Windsurf Cabin

IpswichChris

Considering reserving one of the suites on Deck 3 of the Windsurf...they are basically below either the Lounge or the Yacht Club Cafe.  This is our first cruise and for the price we would pay for one of these suites, want to make sure there won't be early morning or late evening noise from either the Lounge or the Cafe.  Would love input from experienced Windstar cruisers!

Yes, I did look at that thread, but it does not include any of the suites (300 series).  I'm guessing that since all these suites are on this deck and beneath these venues, there isn't  significant noise, but want to make sure.

Also wondering if there's a significant difference between bathroom sizes for these suites and the TX staterooms. My husband is a tall guy!

We have stayed in these rooms numerous times. They were created by joining two normal cabins together. One of the beds is removed and a sitting area is created in that space. Other than that, the features are identical. 

We love these rooms. We like the two full baths (which are not any larger), the double storage and closet areas and the two vanities. My husband is 6’ even. He has not commented on the shower height. He does much prefer working out on the Windsurf gym as it’s bright and his head does not hit the ceiling.

We have never heard any noise from those venues and have stayed around both of them. YMMV

Stateroom floor plans are on this page: https://www.windstarcruises.com/BlankSite/media/deck-plans/Deck_plan_WindSurf_10-22-20.pdf

Edited by Pudgesmom

3 hours ago, IpswichChris said:

We ended up booking one of these suites, and it's below the Yacht Club Cafe.  Good to hear that noise is not an issue!

We have a suite more forward under the Lounge, also hoping for quiet.  What sailing are you on?  We're on December 18th from St Maarten.

We are in #348 on the 12/28 St Maarten trip. Was concerned about being under the lounge but my TA was told it is not an issue. We will see but sure it’ll be ok.

We did the WindSurf Venice to Rome trip back in 2018 via Croatia and absolutely loved it. It was our first WS Cruise and it was great! You’ll love it too, I’m sure!

Windstar ships are quiet.  They don’t have much entertainment late at night.  The band in the lounge is great. However, they finish playing by 10. Often we were alone in the lounge listening to the band.  There is more attention on crew show nights.  The most noise is on deck bbq night.  Everyone goes. It is terrific.  Don’t worry about noise.  Enjoy.

10 hours ago, Redtravel said:

Windstar ships are quiet.  They don’t have much entertainment late at night.  The band in the lounge is great. However, they finish playing by 10. Often we were alone in the lounge listening to the band.  There is more attention on crew show nights.  The most noise is on deck bbq night.  Everyone goes. It is terrific.  Don’t worry about noise.  Enjoy.

Exactly all of this with one difference of opinion. The few people up and about are usually back in the Compass Ross listening to the duo or sitting around somewhere on deck. 

We don’t care much for the band in the lounge. We’ve been sailing on Windstar for about 20 years and would like them to update their repertoire and production. 

Edited by Pudgesmom

We've been in the suites multiple times. The only time we heard anything from the lounge was crew show night because we didn't go that particular night.  And it's over around 10.  If you are in the hallway near the stairs you might hear the music but once in your suite,  no sound. No sound whatsoever from the Yacht Club. We would gladly book any one of them again.

This is an elderly message thread. But it was 2005 when we had #325 on Windsurf. No noise problems. We normally avoid potential problems like you describe in the naval architecture. Of course the extra space is wonderful, but it's a little off-putting to have two identical rooms put together, rather than a purpose-built "suite." Sort of a bowling-alley feel. In that sense, it was a slight letdown. For example, having two identical bathrooms (as far apart as possible in a giant room .... ) is convenient but not the normal definition of "luxury."

I don't mean to sound unpleasantly negative, it's just that it's an unsusual product that needs a detailed description. We chose the ship for its itinerary (Mayan Riviera), and that did not disappoint. I want to add that, while Windstar now has lots of 300+ passenger ships, in 2005 it was unusual, and I did feel that the crowd was less outgoing and more insular than the 140+- sailing ships.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want a luxury suite, the Star ships are for you. We really like them. All cabins are suites.  They are well appointed, have lots of room, and have big bathrooms.  Many have double sinks.  On the sailing ships,  cabins are smaller.  The bathrooms are small, but are ok.  The suites on Windsurf took 2 cabins and just put them together.  The 2 bathrooms are still small. Some people love having 2 separate bathrooms.  
Noise on a Windstar ship usually isn’t a problem.  Aside from the deck bbq and crew show,  there isn’t a crowd of people partying after dinner.  Often, the duo or band play to a few people.  Night entertainment could use a revamp.  It is dull.  At the very least, we would love to see the yacht club bar open after dinner.  Late night coffee and a pastry would make me happy. We often play board games in the yacht club after dinner.  We have called room service.  Not worth the wait.   Most people just go back to their cabins after dinner.  

• Like 1