The Daily for Saturday September 11, 2021

richwmn

On 9/11, my DH and I were at IAH boarding a flight for GRR when the first plane hit. Then the second plane. Then the Pentagon. Followed by emergency sirens sounding and announcements telling everyone to evacuate the airport.

That started two hours sitting on our luggage with hundreds of others in IAH's parking lot, a four-day delay in Houston, and an almost two-day trip home via Amtrak.

I will never forget the kindness of strangers: 

- Nacogdoches, TX that stopped our Amtrak chartered bus to give boxed chicken dinners to us mid-trip as we were being bussed from Houston to Longview to catch a northbound train, 

- Longview, TX where residents brought their patio chairs plus pizza & soda to their town's railroad station where hundreds waited as they knew their small train station couldn't seat us nor feed us,

- Little Rock, AR where, at 3AM, people lined miles of the railroad tracks waving American flags and holding signs of encouragement as they'd heard our northbound train would divert eastbound at Chicago toward NYC,

- St. Louis, MO where locals brought picnic bags of sandwiches, fruit, cookies & sodas to the station after learning that trains passing through had extra cars added, were loaded with passengers, and couldn't easily feed everyone aboard, and

- Chicago, IL -- our destination with DH's son waiting for us -- where residents offered free rides to hotels, to the bus station, to other places in the Windy City, and even beyond.

I will never forget.

May we always remember...

• Like 37
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

On Nov. 29, 2018 we arrived in Rhodes, Greece but it was a rainy morning which included thunder and lightning.  So we waited out the storm and after lunch there was a break in the weather.  We headed down the gangway and walked over to the City Walls for a quick look at Rhodes.  Our view from the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJXxG51CkGe74m50j-WPzD4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385064

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIMl8V7-VpDBk010jpX4r_7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385069

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPt_5Yy_sS6rqxGPc8VCMI?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385097

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIVMUsVZmm0WkgObpENuTB5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390162

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIyqWhJVj0HsnSU0c5WeNZt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385167

Inside the walls we saw the ruins of the Temple of Aphrodite00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIzpwihpaXpFD4ox0zWXUZY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390204

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJl63N_-3UF7JkWhafMq25Q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385221

This is the Street of Knights, a medieval road featuring the lodgings of "The Knights of St. John".  They started as a religious order but eventually served as a military order.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLjT9eT6Xntd0Q-xpCnUhV4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390213

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJlrzj-4XZzPeEUK8l3asu5?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385255

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIG4GHhKW8A3oHRIQEYjFD3?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390255

The Palace of the Grand Master, the highest point in Rhodes.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJvQp568lPz-duzgDeey5bX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390262

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKl1ejf-x5W7wXGGVIHw_JB?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390264

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIlZlBDPkeiXlaZx5OeTycx?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390272

The clouds were getting darker so we turned back and walked through a shopping area as we neared the ship.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVILWzT5sfbi5osq8bMiVopH?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390297

Few people were out and about, mostly those from the Pacific Princess.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK0Gaq_Cin0lZAtHhFhtfDJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546385450

We had seen several cats wandering through the old town, and when I took this photo of a cat on a wall, we heard a clap of thunder.  So we scurried through a gate and rushed towards the gangway.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIyav7pnp85nj7qbZ1ayYqY?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390304

As we neared the top of the gangway the winds gusted and raindrops began to fall.  We had only spent one hour in Rhodes exploring the streets and sites.  A trip back there is a must do!  The ship left about 7 pm so I took a few photos of the city after dark.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKBjUI-uR85SdkJd1kdYKq9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390308

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKkCMebkYscPm6cdNv47bma?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1546390329

Great selection of photos.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

On 9/11, my DH and I were at IAH boarding a flight for GRR when the first plane hit. Then the second plane. Then the Pentagon. Followed by emergency sirens sounding and announcements telling everyone to evacuate the airport.

That started two hours sitting on our luggage with hundreds of others in IAH's parking lot, a four-day delay in Houston, and an almost two-day trip home via Amtrak.

- Nacogdoches, TX that stopped our Amtrak chartered bus to give boxed chicken dinners to us mid-trip as we were being bussed from Houston to Longview to catch a northbound train, 

- Longview, TX where residents brought their patio chairs plus pizza & soda to their town's railroad station where hundreds waited as they knew their small train station couldn't seat us nor feed us,

- Little Rock, AR where, at 3AM, people lined miles of the railroad tracks waving American flags and holding signs of encouragement as they'd heard our northbound train would divert eastbound at Chicago toward NYC,

- St. Louis, MO where locals brought picnic bags of sandwiches, fruit, cookies & sodas to the station after learning that trains passing through had extra cars added, were loaded with passengers, and couldn't easily feed everyone aboard, and

- Chicago, IL -- our destination with DH's son waiting for us -- where residents offered free rides to hotels, to the bus station, to other places in the Windy City, and even beyond.

I will never forget.

I love your post!  Thank you so much for sharing all you experienced.💕

• Like 12

The sky this morning is a brilliant blue, not a cloud in sight, just as it was 20 years ago. I was working in downtown DC and we could see the smoke from the Pentagon from our rooftop terrace. The office tv was tuned to the events in New York, and we were all in a state of disbelief.

I also remember September 12 and the spirit of unity across our country. I wish we could capture that spirit again.

Thank you, @dfish for sharing that beautiful video.

• Like 20

2 hours ago, kb4683 said:

Good Morning!

Thank you Rich, Roy, and the F&B Department for the Daily.  Healing hugs to those on the care list and cheers to those on the celebratory list.

Agree that today is indeed a solemn day in our history and needs to be remembered forever.  Thank you to all who have shared their feelings, @rafinmd for the special 9/11 remembrance, and @dfish for the updated commercial link.

Now for some good news, got my Covid test results back at 11:30 last night and I am negative 🎉.  @rafinmd, thanks for having me on the care list but happy to be removed now.

We have been to Rhodes 4 times.  Will look for pictures and post later.

Kay

Wonderful news on the negative test! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kb4683 said:

Rhodes, Greece -

First visit was 11/26/2009, Celebrity Solstice, our very first Mediterranean cruise.  We just walked around the town on our own.

100_6339.thumb.jpg.957abf5af640c2b94182393e09af8a44.jpg

Our first taste of Greek yogurt with honey -- we are still eating this to this day

100_6351.thumb.jpg.3ab5de4010fe4e75c04be0955d000664.jpg

Of course, DH had to have a "boot of beer" 

100_6347.thumb.jpg.1c96bb6d438d1908848fd5fe3511140b.jpg

Second visit was 1/3/2011 - Brilliance OTS.  This was segment one of a B2B, Barcelona to Dubai.  We took a ship tour out to Lindos.IMG_0010.thumb.jpg.7bf75438f2e4be3ec8baa519822c6770.jpg

#3 was 11/30/2017 - Pacific Princess.  This was also segment one of a B2B, Venice to Fort Lauderdale.  Again, we just walked around on our own.

DSC00355.thumb.jpg.1eb24e11f5af8feac45085415c8d66cf.jpg

DSC00359.thumb.jpg.ede79fcd033c3e2dbecde67b23651d90.jpg

DSC00358.thumb.jpg.b76b64ac9cf7cce1fec4a50edaa12543.jpg

DSC00363.thumb.jpg.fcdac59c83577f74edd4bfa6200ed112.jpg

DSC00365.thumb.jpg.a427501898f55079a7164d0e6b9960b1.jpg

DSC00366.thumb.jpg.e7d1deda870a6f0f83caaccdf09d8d6c.jpg

DSCF2183.thumb.jpg.e1f966247d741dc29f7bc0aaa1c4173c.jpg

DSCF2184.thumb.jpg.ea140ee6455a12d70edfb638234af8b6.jpg

The last time we were in Rhodes was our last cruise was 10/20/2019 - Rotterdam - 32 day Holy Land and Journey to the New World.  We just did our own thing again, but had a lovely snack (with 🍷 of course)

DSCF4110.thumb.jpg.20064be2f3e940ed5b7dccfefec8c57a.jpg

DSCF4113.thumb.jpg.5f95ca7cc5dc8f0066819689ae904ad0.jpg

DSCF4114.thumb.jpg.e26a16dcc0bd045719a471fb1114b038.jpg

DSCF4112.thumb.jpg.1ec8a66d862e593a4c1bc0ab51c59eac.jpg

Good bye, Rhodes

DSC01174.thumb.jpg.c080275deaf1160bce120b5583680f8a.jpg

Thank you for sharing your photos, especially the food!  I'm always ready to eat...

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, HAL Sailer said:

I will never forget.

Thank you for sharing. This is very heartwarming.

• Like 11

Good morning all!

Late and brief this morning, DD, DSIL and the grandsons all spent the night here last night.  DD and DSIL are doing the 60-mile MS bike ride over to Whidbey Island and back today so we'll have the boys until they get back.  They do this every year (except last year because of Covid).

I haven't had time to read any of the responses yet, will check back later after the boys go home.  But I'm excited to see photos of Rhodes, as we will be there overnight in just a few weeks!

And very excited for @dfishand Sue today, bon voyage!!

• Like 20

Good morning everyone and Happy Saturday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich. 

Never forget. I’m sorry but I’m too choked up to say much more. Thank you to everyone for all the remembrances of 9/11. 

DH, DM and I went to Ground Zero and the nearby museum in September 2009 prior to boarding the Eurodam. It was a somber experience and one I will never forget. 

Roy, thank you for your lists and the special 911 remembrance list. 

Rhodes is lovely. Thanks to everyone who posted pictures. 

I’ll pass on the meal suggestion today. I bought a noodle stir fry mix at Trader Joe’s and I think I’ll add some fish for protein to go with it. Craig weighed himself after the cruise and officially declared he was on a diet. We will see how that goes. 😉

@dfish Bon Voyage!  Enjoy the Nieuw Amsterdam!  ⛴🍾🥂

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 23

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

We'll spend time driving around the neighbourhood, as today is Curbside Swap day in our city - everyone can put things they don't want on the curb for others to take home. 

What a great idea. Other communities (including mine) should try that.

• Like 10

Good morning and thanks all! 
I’ll never forget 911 and the victims.   On a cruise we became close friends with the family of a young women who died in the towers.  Coincidentally she worked for the president of Cantor Fitzgerald.  DH went to NYC to work with the NYPD a few months later to help with critical incident stress.  He and I are both forever changed.  Our hearts are truly in NYC.  
Last night we watched the taped version of Come from Away on Apple plus.  

BDD37213-B9D4-4520-B58C-C1C783510C2C.jpeg

6A10503B-F817-40DC-AF96-6C6A1AAA09EB.jpeg

8AC4D526-D941-4CE3-9B23-81189CDD5378.jpeg

0F214B33-DE5A-48E9-9A24-FFC161867313.jpeg

3CD17C5D-42B8-4635-A32D-621213F5DAAA.jpeg

BEAEB8DD-14CE-44DF-8B3E-49EFFC473456.jpeg

0DE6537B-2C30-47A7-B747-FE474F09360B.jpeg

4D6626EC-3EC2-43E2-8109-D6F21A50EA75.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Good morning again.  Earilier I had to make a run into town to get something that was on sale ending today.  When I got back DH wanted to go get breakfast at the drive-thru, then since it was a cool (for us) morning, we drove around town for a while.  

I make up the bed everyday, and I made sure the DDs did when they were still living at home.  I've  always heard No News Is Good News.  

I like brats, but not the ones used in the recipe which @kazu Jacqui found for us.  Tonight it will be pad Thai with chicken since I have some veggies that need to be used.  I'll pass on the drink, but would like to try the wine.

We have been to Rhodes aseval times, and I will look for some different pictures.

@rafinmd  Roy, thank you for your special memorial list.

@cat shepard  Ann, it seems the PT is working and your are progressing quickly.  Enjoy the gym.

@dfish  Debbie, thank you for the link to the Budweiser ad.  Enjoy your cruise and a week of no cooking or bed making.  Glad Carol's surgery was successful and she is doing well.  Hope you can plan another cruise soon.

@Lady Hudson  Katherine, thank you for the update on your BIL.  Sending prositive thoughts for a quick recovery and hope that the pain eases soon.

@kb4683  Glad you failed the test and were negative.

@HAL Sailer  Thank you for your memories of 9/11 and the days following.  People can be so nice when it counts.

Speaking of being considerate and kind to each other, we have such a community here on the Daily.  Thank you everyone for being a part of this Family.

We were supposed to fly to Barcelona on 9/13, and finally made it on 9/18.  Even though our plane from DFW flew over the Atlantic from Sandy Hook, NJ, to JFK, we could see the Manhattan skyline and the smoke still rising from the collapsed towers.  The people of Spain were so nice to us when they realised we were Americans.

On May 15, 2011, we were in NYC and visited lower Manhattan.  We could not get near the new memorial since they were building the One World Trade Center, but we did visit the temporary home of the 9/11 museum.  The museum was very moving to walk through. 

This picture was taken from the museum, and shows the construction and the memorial in the backfround.

P1010839.thumb.JPG.db3f30509b3171f094ce6984204319e6.JPG

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

We will never forget 9/11. I try to always make the bed. Often no news is good news.

Interesting quote.

I like the meal, pass on the drink and I'll take the wine. Going out to eat with BFF, trying to stay safe.

I have been to Greece, but not Rhodes. Thanks for the pictures.

Not doing too much today. I watched some of the 9/11 Remembrance programs, and it still brings tears. I was at work and at first thought it must be a little Piper Cub into the WTC, then found out the sad truth. I had friends call from England when they heard about a plane nearing Pittsburgh. A good high school friend who worked at the Pentagon had decided to work from home that day. My BFF was in Mexico for work, and stuck there until planes could fly again into the US.

@rafinmd Thank you for the 9/11 remembrances.

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad your test was ok, but it's probably frustrating not finding a cause for your cough. Hoping the new spray continues to work.

@dfish Bon Voyage. Excellent news about Donna's surgery.

@kb4683 Good news on the negative test!

@Lady Hudson Hoping your BIL's pain eases soon.

@HAL Sailer What wonderful recollections of kindness!

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Me at the makeshift Flight 93 Memorial in Shanksville, in 2007.

P9080066.thumb.JPG.79d25e8a727532607316f55d1ef00f27.JPG

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

We will never forget this day.  We awoke(on PST) to our alarm radio playing the news and we turned on the TV  disbelieving what we were hearing, but it was happening!  We kept watching as we were getting dressed for work.  I arrived early to the emergency room that day.  We found a small TV and set it on a file cabinet in the ER, where we could keep up on the tragedy while we cared for people.

We worked closely with EMS and the Police department in our town and this had hit us really hard.  Our fire department sent paramedics and firemen to help.  It still brings tears to my eyes to think of all the people who lost their lives and the memories that we still feel.  May we never forget.

Denise

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks to the entire group for your wonderful memories of 09/11.

I want to give a special shoutout to our wonderful Canadian neighbors who opened their hearts and homes to those stranded airline passengers bound for the U.S.  At the shelter we helped to open/run for a week after 09/11, there was a special lady from Canada who was the last to be able to work out a way to get home.  She was an Air Canada employee, so she knew she would be last on the list when flights resumed!  She was so sweet and worried about passengers from all airlines stuck in Denver.

My visit to the 09/11 Museum (especially moving) and the Memorial was a part of the closure from DH's passing.  I had to see what I saw during our 5 weeks of working there as volunteers.

This is on a small marker in the 09/11 Memorial Grounds area.

"This memorial glade is dedicated to those whose actions in our time of need led to their injury, sickness and death.  Responders and recovery workers, Survivors and community members suffering long after September 11, 2001, from exposure to hazards and toxins that hung heavy in the air.  Here and beyond this site known as Ground Zero and at the Pentagon and near Shanksville Pennsylvania in the aftermath of the terrorist attacks.

Here we honor the tens of thousands from across America and around the world who came to help and to heal, whose selflessness and resolve perseverance and courage renewed the spirit of a grieving city, gave hope to the nation and inspired the world."

• Like 23
  • Thanks 6

5 hours ago, dfish said:

Good morning everyone.   

I'm adding my remembrance of 9/11.  I read that Budweiser is updating this commercial to mark 20 years.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riB30oZ4Q9k

Thank you so much for posting this Budweiser commercial. It is so moving and brings tears to my eyes still.

Jane

Edited by lazey1
  • Like 12

We have been to Rhodes three times.  In 2003, the old Regal Princess stopped there on the mystery cruise.  Because of the Iraq invasion and SARS, Rhodes was not crowded.  The next two times, 2016 and 2017, we were there on the Prinsendam.  Part of our days were spent walking around town, and the rest of the day we either hired a taxi for a tour (2003) or rented a car.  I am going to divide my pictures between Rhodes town and the rest of the island.

This is where the Colossus of Rhodes stood in ancient times.

DSC08002.thumb.JPG.99337b90699116d924796c15dc37689c.JPG

The area around the harbor entrance, but outside the city walls

DSC02018.thumb.JPG.6ae92d328f73b405add5e0c121c4a211.JPG

DSC08005.thumb.JPG.180533bef51e4f42b8546a797a9a9a48.JPG

A church in the area

IMG_3146.thumb.JPG.319318628ffaa239d71c4c032a73730b.JPG

IMG_3151.thumb.JPG.a98ca8e6780debf00e3ffac04a1327b9.JPG

Inside the old city

DSC08011.thumb.JPG.f20b501c3d3508f9abe74bf263ac8021.JPG

DSC08018.thumb.JPG.b20279aa40cc39181fc2ab7743a0d25d.JPG

Inside the Grand Masters Palace, where most of the furnishing had been moved to Malta

DSC02066.thumb.JPG.7a127dea58a3c67d19ababda0d570149.JPG

DSC02068.thumb.JPG.3436a389868cf2c9f1b656c04b3dd87a.JPG

DSC02069.thumb.JPG.84162f2df199d87c2963a4cd0f197d39.JPG

DSC02076.thumb.JPG.e4bf8085fa2ecb650a3f87fd2292196f.JPG

DSC02088.thumb.JPG.6226ef8816af843d2b1d225269c28259.JPG

The Acropolis of Rhodes, which is surrounded by the modern city.

IMG_3160.thumb.JPG.949fa662a76d9aafe156a397fbd5deab.JPG

IMG_3166.thumb.JPG.aeec47b1af8f6c2309be4186513cc5e0.JPG

IMG_3165.thumb.JPG.953ed79103a857ba5200dec4e40d859f.JPG

Lenda

• Like 25

The island of Rhodes.  

These pictures were taken as we drove along the north side of the island.

DSC07994.thumb.JPG.91850a21e33874454e9e0df9e3f05f8e.JPG
DSC02024.thumb.JPG.f352499f357dd47c37b2ee3103d02419.JPG

Near the far end of the north shore, we stopped at a small harbor with a cafe where we had a coke.  There was a Lycean tomb in the hill by the harbor.  Lycean tombs are not normally found on Rhodes.

It is the area of the hill that looks manmade.

DSC02027.thumb.JPG.da7942275406ddc92e4713f2ee109820.JPG

DSC02028.thumb.JPG.e236943d12df6c4c952a608e999f6d93.JPG

DSC02032.thumb.JPG.3f3fd9d7cc17ae1f6b9e13dec01f3810.JPG

We saw the runs of Kritinia Castle on the hill near the harbor; so we drove up there but did not go inside.

DSC02035.thumb.JPG.a5ea59f7dabf1871559a335589c21953.JPG

DSC02038.thumb.JPG.c36248b0a6d68c23eb7734a8055c1492.JPG

A secluded beach which I think is on the south shore.

DSC02047.thumb.JPG.3ee16cc7c78d30ce03376192a9df8d29.JPG

I'm not sure where these were taken, but I thought they were interesting.  It might have been in Rhodes Town or one of the villages the taxi driver showed us.in 2003.

IMG_3175.thumb.JPG.60f9851446808dcfc60b7ccd7c6416e7.JPG

IMG_3176.thumb.JPG.865b9cf5d7b804109dba08eb754806fc.JPG

A view of Lindos from an overlook up in the hills

DSC07976.thumb.JPG.3e0fe48db17f9544f3a636240d00b813.JPG

Lindos from the parking lot on the main road

IMG_3182.thumb.JPG.6952cdf50fff520b83a7e641f1d13518.JPG

And finally, our elegant home away from home

DSC02102.thumb.JPG.e5b17a4e0c2474c337058d3f932d5e2a.JPG

Lenda

• Like 26

Today I was thinking of a monument and tree we saw in Belfast on a couple of our visits there.  The first time was in Sept. 2011 but I took a photo of it again in 2015 because it was easier to read then.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLHfh8yX6eyje4UJgp7aBI-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616113321

There was a tree planted there by this monument.  It's located on the grounds of the City Hall.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKQGNiJu1IsfJMTSnd5rZNBV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1616113323

Here in 2015 you can read it much easier.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJHWOyMg_Vf35UPjAb3EPuk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435194752

The tree hadn't grown much in almost 4 years.  Looking at the diameter of the trunk.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJkL-AffAT9oMU9yMqybJCR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1435194751

On another cruise we were in Oslo near Sept. 11 and when we walked past the American Embassy saw quite a lot of flowers left at the fence in front of it.  Another example of countries who supported us during our difficult time.  

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1