Inability to react to posts and more

Howdy all! emo22.gif

This thread has been moved to the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum where it will be on topic. Folks often forget this forum is here and post on other forums asking for help.  emo12.gif

Please note there are previous threads on this forum concerning various problems. Stated in the Posting & You! section of the Guidelines: "Browse a topic first to see if your question has already been asked or answered by someone else..." 

If you wonder if you are the only one experiencing a problem, check here first. Often CC Help Jenn has already addressed the matter. She Follows this forum & I just "help out" here & there. emo34.gif 

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Like 1

It has been on again . . . off again for me since my original post and clearing all cookies from my computer.

At least this hasn't copied my original post again (as it did yesterday) remains to be seen whether I can actually post.

Once again unable to react to the posts of others. Seems to have become the norm for me of late.

what a pain

I have to log out then log back in to post  a reply

it was fine yesterday & now back to the nonsense

Cleared cache & cookies  no change

Hope they find the problem or  get  a new IT person  soon

Looks like I may be able to post without including the whole of the thread, but I am again unable to react to the posts of others.

I have received an email from   help@cruisecritic.com   with a suggestion which may set me back on the right path without continual deviations. Fingers crossed!

Baynanno thank you so much for starting this thread.  I have been so persecuted by this inability to post a response that I have thought of quitting Cruise Critic completely.  But I am addicted to it so that is not possible.  I also have to log in EVERY time I leave this site.  Why do people have to fix what isn't broken?  The site was fine up to several days ago now it's a disaster.

• Like 1

Cleared cookies for CC site only and good so far.  I was going in and clearing all cookies and history before so this is much better.  Logging in and out only did not help.  Hopefully admins will resolve soon.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Worse than ever today!  i used to be able to go through the 5 step procedure to log in and I was able to post one post.  Now I am getting, "You do not have permission to access.  WHAT?  i wish they would get some competent people to fix this miserable site.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Worse than ever today!  i used to be able to go through the 5 step procedure to log in and I was able to post one post.  Now I am getting, "You do not have permission to access.  WHAT?  i wish they would get some competent people to fix this miserable site.

The message often results from an attempt to visit a removed thread or otherwise unavailable page. You might try entering boards.cruisecritic.com in your browser address field. This should take you to the main page for the board.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 1:44 AM, uktog said:

And cracked it for MacBook users

1. Select Preferences under the Safari menu.
  2. Select the Privacy tab.
  3. Select Manage Website Data.
  4. Choose the site that placed the cookies in your browser and select Remove.
  5. Select Done when you've deleted all the cookies from Safari.

How do you go to the Safari menu on a IPad?

Thanks!

Tom😀

2 hours ago, trbarton said:

How do you go to the Safari menu on a IPad?

Thanks!

Tom😀

It’s different on an ipad

go to settings icon on your Home Screen, tap settings

If you scroll down the list on the left hand side you will come to the safari icon, tap it …..

Do NOT click clear website data, it removes all saved preferences, scroll down to advanced

Then select Website data

It presents you a list of all sites, click edit, top right hand button find any with the name cruise critic. For each one, click delete 

hope this helps

29 minutes ago, uktog said:

It’s different on an ipad

go to settings icon on your Home Screen, tap settings

If you scroll down the list on the left hand side you will come to the safari icon, tap it …..

Do NOT click clear website data, it removes all saved preferences, scroll down to advanced

Then select Website data

It presents you a list of all sites, click edit, top right hand button find any with the name cruise critic. For each one, click delete 

hope this helps

Thanks. Nothing there the name Cruise Critic listed. 

Very Helpful. 

Tom😀👍