Australian vaccine passports.

2 hours ago, Porky55 said:

But you were replying to my post

Where you seemed to think there was some link between the Ruby Princess covid debacle and the Victorian government, because "numbers".

The original point still stands, why would the Federal government open up cruising and risk reminding people about their Ruby incompetence just before an election?

15 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

So, where are we at the moment with vaccine passports?

No where......by the time the dangling carrot is reached....

the goal posts will have been moved   or it will be not needed.....

About to pack up shop and go in groundhog day mode...

and have just cancelled our tassie trip   and will not be rebooking anything

as do not want anymore disappointments...

Bit early for a G&T..... Don 

33 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

About to pack up shop and go in groundhog day mode...

and have just cancelled our tassie trip   and will not be rebooking anything

as do not want anymore disappointments...

Bit early for a G&T..... Don 

Never too early for G&T in Melbourne Don.

Beginning to think I may take it up after all the Queen Mum drank it daily and lived till 102.  Always wondered what it tastes like.

Tassie is over 15 km away and we can't go that far until we reach 80% double vax.

Been out for my morning walk and sat on the street bench drinking my ta coffee in the freezing cold.  Got to support my local cafe but am likely to get pneumonia before I am allowed back inside again whenever that may be.

Could go for a picnic with .....(all my friends live more than 10km away) ...but already been caught in two hailstorms so far today.

So another 5 or 6 weeks of groundhog days for Melbournians at least before any changes.  My brain is quite numb from the whole thing.

Keep your chin up Don.  Know exactly how you are feeling.

Hi 

after all my cruises being cancelled including next April by Celebrity I think I have just done a crazy thing over the weekend!  

booked a P & O cruise from Melbourne to Tassie over Christmas because it was only a $95 deposit each.

probably really silly but it just gives me hope.   God that sounds bad.

four weeks till I can get to the hairdressers in Melbourne.

at least my husband can play golf next week according to Dan the Man, thank goodness.

eileen

19 minutes ago, Cruisers47 said:

Hi 

after all my cruises being cancelled including next April by Celebrity I think I have just done a crazy thing over the weekend!  

booked a P & O cruise from Melbourne to Tassie over Christmas because it was only a $95 deposit each.

at least my husband can play golf next week according to Dan the Man, thank goodness.

eileen

Good on you! We booked a Christmas/NY Princess cruise at the beginning of last month as we had FCCs we could use. We just got a final payment reminder yesterday. Final payment is just over two weeks away however I'm not going to pay it unless I'm certain the cruise will go ahead.

I'm hoping I'll be able get to a hairdresser in a few weeks. At the moment I look like a cross between an old English sheepdog and Boris Johnson!🤣

At the moment we're sitting in the Lane Cove National Park having had a nice picnic lunch, conversed with two brush turkeys and a magpie (they didn't say much), got questioned by a crow, and listened to a couple of cockatoos swearing at each other. 🤣🤣🤣 Picnics are one of the few ways we can go out as a couple at the moment.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Cruisers47 said:

Good on you.   

have you had as many wife’s as Boris!!!   Or is it just birdies you like.

sorry my jokes are not very good.

eileen

No, no wives, just a husband.

We were suprised at how friendly the loc asl wildlife was at the park. I think they've missed having people visit.

1 hour ago, Cruisers47 said:

Hi 

eileen

Don't worry I just keep moving deposits every time a cruise cancelled. Actually thinking I might try to book a cruise last minute once we get go ahead. 

Close to 16 weeks without haircut.

Sorry I thought being like Boris …better not try anymore faux pas.

I think if anybody tries to book at the last minute there may be an enormous rush, although I don’t think there will be Christmas cruises.

there will be an election early next year and as somebody said….Ruby Princess

eileen

4 minutes ago, Cruisers47 said:

Sorry I thought being like Boris …better not try anymore faux pas.

I think if anybody tries to book at the last minute there may be an enormous rush, although I don’t think there will be Christmas cruises.

there will be an election early next year and as somebody said….Ruby Princess

eileen

Ha Ha. I thought election was late this year,  but due to lock down I could be confused.

I don't think some of family would appreciate our cruising over Christmas.

1 minute ago, kate59 said:

Don't worry I just keep moving deposits every time a cruise cancelled. Actually thinking I might try to book a cruise last minute once we get go ahead. 

Close to 16 weeks without haircut.

We were lucky, we had our haircuts just before the lockdown started so just over 12 weeks for us. But my hair grows very quickly unfortunately.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

We were lucky, we had our haircuts just before the lockdown started so just over 12 weeks for us. But my hair grows very quickly unfortunately.

We should put our hair pics on here. Lucky I had a No.2 clipper cut, day before we got locked down, about 3 weeks ago.

19 hours ago, kate59 said:

Ha Ha. I thought election was late this year,  but due to lock down I could be confused.

I don't think some of family would appreciate our cruising over Christmas.

Election could be late this year or early next year. I guess it depends how many people are dying from covid at the time!

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

We should put our hair pics on here. Lucky I had a No.2 clipper cut, day before we got locked down, about 3 weeks ago.

you did well mate. I was just about due for a haircut when the lockdown hit here in June. I won't need a haircut soon, more like a shear 🙂 

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, mr walker said:

you did well mate. I was just about due for a haircut when the lockdown hit here in June. I won't need a haircut soon, more like a shear 🙂 

I reckon the stores will have run out of hair clippers by now. I ordered an air fryer 3 weeks ago from K Mart, it arrived today, such is life.

8 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I reckon the stores will have run out of hair clippers by now. I ordered an air fryer 3 weeks ago from K Mart, it arrived today, such is life.

Just put a shoulder of lamb in my air fryer,  cooking it low and slow.

Have fun with yours.

Cheers Carole

• Like 1