Past Guest Credits?

Sibrena

What, if any, deals do you get for being a past cruiser on Carnival?

6/22 Fantasy
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2003;6;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

I just booked our 3rd cruise, and from what I've seen there's no discount, money wise. You are invited to a past cruiser party one evening. Free drinks and snacks. It was nice. I have heard thru cruisecritics that it's taken into consideration for ungrades, but I've not experienced that myself yet.

Ditto above, it may have help with the upgrade I got once. But, I may have gotten it anyways.

Melody

Paradise, 9-5-04
Holiday, 4-10-04
Inspiration, 11-30-03
Inspiration, 1-26-03
Victory,3-31-02
Sensation, 11-28-98
Holiday, 3-19-94

It's too bad Carnival doesn't do more for their past guests. We sail more with Royal Caribbean, in part, due to the fact we are Diamond members of their past guest program (and get all kinds of nice incentives).

With that said, Carnival does offer promotional sail dates now and then in their Currents magazine, special for past guests. The discounted rates are okay, but NOT great. On board the ship, you'll get an invitation to go to their past guest cocktail party. That's about it.

05 July 2004 Cruise Aboard Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas

21 November 2004 Cruise Aboard Carnival's Pride

20 February 2005 Cruise Critic Group Cruise Aboard Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas

drwestlake:

Do you know if the past cruiser cocktail party is only for cruises that are 7 days or more? We're going on our second 4 night cruise this coming Monday. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;10;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Fascination 5/12/03

I was just going to ask this question myself. I am also wondering if you book your next cruise on the ship do you get a cheaper rate? I think I read somewhere on the list that this is something that they do but I am just checking. This is our first cruise and we are already thinking of booking another one before we leave the ship.

Nancy
sailing Conquest 6/27/04

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fascination 5/10:
Do you know if the past cruiser cocktail party is only for cruises that are 7 days or more? We're going on our second 4 night cruise this coming Monday. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img][QUOTE]
___________________________________-

Past guest parties are held on FIVE night or longer cruises. Sorry.

Festivale 1987
Carnivale 1988
Mardi Gras 1989
Pacific Princess 1990
Norway 1994
Holiday 2001
Holiday 2002
Holiday 2003

WE are booked on the Glory next Jan and this will be our 7th cruise with CCL. We got the military rate for an 8A guarntee, which is lower than the special rate in the new Currents for past guest. They will not give us the best available upgrade which is also offered to the past guest. I don't think this is fair at all. They are saying that there are no upgrades available for this sailing at this time. That is bull as far as I'm concerned. All of the online websites and CCL website is showing lots of available cabins.

We were going to change to Princess for this cruise, but got a discount from CCl for problems on our last cruise and wanted to use it, but this is probably our last cruise with Carnival.

I have never received an upgrade thanks to my past guest status, even though we have logged in over 10 cruises with Carnival. I'm not saying it doesn't ever happen, but has never happened to us.

This November aboard the Pride, we decided to book an inside guarantee, which we reserved over a year ago. I'll be curious to see what type of cabin we eventually end up in, after all is said and done. I won't be holding my breath, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

But upgrades these days are hard to come by even on other lines. We are diamond members of Royal Caribbean's Crown and Anchor Society, and have yet to get a free upgrade thanks to our past guest status.

05 July 2004 Cruise Aboard Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas

21 November 2004 Cruise Aboard Carnival's Pride

20 February 2005 Cruise Critic Group Cruise Aboard Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas

I suggest dealing with a CCL repesentitive and not a TA of any sort.My GF has sailed 4 times and 1 once and we got a deal last year on Triumph.CAT 11 for a total just under $2,000.

Archived