What's the bottom line (Covid wise) on Royal? Carnival just cancelled our December sailing

Tom-n-Cheryl

46 minutes ago, StingBeanz said:

Look into CELEBRITY, we were on edge a few weeks ago and it was absolutely amazing. I have been on Symphony for all of 90 minutes, already inquired - I have til 5pm to make up my mind if I want to leave the ship. 

Protocols? I am a first responder who worked in the heart of the pandemic, when we had to keep bodies in refrigerated trucks….. Royal has brought me back to spring of 2020. 

Over dramatic much? 

I have cruised since the restart, and have experienced NOTHING that took me back to the 2020 ICU experience. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, abpplh said:

Parents are considered unvaxxed if unvaxxed children are with them

Parents are vaccinated whether or not they have unvaccinated children on board with them. However, their unvaccinated children cannot enter vaccinated only areas. And by extension their parents cannot enter these area when their children are in their care.

Vaccinated parents can enter vaccinated areas when their children are not with them, i.e. at the kids club or being supervised by other family members.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Tom,

You book anything yet?

Look into Harmony of the Seas in mid January.  We're heading to Antigua and St Thomas.  And of course CocoCay.  Most excited about Antigua. Never been and the first of Atlantic rowers will be arriving then.

At this point (Royal wise) just the Independence OTS for early December.

🙂

Tom

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Over dramatic much? 

I have cruised since the restart, and have experienced NOTHING that took me back to the 2020 ICU experience. 

I’m not talking about getting sick, I’m talking about the restrictions.

Windjammer was 50% open, and it was every fifth table…..

That’s me being dramatic, I think it’s Royal being dramatic.

Unless you are outside on the deck this place feels like a prison. 

The week on Celebrity was magical, I felt like I was on a vacation. That is totally not the vibe here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

If you spent any time on here, you would have known what the protocols would be. 

I spend plenty of time reading. I knew about the masks….. okay. Can deal with that.

There is social distancing and than there is whatever this is. It’s over the top. 

I wasn’t coming to post or debate the protocols, was just letting the OP know that if they wanted to experience something normal, check out Celebrity.

I live in NYC, I think I’m pretty aware of the dangers of Covid. I just finished a cruise with a 100% vax policy and no one got sick. 

To me, it’s backwards not forwards.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StingBeanz said:

There is social distancing and than there is whatever this is. It’s over the top. 

I live in NYC, I think I’m pretty aware of the dangers of Covid. I just finished a cruise with a 100% vax policy and no one got sick. 

well, there is a big difference between a 100% vax policy and Royal allowing unvaxxed kids under 12 galore.

1 hour ago, StingBeanz said:

You could have eaten in the fully-vaxxed MDR - I hear the tables are right next to each other and it's like you are eating with a bunch of strangers less than a foot away from you. No, thanks, I am good.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, StingBeanz said:

…Unless you are outside on the deck this place feels like a prison. 

The week on Celebrity was magical, I felt like I was on a vacation. That is totally not the vibe here.

And yet you have several booked on Royal? 🤔

• Like 1

19 hours ago, StingBeanz said:

I have yet to find a prison with all my google searching that has steak houses, broadway shows, ice skating rinks, flow riders, water parks, 20+ bars,  hot tubs, water slides. ETc. But if wearing a mask here and there and keeping some distance equates to prison, well I suggest looking up a good "first world" problems therapist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/23/2021 at 2:57 PM, StingBeanz said:

Protocols? I am a first responder who worked in the heart of the pandemic, when we had to keep bodies in refrigerated trucks….. Royal has brought me back to spring of 2020. 

23 hours ago, StingBeanz said:

23 hours ago, StingBeanz said:

I'm glad you came back to clarify what you meant.  I took your first post to mean you didn't feel safe, like NYC Spring 2020.  As far as I'm concerned, there is no such thing as too safe.  I'm on Harmony in four weeks and I'm worried about the MDR, etc being too lax.  I got my Covid booster yesterday and my flu shot Wednesday,  Different strokes, I guess.  

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 6:33 PM, StingBeanz said:

We have cruised on Odyssey and Mariner in the last month. They definitely enforced social distancing in the Windjammer. However, on both cruises my wife and I were seated at a table for two in the MDR with other passengers sitting at tables literally 12 inches from our table. 

We have been on three RCI cruises since August and have enjoyed all three cruises and never came close to feeling like we were in prison. We have another cruise on Freedom later this month. 

Over the next three months we have 3 cruises booked on Celebrity. Hopefully they are as “magical” as you experienced. 

• Like 1