Cabo and Puerto Valarta excursions ASAP

Gallivanting Souls

We sail this coming Saturday on Carnival Panorama. I am hoping that some of you who have returned in the past couple of weeks can help me out.

We have always booked our tours on our own and not through the ship. What's different, like many, we have a good chunk of OBC and I'm hoping to spend some of it on excursions. My problem, there are not many listed right now, and even if there were, I want to use OBC.

My question, does carnival offer more excursions once onboard?

If not, and you've been to Cabo or PVA these past couple of weeks, were there many tour operators at the pier offering tours? I wanted to to something like one of those off road side by side UTV's in Cabo and a sunset sail in PVA.

Looking forward to hearing some options!

Edited by familyoutdoors

For my February 2022 Panorama Cruise  I booked the Luxury Yacht and Snorkeling Excursion in Cabos,  with the Shore Excursion Group I booked Mazatlan City Tour and Lunch and in Puerto Vallarta I booked the Morning Local Traditions at a Private Villa and the Rhthyms Of The Night Excursion,

I booked everything online see if you can book any before they cut it off at midnight the day before.  If not make the Shore Excursion Desk the first place you go to upon boarding to see what is available.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

On 9/6/2021 at 5:38 PM, familyoutdoors said:

We sail this coming Saturday on Carnival Panorama. I am hoping that some of you who have returned in the past couple of weeks can help me out.

We have always booked our tours on our own and not through the ship. What's different, like many, we have a good chunk of OBC and I'm hoping to spend some of it on excursions. My problem, there are not many listed right now, and even if there were, I want to use OBC.

My question, does carnival offer more excursions once onboard?

If not, and you've been to Cabo or PVA these past couple of weeks, were there many tour operators at the pier offering tours? I wanted to to something like one of those off road side by side UTV's in Cabo and a sunset sail in PVA.

Looking forward to hearing some options!

I noticed on a cruise we took in July (in Greece on NCL) that the excursions through the ship kept changing. Some of that was because some sold out as we got closer. But some of it was they offered some new ones as we got closer to embarkation day (my hunch, they were able to confirm more operators were a go). That may not be your experience, since it’s a different cruise line and they have been sailing there already (ours was the first NCL sailing since the pandemic, so that might make a difference). But thought I’d throw it out there. 

You may not be aware that Puerto Vallarta recently (about 2 weeks ago) suffered some tremendous damage from Hurricane Nora.   This has likely impacted some of the excursions, especially those to places south of town that involve anything near the Rio Cujale.   Many of the excursions offered by cruise ships are actually handled by Vallarta Adventures (a major tour company in PV) and it is doubtful they are going to be adding tours at the last minute.   DIY options will still exist, but this does not help with your onboard credit.

Hank