the booking to my TA for additional perks. 

Edited by Carol From California

On 9/15/2021 at 6:21 AM, WNcruiser said:

Without starting a debate, no thank you. I was able to book the sailing I wanted and get the exact cabin I wanted in 5 minutes on my own. No lost sleep 🙂

I was surprised all categories were open and no website issues. I see they lowered the Olife credit to $300 though 😞

The OLife money credit varies depending on the cost of the cruise. I booked one that has $800, although we chose the excursions option instead.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 8:59 AM, slw207693 said:

Our TA tried to book us a PH2 mid ship  on the London to NY and then NY to Montreal and we ended up on deck 7 back of the ship.  She said their website froze, called Oceania and this is all they had left.  We have sailed 35 times with Oceania and  I assure you, there is pent up demand.  Look at what cabins are left on these sailings.   

Keep checking because cabins open up and you should be able to switch to a PH2....especially when final payment is due. 

SLW

Forget checking in on occasion, have your TA Waitlist you for any and all PH categories you desire. Also, since you are doing a B2B, it would be desirous to not have to swap rooms in NYC so this will also present a bit of a challenge but you should be able to luck out.  If you do have to swap rooms, your Butler’s will handle it for you. All hanging clothing clothing they move and you just pack the rest in your suitcase and they move it as well, easy peasy but still a bit of a nuisance with the unpacking. 
Being in back is no big deal, in fact our booking for Vista is in an  Extended Balcony PH so the Back it is. We have never had any real issues in a rear stateroom but there can be some up/down motion. 
Mauibabes

15 hours ago, Carol From California said:

The OLife money credit varies depending on the cost of the cruise. I booked one that has $800, although we chose the excursions option instead.

I think it's actually the length of the cruise, that determines the amount of OBC or number of excursions. In most instances(but not all) it would be the more costly ones. 

On 9/16/2021 at 9:16 AM, mauibabes said:

Ronrick1943,

IMHO, you are making a mistake.  I had a friend booked  in the morning yesterday in A-2 but wanted a PH, Waitlisted and by 5:00 p.m., picked up a cancellation and got his PH, right where he wanted it. HAPPY WIFE,HAPPY LIFE. 

There were bookings flying off the shelf yesterday and the majority was agents booking without deposits.  All those Options will come due on the 22nd and then the Waitlists will kick in on the 23rd.  Your TA can help make things happen.

We got ours yesterday so now we block the calendar in 2023 and await the sailing of Vista with friends. 
Mauibabes

Can’t agree, the suite we wanted is limited—We’ve cruised on Oceania more than an few times and also Regent many times both in a named suite——not to even get a call back or email—-but my TA got the information after hours on the phone.  We’d booked a nice 26 day cruise inn the suite we wanted on Silversea—-This is and lost for “O”—-when someone at “O”doesn’t  believe a e-mail or call back is warranted- that’s enough for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronrick1943 said:

We’d booked a nice 26 day cruise inn the suite we wanted on Silversea—-This is and lost for “O”—-when someone at “O”doesn’t  believe a e-mail or call back is warranted- that’s enough for me.

So you got what you really wanted - a reservation on Silversea. Congratulations.

However, every experienced Oceania cruiser said the same thing:

- tell an Oceania connected TA what you want a few days before the reservation date.  Those of us who did this got responses in a timely manner and were pleased with the results.

We knew it would be chaotic with all these new cruises for a new ship.

You chose to approach this reservation in a different manner and got a different result.

31 minutes ago, Robjame said:

So you got what you really wanted - a reservation on Silversea. Congratulations.

However, every experienced Oceania cruiser said the same thing:

- tell an Oceania connected TA what you want a few days before the reservation date.  Those of us who did this got responses in a timely manner and were pleased with the results.

We knew it would be chaotic with all these new cruises for a new ship.

You chose to approach this reservation in a different manner and got a different result.

Unfortunately my TA was gone for a day, so yes I called Oceania myself, gave all the information excluding my TA name and Oceania Club number.  My complaint is Oceania didn’t have the respect to call me back to let me know it wasn’t available (it’s know 1 week) and still no call.  If you call that customer service, it’s not to me.  One should expect a call back-didn’t even call my TA.   They book a lot of Oceania and Regent.  And yes I got what I want.

5 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Unfortunately my TA was gone for a day, so yes I called Oceania myself, gave all the information excluding my TA name and Oceania Club number. 

I am sure the top suites went very quickly

maybe you should have included your TA name & club number  you might have had different results  or not

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I am sure the top suites went very quickly

maybe you should have included your TA name & club number  you might have had different results  or not

No I didn’t give her all that information—It’s no a problem not getting what I wanted as much has it that they didn’t take the time to call or write.  My TA had to call them to find out I didn’t get the suite, actually she’s am miff at “O” also for they wayn they handled it.  But again it’s not my loss, it’s “O”s because they won’t be full all time down the road.

5 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

No I didn’t give her all that information—It’s no a problem not getting what I wanted as much has it that they didn’t take the time to call or write.  My TA had to call them to find out I didn’t get the suite, actually she’s am miff at “O” also for they wayn they handled it.  But again it’s not my loss, it’s “O”s because they won’t be full all time down the road.

Sorry I have no idea why it states I “didn’t” , I absolutely “DID” give her all the information needed regarding myself, numbers needed to know how much I cruise and what type of suite we always book.  Sorry….

Edited by ronrick1943

8 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

But again it’s not my loss, it’s “O”s because they won’t be full all time down the road.

Sorry to inform you that O won't miss you any more than they miss any one of us - it's a business, not a personal vendetta.

I believe you always book upper suites which are ALWAYS full - often before any other category.

10 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Sorry to inform you that O won't miss you any more than they miss any one of us - it's a business, not a personal vendetta.

I believe you always book upper suites which are ALWAYS full - often before any other category.

I agree with you 100%,  but it is all about money.  I believe in customer service, not that anyone is super special.  But companies need to to look at future sales—well I come back to “O”, sure if they have the right cruise I want—will I look at them first—no.  That said we’ve booked two cruises on Silversea this time, with us 3 other couples will be cruising within us.  I realize it’s not a personal vendetta—just poor customer service.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

companies need to to look at future sales

There were a couple of things I didn't understand from your accounts

14 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

I absolutely “DID” give her all the information needed regarding myself, numbers needed to know how much I cruise and what type of suite we always book

Whenever I phone Oceania, I am allocated a stateroom while on the phone. What happened?

19 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Unfortunately my TA was gone for a day,

I don't get an Oceania connected TA being MIA on what was the biggest Oceania sales day ever. If unavoidable, a colleague takes over in my experience.

Good TA's took the orders days ahead, submitted them to their Oceania reps who in turn submitted them for filling before the site even opened... at least that's how my travel agent did it in little bitty Canada. We had our response around noon.

Respectfully,  a miss by you or your TA.

• Like 3

Paulchili, Sorry but maybe I didn’t make my point very clear.  Had they called me back and said sorry but we can’t accommodate you in that suite—-I would have said OK, I’ll work with my TA to find me another cruise on “O”, maybe another one of the ships.  Instead I call my TA and told her what I wanted.  First she called ‘O”, talked to her sales representative for “O”.  Found out my name wasn’t on the list and he was surprised I didn’t get a call back.  My TA found a cruise I liked and we booked with Silversea.  Simple as that.  I also got am call from Silversea, thanking me for my booking and if I needed anything just call my TA or him direct.

4 minutes ago, Robjame said:

There were a couple of things I didn't understand from your accounts

Whenever I phone Oceania, I am allocated a stateroom while on the phone. What happened?

I don't get an Oceania connected TA being MIA on what was the biggest Oceania sales day ever. If unavoidable, a colleague takes over in my experience.

Good TA's took the orders days ahead, submitted them to their Oceania reps who in turn submitted them for filling before the site even opened... at least that's how my travel agent did it in little bitty Canada. We had our response around noon.

Respectfully,  a miss by you or your TA.

I called the day before booking opened, My TA does have a back up, however I called direct myself giving “O” the name of my TA and information to follow up.  I got the new brochure and liked what I saw—-the fact I didn’t get the suite I wanted (gave them 3 suite categories) isn’t them problem—it’s the follow-up.  Even my TA was surprised about the follow up and what she had to do to get the information.

5 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

I called the day before booking opened, My TA does have a back up, however I called direct myself giving “O” the name of my TA and information to follow up.  

Thanks - that explains a lot. I can see why you would be unhappy.

The horse has left the barn, but you may want to reread the first five posts on this this thread for future reference.

3 hours ago, Robjame said:

Not sure anyone knows but before anyone books the Diamond Members and the Presidents Club gets to pick their cabins..they have 1st choice always..

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz
  • Thanks 1