Live on Majestic Princess 09/05/2021`

Musky Ike

11 hours ago, mina said:

I had the same info with me, an email from princess customer services that I had prepaid.  They honored that. I also had my credit card receipts that princess emails to you.  You should be fine. 

Thanks.  I do not have any credit card receipts that princess emailed to me.  That is why I am concerned.  But I will go with what I have from the PVP and a copy of my credit card billing.  Thanks again.

20 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

If you have a res, it has been paid for.  You won't have a res pre-cruise without paying for it in some fashion.  Take a screenshot or take a copy of your Cruise Travel Summary from the Personalizer which will list your on-board purchases made prior to departure.

As per your posts after this one, you have discovered that nothing shows in my Cruise Travel Summary from the Personalizer for these restaurant prepaid reservations.  Yes, if a res us showing in the app, it is paid for but just concerned that it is not going to be enough.  I will take what I have and go with the flow.  Frankly, I have thought about cancelling them and seeing if I get a credit on my credit card and just re-making them closer to the cruise date and maybe by then, the "new" area that they are promising us to be able to put things in online like we use to, will be ready. Then I can re-make the reservations and take a screen shot or hopefully show in the travel summary like they use to.  Still contemplating that.  Don't want to screw up anything more than I already feel it is.  Thanks for your help anyway.  Any and all help is appreciated and you were one of the ones that was instrumental in helping me learn how to do the app in my new smartphone.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DavidsNana said:

As per your posts after this one, you have discovered that nothing shows in my Cruise Travel Summary from the Personalizer for these restaurant prepaid reservations.  Yes, if a res us showing in the app, it is paid for but just concerned that it is not going to be enough.  I will take what I have and go with the flow.  Frankly, I have thought about cancelling them and seeing if I get a credit on my credit card and just re-making them closer to the cruise date and maybe by then, the "new" area that they are promising us to be able to put things in online like we use to, will be ready. Then I can re-make the reservations and take a screen shot or hopefully show in the travel summary like they use to.  Still contemplating that.  Don't want to screw up anything more than I already feel it is.  Thanks for your help anyway.  Any and all help is appreciated and you were one of the ones that was instrumental in helping me learn how to do the app in my new smartphone.

We had 3 specialty restaurants reserved and paid for on our Alaska cruise last month.  There was no problem at all.  Just show up at the time you reserved and they will be expecting you.

• Like 2

I have never had a problem booking SD (usually Crown Grill) on embarkation for the night we want.  I am not sure what night(s) I would pick, but may make a res using App closer to the voyage just to have something down knowing I can change it. 

ETA:  I always feel like I want to book it on embarkation to get a choice, but it is nice to pick a night when little appeals on MDR menu.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 2

On 9/11/2021 at 7:10 PM, Trvlingal said:

Internet question.  If bought plan for 1 device, I know it is one device at a time.  But can I only use that inital device to access internet only for the entire cruise ?  In other words if I start working on my phone and later with phone turned off and I wish to use my ipad instead, is that okay?  Or must I use the SAME device the entire cruise?

2 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

Are they still doing Puppies in the Piazza or has Covid ruined that adorableness, too?

Indirect casualty - mushers with summer training camps in Alaska were unable to bring dogs up from the lower 48 because Canada's borders were closed.  There was a musher on in Skagway with an older dog that had run the Iditarod, but Puppies in the Piazza is out for this season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kamelia said:

Indirect casualty - mushers with summer training camps in Alaska were unable to bring dogs up from the lower 48 because Canada's borders were closed.  There was a musher on in Skagway with an older dog that had run the Iditarod, but Puppies in the Piazza is out for this season.

Thank you for the info! So he came on the ship? I will be happy to see any animals as I will be missing our cats at home, lol.

Edited by Ginnyfyr
I can't read
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

Thank you for the info! So he came on the ship? I will be happy to see any animals as I will be missing our cats at home, lol.

He did come on the ship, yes, and did a presentation in the Vista Lounge.  His name is Pete Lucchetti, but I cannot recall the sled dog's name.  She was very happy to interact with people, though. 

1 minute ago, kamelia said:

He did come on the ship, yes, and did a presentation in the Vista Lounge.  His name is Pete Lucchetti, but I cannot recall the sled dog's name.  She was very happy to interact with people, though. 

Awesome, thanks so much! We were on one time when Libby Riddles was speaking and her poor dog was super skittish. I felt bad for the pup. We don't have plans in Skagway as we've done the train several times and didn't care for any of the other excursions offered, so we'll be sure to catch his presentation. 

3 hours ago, kamelia said:

I wonder how they bring them up because commercial transportation is still ongoing.  Also, Americans were allowed to drive to/from Alaska through BC - but not to be touristing.

4 hours ago, Ginnyfyr said:

Here are a couple photos from our cruise on 8/29. The dogs name was Shadow and he is retired. He was a beautiful dog….very friendly and he gave us a lot of love when we went up before and after the talk to pet him. The dog and handler come on the ship and leave before it leaves the port so you have to get back on this ship early if you want to see the dog.8BC6CC08-2DB6-4983-9E70-925DB74335CD.thumb.jpeg.9579270ed1be2398aec5eecf18afd3f4.jpeg72C15DFB-9850-4E09-A6E4-9E2E0204304A.thumb.jpeg.c2dd22911966e425ce581774018e35eb.jpeg11E9BD6C-8AC1-4B65-9215-1EF71356A325.thumb.jpeg.e6f105cb5e471c5488eef9bf78e83005.jpeg

Edited by KLM3164
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I wonder how they bring them up because commercial transportation is still ongoing.  Also, Americans were allowed to drive to/from Alaska through BC - but not to be touristing.

As I understand it, in May, when the decisions were being made about relocating to summer camps, Canada's borders were closed except under special circumstances, which were evaluated on a case-by-case basis.  Several people with whom I spoke this summer talked about the difficulties of obtaining permission to drive from the lower 48 to Alaska through BC to be able to get to their seasonal jobs, and shared stories of friends and co-workers who were denied access when they arrived at the border.  Pete himself said during the presentation that they had been unable to bring puppies to the summer camp this year because Canada's borders had been closed, but he was at least able to bring Shadow (thanks @KLM3164 for reminding me of the name), who had been part of an Iditarod team.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KLM3164 said:

Here are a couple photos from our cruise on 8/29. The dogs name was Shadow and he is retired. He was a beautiful dog….very friendly and he gave us a lot of love when we went up before and after the talk to pet him. The dog and handler come on the ship and leave before it leaves the port so you have to get back on this ship early if you want to see the dog.8BC6CC08-2DB6-4983-9E70-925DB74335CD.thumb.jpeg.9579270ed1be2398aec5eecf18afd3f4.jpeg72C15DFB-9850-4E09-A6E4-9E2E0204304A.thumb.jpeg.c2dd22911966e425ce581774018e35eb.jpeg11E9BD6C-8AC1-4B65-9215-1EF71356A325.thumb.jpeg.e6f105cb5e471c5488eef9bf78e83005.jpeg

What a sweetheart! I hope we get to meet him!

On 9/15/2021 at 1:17 PM, BMyers60 said:

if anyone is interested in a daily trip report from this voyage I'll add the CC link here. be aware it's loooong. with photos at the end. happy sailing.

Just wondering: you said your mini suite had blocked vision due to the Sea Walk. What deck were you on and what room(if you don't mind answering) We are doing a sailing next year on the Royal and we are under the Sea Walk and it has me a bit concerned. Thanks

19 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I am getting the impression that some people are just carrying on using this old "Live From" for current or upcoming voyages instead of starting a new one?  Or am I wrong?

@Steelers36That appears to be the case.  It appears that no one from Sept. 12 started a Live From.

Thanks to @Purple Galinule there will be one for Sept 19.   It already has 20 posts.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2802469-live-majestic-princess-alaska-sailing-on-september-19-2021-from-seattle/

And thanks to @farsight there will be one for the Sept 26 which I will contribute to.

Edited by tplombardo
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 2:19 PM, Steelers36 said:

I am getting the impression that some people are just carrying on using this old "Live From" for current or upcoming voyages instead of starting a new one?  Or am I wrong?

Live From for Sept. 19 is here:

On 9/17/2021 at 9:29 PM, mtnlvr53 said:

Just wondering: you said your mini suite had blocked vision due to the Sea Walk. What deck were you on and what room(if you don't mind answering) We are doing a sailing next year on the Royal and we are under the Sea Walk and it has me a bit concerned. Thanks

I'm not the person you asked, but here is a picture of the view from our mini suite M326, deck 15. You can see how far the sea walk projects out from the balcony. (Sorry it's sideways, it shows up normal on both my phone and computer, but not here and I don't see a way to rotate it.) 20210906_125609.thumb.jpg.ae9c15c28f3b3b8dd0e923f947a6560b.jpg

The covering near us was much shorter, but it still definitely got in the way of our overall view, more than I thought it would. We did love being able to enjoy the space even when it was raining, but the majority of my photos have a tiny bit of "ceiling"in them. I think one deck down (14) away from the Sea Walk might be a great spot - you still get good protection from rain, but you aren't as close to the protrusion. 20210909_110715.thumb.jpg.501add4343dbbc33db606fb72648a0da.jpg

2 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

Does anyone know when the future cruise desk opens on embarkation day. We want to get another cruise booked. I also need to look at deck plans to find it’s location.

Thank you 

On my cruise last month, it was open noon until 3 and 4 until 7 on embarkation day.