Live review of my Vacation including MSC Seaside from Genoa 18th Sep.2021

Itochen33

There we go! After the kitchen just CLEARLY got a urgent delivery of pepper and salt via helicopter:

C95A6AA1-0790-47C6-A505-5C0A7D06135E.thumb.jpeg.dfe5ce2c0dda4292bcdbf9364deb9cf5.jpeg

The prime rib (cooked to perfection) with the risotto (also cooked perfectly and DAMN flavorful)

i am not fond of potatoes… or steamed vegetables… that‘s why I always ask to change most sides to the risotto. I LOOOOVE risotto…

• Like 1

Jesus! I take it back! The Italiens can stay! Apparently I have to throw a few GERMANS off board! Don’t you DARE scream at my Alex!!!! It’s not his fault that you are grumpy and obviously need a nap like a three year old! No need to throw a tantrum of Epic proportions just because you don’t have a spoon to your lobster bisque! You are getting one as fast as possible!!!

i am seriously about to jump up and tell that woman some choice words for screaming bloody murder during full blown dinner service…

Edited by Itochen33
  • Like 2

Since I have access to the spa included in my cabin, here a little revue on it:

sadly I can’t make photos in there.

The Thermal area is quite small compared to NCL and GIGANTIC compared to Royal Caribbean’s spa areas…

on the Seaside there are two saunas, two steam baths, a indoor seawater pool, a whirlpool at the outside area, a saltstone relaxing room, 4 ‚sensory‘ showers, three heated stone loungers, a snow room, a kneipp Parcours and several relax areas with some normal loungers…

due to corona the steam baths, the snow room and the seawater pool are closed though… and the time you can spend at the thermal suite is limited to 1 hour per day…

i didn’t know that when I booked… otherwise I would have booked the fantastica experience instead of Aurea. I have a skin condition (that is not contagious or something…) and seawater or Thallaso helps ALOT with that… I had really looked forward to that. Like this I just spend a bit of time in the sauna… and for that the upsell of 500€ isn’t worth it in my opinion… I don’t care for the sensory showers… quite frankly those are rainshowers with different colors of lighting… the kneipp Parcours is cute but I can do the same with the shower in my cabin…

the massage that was included was VERY good though! I would have been even more disappointed though if I would just have had 50 minutes instead of 80 with the closure of the most important part of the THALASSO… like it is now it’s simply just a sauna that I can find everywhere on land…

just my opinion…

• Like 1

Hi, and first of all- thanks for the info about the tea. Oh I like how you write your review. Seldom to meet people who are that straightforward and honest. Love it!

The incident at lunch- well- all I can say- you handled it just great. What happend to the broken chair on your balcony - at whose head did you throw it? Or did you just throw it over board and asked for a new one- no you wouldn´t do that- that would have been littering and WE don ´t do that. LOL.

How long did you have to wait for the resault of the C- Test at embarkation? Was it a zoo?

Oh I know what you mean talking about Germans one wants to throw over board. Had the same experience on board MS 1 and MS 2! Unbeliebable rude behaviour - well , sometimes.

I look forward to you nex installments. Have a great time!

Liebe Grüße

Michael

3 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Hi, and first of all- thanks for the info about the tea. Oh I like how you write your review. Seldom to meet people who are that straightforward and honest. Love it!

The incident at lunch- well- all I can say- you handled it just great. What happend to the broken chair on your balcony - at whose head did you throw it? Or did you just throw it over board and asked for a new one- no you wouldn´t do that- that would have been littering and WE don ´t do that. LOL.

How long did you have to wait for the resault of the C- Test at embarkation? Was it a zoo?

Oh I know what you mean talking about Germans one wants to throw over board. Had the same experience on board MS 1 and MS 2! Unbeliebable rude behaviour - well , sometimes.

I look forward to you nex installments. Have a great time!

Liebe Grüße

Michael

Good morning my dear!

Your welcome! Was quite cute how the very first bartender scrambled and ran for the phone when I asked him and then came running back with the information for ALL bars, not just his!

NOOO! I did not throw it over board! Played with the thought of just put it on my Neighbors balkony… and steal one of his…

no for real I asked guestservice to replace it and got a new one 5 minutes later.

Funnily enough I made the test but never got the result! Since I am still allowed to run free I guess I was negative… since I helped a fellow cruiser that is disabled through port by lending her an arm to hold on, I guess they cut me some slag and let me go on with her instead of waiting for the result since at the test stations were no possibility’s to sit down. It was pretty straight forward with the test though and took just two minutes of time from registration for it to someone picking my nose…

We just arrived in port and I am waiting for the sun to rise! I can already tell that DAMN! It’s gona be a hot day today! 

greetings from Siracusa!

Betty

Main:

CE27A921-63A1-41B3-9A45-957EB3081D0B.thumb.jpeg.6a72b021e2bbecf3ec3a6c2730cc2bf4.jpegFish n chips… that I needed the mayonnaise for…

AND:

9C1D39D1-3234-4417-877C-B0CEA242F3C1.thumb.jpeg.e6ac6e7502ecf0ce0bf7e6a5b0c3a8a6.jpeg

F47059CF-A5CA-4249-9E83-F2CECEBDE1B4.thumb.jpeg.2e940f5db6e36424191c5e3df224e311.jpeg

the cutest chef burger that I have ever seen… that’s like a single bite burger 😂

Memo to the kitchen! Take EVERYTHING out of the fridge a bit earlier… or make sure to heat the food properly… everything was a bit cold…

I've a question about embarkation and travel insurance if you don't mind.   Did you book travel insurance through MSC or on your own?   How thorough were they in looking at your insurance documents when you boarded (if at all)?

I have travel insurance booked through a 3rd party, and I feel like it meets their requirements (regarding Covid-19 exclusions), but insurance policy wording is complicated.  Just wondering if they had someone actually looking, or if showing you have travel insurance is enough.

50 minutes ago, doconner said:

I've a question about embarkation and travel insurance if you don't mind.   Did you book travel insurance through MSC or on your own?   How thorough were they in looking at your insurance documents when you boarded (if at all)?

I have travel insurance booked through a 3rd party, and I feel like it meets their requirements (regarding Covid-19 exclusions), but insurance policy wording is complicated.  Just wondering if they had someone actually looking, or if showing you have travel insurance is enough.

hello there!

i have insurance booked through MSC… BUT since there was quite the drama at the AIRPORT I can answer your question. Quite frankly, no one cared for TRAVEL insurance… at the airport was a guy though already that wanted to see proof of a COVID-19 insurance! One that explicitly says that it covers all expenses regarding COVID. Medical bills, quarantine, if needed hospital, transport… stuff like that. There was a very nice elder couple that couldn’t find proof in their papers that they had this insurance and the guy was pretty… aggressive… the two of them where already shaking and in tears because he denied them check in to the FLIGHT! I intervened and in lightning speed booked a COVID-19 insurance for them online… while standing in line for check in myself… I showed the guy the policy and the bill for it from my emails and he was fine with that then and let them board… then I whipped the floor with him for scaring the ***** out of the nice couple… I think he is still sitting on the floor on the airport in Berlin crying… at least he apologized to the couple. 

at the Port there was no Problem regarding the insurance. I wasn’t asked for proof again and neither was the couple. But keep your proof of vaccination, your passport and your cruiseticket in hand until you are ACTUALLY on board the ship… every time I thought I am done and can put it away I was asked about it AGAIN… and had to sift through my back for it again…

i hope I could help. Here is a photo of the page that guy wanted to see in german. Under the green umbrella you can read something that says Covid-19. It means that all things regarding a pandemic like Covid are insured. 

5A0BD4B5-58D3-40B0-A200-4390A9CBDA2F.thumb.png.8919313f5899d1e6000ece4a637a2895.png

• Like 1

Starter! The crispy fried white fish:

79E226B0-D7F0-4A16-AEE0-79C8C5AE897D.thumb.jpeg.9fbafdf3ece8279a4e30edc948bcd1b3.jpeg

UUUH it was good! Just watch out when you cut it! Accidentally shot the vegetable needles that lay on top across the table… and them sat there fanning myself ‚chot, chot, chot‘… VERY hot… maybe I should eat slower…

Dessert… almost killed me…:

Gateou Opera with pistachio icecream.

124F8C43-2993-49DC-ABDA-6026DB71702E.thumb.jpeg.762542a5ca5d81d08eba532f32bf224d.jpeg

Guys learned and don’t present me with desserts in form of male genitals anymore 😂

it was very good. Just the right amount of sweetness without overpowering the mocca taste

• Like 2

Hi Betty,

oh my -  you made my morning a smiling- no laughing-  one. Well done- just what it needs to get going. I just imaginged how you whipped the floor with this overbearing guy at the airport and him still crying there. Kudos for helping the couple getting their insurance- I am sure they have been quite thankfull for the help they got from YOU other then  starres from other onlookers.

If the food in the YC is half as good as the one in the MDR looks- I am happy as the cow elsa!

I bought the insurance - which is mandatory I think- through MSC.    I print out everything- and really everything and keep it on hand at all times while boarding. 

Have to check the MSC webside today if my stuff is already ready to print out.

Oh Betty, I find your own private salt and pepper thingies so cute- and a good idea!

Have a great day- later! LOL.

Greetings

Michael

4 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Hi Betty,

oh my -  you made my morning a smiling- no laughing-  one. Well done- just what it needs to get going. I just imaginged how you whipped the floor with this overbearing guy at the airport and him still crying there. Kudos for helping the couple getting their insurance- I am sure they have been quite thankfull for the help they got from YOU other then  starres from other onlookers.

If the food in the YC is half as good as the one in the MDR looks- I am happy as the cow elsa!

I bought the insurance - which is mandatory I think- through MSC.    I print out everything- and really everything and keep it on hand at all times while boarding. 

Have to check the MSC webside today if my stuff is already ready to print out.

Oh Betty, I find your own private salt and pepper thingies so cute- and a good idea!

Have a great day- later! LOL.

Greetings

Michael

Morning Michael!

yes the COVID-19 insurance is mandatory through MSC, but you don’t need to buy it from THEM. You can take it from a third party as well as long as it explicitly says that everything COVID related is included. I was lazy when I booked and just booked it from them.

oh it wasn’t just me that helped! I was just fastest and the only one that didn’t let herself be stressed by that guy…

I print everything too and bring it with me. Your Edocs should be ready 20 days before you sail.  It’s always the happy dance day for me when I get my luggage tags and can print and laminate them…

You can buy the salt and pepper grinders on Amazon. Just search for Mini Salz und Pfeffer Mühle. The company is Pearl. They cost 9,99€ for three. In the third I have chili flakes… but I don’t take that one with me everywhere…

i fell out of bed at 6:30… don’t ask me why… I will skip breakfast today though.

greetings

Betty