Coming back to Quest - any questions you want answering (plus some things we have learned about travelling nowadays)

uktog

5 minutes ago, Cruizer Diana said:

OK. The reason I wanted to do them in advance is the quantity of ports and trying to do the form on a cell phone.  I will wait as you suggest.

Diana

PS: It would help immensely if Azamara posted some basic instructions. We are two weeks out and have received little to nothing from them.

That will be because they are still working with the authorities to agree it!

Last week the hotel director and guest relations manager were in constant meetings and shoreside calls trying to work out the Italy and Spain situations whilst also working to support their current guests.  You too might find on your cruise they are not around for long periods as they are focusing on future guests, it is the nature of life onboard just now. 

I don’t think people understand how much they are dealing with or how often the authorities/countries change the rules or that the international mix of guests some of whom have been wandering around Europe pre cruise means it’s multiple scenarios. 

Concentrate on whatever you need to do to get into Italy, you will be told the rest when they have the final answer. They will give you free wifi and Geeta the concierge and all the team on guest relations will do all they can to assist those struggling to fill in any forms.  Yes it’s annoying, I had to lose an afternoon to battle with some forms towards the end of the cruise, but it’s a price worth paying to get to travel. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, uktog said:

That will be because they are still working with the authorities to agree it!

Last week the hotel director and guest relations manager were in constant meetings and shoreside calls trying to work out the Italy and Spain situations whilst also working to support their current guests.  You too might find on your cruise they are not around for long periods as they are focusing on future guests, it is the nature of life onboard just now. 

I don’t think people understand how much they are dealing with or how often the authorities/countries change the rules or that the international mix of guests some of whom have been wandering around Europe pre cruise means it’s multiple scenarios. 

Concentrate on whatever you need to do to get into Italy, you will be told the rest when they have the final answer. They will give you free wifi and Geeta the concierge and all the team on guest relations will do all they can to assist those struggling to fill in any forms.  Yes it’s annoying, I had to lose an afternoon to battle with some forms towards the end of the cruise, but it’s a price worth paying to get to travel. 

Thank you for your insights. I get it. Will try to be patient. 

• Like 1

Anyone returning to the UK needing Day 2 tests (I know it’s not clear the October position especially in Scotland) having returned on Saturday we did our tests on Monday, dropped them at the collection point in town around 1600 and had our negative results back at 1930 last night (Tuesday).

Very impressed with Randox and the various tracking emails.  The owner of the nail salon I frequent used Express Test ten days ago and she and all her family are still waiting for results (her daughter needs a clear test to get back to work so it’s been a false economy for her) so it’s worth paying the Randox price for peace of mind based on our experience.  

They cost £48 each, but anyone can use their discount code (currently it’s Britishairways but you can check BA site when booking) to get the tests for £43. 

• Like 3

As I am on Day Two of a Post cruise diet I thought just one more reminiscence about food onboard- this time my meze and pork gyros from Greek night. 

Then my fav tuna tartare but with upgraded presentation 

And my Greek burger from the patio 😂

oh I wish I was still onboard 

D4C28C5E-B8AD-47B7-AC80-8F367C45B61D.jpeg

8DE08382-A066-46E2-9026-F39F4842C08B.jpeg

8C7B1E76-FA5C-451F-B1D2-BBFA905DC304.jpeg

84614933-C5C0-47D9-9465-FAF884FF707C.jpeg

• Like 9

Quick question for those who were on the Greek cruises -

Were any of the ports you visited Azamara Shore Excursions only?

Asking because as you might have noticed, Azamara annouced the Livorno port call is now Azamara Shore Excursions only - but multiple people have confirmed through multiple sources this might not be an Italy imposed restriction. So I am wondering if Azamara messed up - they copied and pasted the guidelines for Greece, changed Greece to Italy, and forgot to delete the part about shore excursions?

17 minutes ago, LT Hambone said:

Quick question for those who were on the Greek cruises -

Were any of the ports you visited Azamara Shore Excursions only?

Asking because as you might have noticed, Azamara annouced the Livorno port call is now Azamara Shore Excursions only - but multiple people have confirmed through multiple sources this might not be an Italy imposed restriction. So I am wondering if Azamara messed up - they copied and pasted the guidelines for Greece, changed Greece to Italy, and forgot to delete the part about shore excursions?

We could go ashore at every port although interestingly Apex who were in port with us on three days were not allowed on shore alone in Mykonos.

I do not think Azamara have pasted wrong information for Italy.  There are other people who impose restrictions as well as countries and port authorities - there will also be the CDC whose Sail Orders they are cruising under (using RC protocols) even in Europe and their insurers.  

For what its worth, the ship run excursions - we went on two from the five ports we visited - were very good, no "shopping trips', small groups, spacious safe coaches and as good as any private tours.  I did not hear of anyone complain about any ships tour they went on.

Edited by uktog
  • Like 2

Italy is requiring ship excursions for all cruise companies. It's an obscure rule that was introduced by the Italian Government right at the start of the pandemic and it's odd that it hasn't been lifted. However, all companies are following it. Confusingly, many of the excursion companies that people would normally book with are insisting it's not a requirement - but the regulation is still posted on the official website.

As far as I know, Italy is the only country requiring this, although MSC has adopted the policy for every port of call. Others will let you explore on your own at ports outside of Italy, but require a ship tour for Italian ports.

Edit: Just to say I also used Randox and was very happy with the experience and the way they use tracking emails to keep you informed of progress,

Edited by Huntingdon1701
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/19/2021 at 4:39 AM, uktog said:

Update on laundry

The laundry room appeared to be operational 

The very discounted fill a bag has been replaced by the laundry package. (This is in addition to suite or loyalty perks) 

25629712-5FCD-46F2-ADD5-584CB66A705C.jpeg

Thank you for the laundry information. 

One more question about laundry: Does Azamara still supply the soap or should I bring my own?

5 hours ago, Cruizer Diana said:

Thank you for the laundry information. 

One more question about laundry: Does Azamara still supply the soap or should I bring my own?

They supply the soap that works for their machines 

• 1 month later...

We were looking forward to the Greek Immersion dinner served on your Sept cruise.   So were quite surprised and disappointed Greek food was not on the dinner menu in either Windows or Discoveries main dining room on our 12 day Oct 13 cruise on Journey.  It seems  an Immersion cruise experience, especially for 1 country, should include the country's food on the menu.  So, you were lucky.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So sorry you missed it, but there was an outstanding Greek dinner with wine served on the Patio one night of that sailing.  Reservations were made through the specialty restaurants, at $35 pp, and it was worth every penny.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...