Ruby Princess Dolphin Deck

Dreams42Day

So I just learned that the mini suites on the Dolphin Deck of the Ruby Princess do not have covered balconies 😞😞😞 is this true? I’m very disappointed as we are going to Alaska and I imagine that a covered balcony would be much nicer than an uncovered balcony due to weather/rain. Please- anyone who has had one of these mini suites- ease my mind…..!!! 

Take a look at the minis on Emerald deck ... the last 6 or 7 on both starboard and port are fully covered minis ... on port, the last 3 or so are above the bandstand in the lounge below, so those could be loud.   Mini E731, last cabin on starboard side, has a fully covered double-sized balcony.  Really great!

Edited by pms4104

True. 9ft x 6ft balconies, uncovered. You will be fine. These are very nice cabins, and if you booked one of the 34 mid ship category M1 cabins you will have club class amenities including club class dining. The only mini suites on the Ruby that have  covered balconies are the 12 cabins aft on deck 8. Note all of the deck 8 minis on the Ruby are connecting cabins with interior connecting doors.

17 hours ago, Dreams42Day said:

So I just learned that the mini suites on the Dolphin Deck of the Ruby Princess do not have covered balconies 😞😞😞 is this true? I’m very disappointed as we are going to Alaska and I imagine that a covered balcony would be much nicer than an uncovered balcony due to weather/rain. Please- anyone who has had one of these mini suites- ease my mind…..!!! 

I booked a mini-suite on the Ruby for our Thanksgiving cruise and when I realized that the balconies are uncovered (except for the ones on Emerald Deck at the aft but those are above the night club) I switched us to an aft-view premium balcony (D734). It's listed as "partially obstructed" but I've seen pics and I'd rather deal with a bit of a beam that have such an exposed balcony. Maybe check to see if any of the aft-view balconies on Baja or Dolphin are available?

I just got off the Majestic to Alaska without a covered balcony and I would highly recommend you try to switch to a covered balcony.  When the sun was out it was too hot and then it rained the second half of the cruise the balcony was useless.  Love a balcony but in Alaska a covered one is a must.