Carnival Corp Pre-BoardTesting

BlerkOne

17 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I believe the Carnival questionnaire asks if you tested positive in the past 10 days (or something like that). I don't think it matters how many negative tests you have after that.

I called my health care provider today and set up a nurse's appointment for a test. They said not a problem and results in about an hour. Maybe 2 if they are busy.

I’m only doing one test within the 48 hr time period. I just ordered the home tests in case I could find a rapid one locally. 

Just now, BlerkOne said:

Oh. Thought you wanted more tests in case you didn't like the results from one.

Lol no I plan on not being positive. I’m going to keep my mask on and stay away from people for two weeks before we cruise just to be safe.😃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Enggrl said:

Lol no I plan on not being positive. I’m going to keep my mask on and stay away from people for two weeks before we cruise just to be safe.😃

Oh, good! They converted us to become misanthropes.

PS. I plan on to stay positive (I know what you meant - just playing by words)!  Positive is good. It’s so depressing being negative. So, after canceling and rebooking over 30 of cruises, resorts, hotels, air tickets, 3 weeks ago booked a Regent January 2024 cruise (it’s almost sold out - probably by people like I).

Edited by kirtihk

My wife and I are going on the Carnival Horizon ship Saturday. I just recieved an email telling us apart from the vacination card and the negative covid test. We need to bring along the contact information (name, phone number & email) of the clinic that provide the vaccination shots in case further verification is needed. has anyone travel recently and had this become an issue? 

20 minutes ago, pajazz28 said:

My wife and I are going on the Carnival Horizon ship Saturday. I just recieved an email telling us apart from the vacination card and the negative covid test. We need to bring along the contact information (name, phone number & email) of the clinic that provide the vaccination shots in case further verification is needed. has anyone travel recently and had this become an issue? 

I am also curious if anyone has had them actually ask for the info and then call to verify.  I would think they would be too busy to do that unless the card looked suspicious somehow. 

Also I don't know what the pharmacy, clinic or whatever could actually tell the port worker who is calling with Hipaa and all.

Edited by rlindholm

23 minutes ago, pajazz28 said:

I think they started it because of fake cards being sold. I would not be able to supply that information. Our shots were given at our local civic center. They are no longer doing that their.

12 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I don't think Hipaa et al protects frauds.

I get what you are saying but I work in healthcare and if I got a call from Stacy at port canaveral asking if John Doe was given a COVID shot, I'm not giving Stacy that information.  I don't know she is who she says she is and when you sign the release of medical info its usually just to be shared with your other medical providers and used for billing info.  I'm not an expert so I'm sure that someone will probably come and say that's not quite right, and maybe it isn't but I would be surprised if the clinics would readily give that info out. 

Edited by rlindholm
  • Like 1

I saw that information, so I do have backup for my Mom and I for this Sat when we board the Horizon also.  I got my shots through our local hospital system (my husband works for them) so there is record of them in my My Chart that I can show someone along with my vaccination card.  My Mom got her shots at 2 different places (1 at Walgreens and when she went back they didn't have the same shot, so she went to Safeway to get the second shot) .  For her I called our State Dept of Health immunization dept yesterday and they emailed me a copy of her immunization record, with her information, lot information from her Covid shots all on their letterhead.  There would not be anyone we could call to verify our shots because of the way they were given.  and like @rlindholm said, I don't think anyone from the hospital system would give out that information to some random person on the phone anyway

4 minutes ago, rlindholm said:

I get what you are saying but I work in healthcare and if I got a call from Stacy at port canaveral asking if John Doe was given a COVID shot, I'm not giving Stacy that information.  I don't know she is who she says she is and when you sign the release of medical info its usually just to be shared with your other medical providers and used for billing info.  I'm not an expert so I'm sure that someone will probably come and say that's not quite right, and maybe it isn't but I would be surprised if the clinics would readily give that info out. 

If you have no record of John Doe?

1 hour ago, pajazz28 said:

So that's been 'advised' for some time.  I'm sure they only follow-up in the most unusual and suspicious situations.  Here's the procedure.... The health screening guy is the first you encounter.  Think of it like the TSA guy checking your license and boarding pass at the airport.  He's going to ask to see your vax card, your negative Covid test, and your identification to tie them all together.  Then he'll ask you some health screening questions.  If all that's in order, 999 out of 1000 times he'll say, 'Enjoy your cruise.'  Next will be the metal detector for your carry-on and you.  Once past that, you're in Carnival's hands for routine check-in. Easy and painless IF you have what you're supposed to have.

23 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Try ordering from Optum?

Their questionnaire now has a cruise question - select yes for that and you are qualified. I haven't tried Emed recently.

Do any of the following travel requirements apply to the person who will be taking the test?

Traveling internationally and need confirmation of a negative test to return to the US as required or recommended by CDC.

Needing to obtain COVID-19 test results for pre-embarkation on cruise ships as required or recommended by CDC and our partner cruise lines

Thank you

38 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

If you have no record of John Doe?

Well sure if they have no record of you at all they could say, "sorry, we don't have that person in our system".  But lets say I forged my card and said I got my shots at my pharmacy.  I'm in their system because I get my meds there.   But will the pharmacy tell them if I have or have not gotten my vaccine?  Dunno.   

And I'm sure someone is about to come along and say the whole conversation is hypothetical and stupid and they are right.  As long as you have your card and it doesn't say something like Fyzer lot number: 123456, or Mahderma: lot number 1  everyone should be fine.  😉

2 hours ago, pajazz28 said:

In addition. So many shots were given in open fields that were set up. Auditoriums, parking lots etc. No way can they be contacted. So it is basically useless on their part.

3 hours ago, rlindholm said:

Also I don't know what the pharmacy, clinic or whatever could actually tell the port worker who is calling with Hipaa and all.

Disclosure of protected health information IS NOT a violation of the privacy rule within HIPAA. See:
https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/privacy/guidance/disclosures-public-health-activities/index.html

It’s unlikely they are calling to verify anything unless there is a reason for concern specific to your card / the info on it and you’re pulled for secondary. But it is certainly permissible for Acme Provider to verify the care provided (in this case an immunization record). (Port worker = medical assistant, investigator, public health official, etc.)

Unfortunately many people, including in medical field, misunderstand HIPAA and have simply never taken the time to read it. It’s not a blanket non-disclosure edict.  Quite the opposite, the regulations call out all the many situations when EMH/PHI can be released. With regard to verifying C19 vaccinations, there are multiple ways for it to be permitted, ranging from including consent for such on the authorization form, it being part of a law enforcement investigation, it being a matter of public health, being pursuant to a CDC order/requirement/agreement, it being provider to provider, etc.).

Short version - with a legitimate immunization / record card, this is not a thing.

Edited by Brkintx

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

In addition. So many shots were given in open fields that were set up. Auditoriums, parking lots etc. No way can they be contacted. So it is basically useless on their part.

Technically states are supposed to keep records.

5 hours ago, jsglow said:

So that's been 'advised' for some time.  I'm sure they only follow-up in the most unusual and suspicious situations.  Here's the procedure.... The health screening guy is the first you encounter.  Think of it like the TSA guy checking your license and boarding pass at the airport.  He's going to ask to see your vax card, your negative Covid test, and your identification to tie them all together.  Then he'll ask you some health screening questions.  If all that's in order, 999 out of 1000 times he'll say, 'Enjoy your cruise.'  Next will be the metal detector for your carry-on and you.  Once past that, you're in Carnival's hands for routine check-in. Easy and painless IF you have what you're supposed to have.

I can write 2 more items… or 200 more and then finish a sentence with “easy and painless”.  As a saying goes - “the paper can endure any rubbish”.

Edited by kirtihk

5 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Technically states are supposed to keep records.

So what name, address and phone number do you give them. Just say The City of port Saint Lucie administered our vaccine shot? I have no other information other than the card. What about those that had tents set up in a field? Gave you a shot in your arm when you pulled up and rolled down the window. What do they say? Guess I can cross the bridge if it happens. I certainly am not going to lose sleep over any of this. It is actually getting really stupid. 

6 hours ago, Brkintx said:

Unfortunately many people, including in medical field, misunderstand HIPAA and have simply never taken the time to read it. It’s not a blanket non-disclosure edict.  

Sorry I spilt my drink all over myself when I read this... I work for a Humane Society and before approving adoption I call the applicants vet if they had a dog or cat before. I know the applicants name, address, phone number, dogs name, age, sex etc... You would not believe how many vets play the HIPAA card and refuse to tell me if the pet received their required by state law Rabies Vaccine! 

Sorry OT but yes, too many take HIPAA too far!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

So what name, address and phone number do you give them. Just say The City of port Saint Lucie administered our vaccine shot? I have no other information other than the card. What about those that had tents set up in a field? Gave you a shot in your arm when you pulled up and rolled down the window. What do they say? Guess I can cross the bridge if it happens. I certainly am not going to lose sleep over any of this. It is actually getting really stupid. 

Did you provide them with insurance information?