Live review of my Vacation including MSC Seaside from Genoa 18th Sep.2021

Itochen33

OH My God… i am SO SORRY!!!! After playing fetch with Cooper and tiring him out after just three trows I just wanted to take a little nap with him… instead the two of us slept for almost 10 hours!... AND GRANNY DIDN’T WAKE US!!!... not that the dog complains…

What I haven’t uploaded yesterday due to the unplanned sleep marathon:

image.png.35f4af31e064a56d242e3ee160e2fb4e.png

The Pizza I made to get granny off my back because of the fridge….

image.png.7822cb3afc80fa743cdf74a97ff32f5b.png

Here in it’s baked glory.

I also picked up my watch:

image.png.f11655a1e746c1bf87eb39f22ec9df6e.png

Please ignore my fat hand in the picture…

Then I was shopping for Shampoo, Shower gel and stuff… puh! So many things I have to take with me…

I trew the first few things into my luggage:

Underwear

PANTS

The T-Shirt Granny gifted me

A pair of shoes… stood at the Airport in Oslo once, on my way to Miami and during the security check me and the poor security lady suddenly saw that my shoe was broken… She was very nice and asked me if she should get my luggage from the plane so I could change shoes… unfortunately I didn’t pack a second pair of shoes… both of us laughed our asses off at the airport when a colleague of hers felt for me and got me at least some hotel slippers… arriving in Miami with three gigantic pieces of luggage and hotel slippers on my feet was quite epic…

The magnets… might put them into hand luggage though… they are quite heavy…

Sleepshirts and pants

Compression socks… due to medical reasons I have to wear medical compression socks for at least 8 hours every day… a bit difficult during vacation but I will manage somehow…

As you might have gotten by now... everything that COULD go wrong on a vacation DID go wrong for me at some point... i am a magnet for things that can go down hill... one of the reasons i overplan and overpack...always...

Now I have to go though… have a doctor’s appointment to get a fit to fly certificate… 31 years old and I fall apart… That the reason people always tell me that I am missing a few screws???

Coopertime:

image.png.ca30c75f2d29013c851f16b79a77565f.png

I think the 10 hour nap wasn’t long enough for him…

• Like 1

Doctors appointment went as well as I thought it would… I have a disc prolapse… yeah well what should I do? Cancel my whole Vacation? NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!...

Doc said I shouldn’t lift heavy… I asked him if a cocktail glass counts as heavy… HE ALMOST GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK WHEN HE LOOKED AT ME CONSIDERING FOR A MOMENT!...

Then I lay on the floor laughing when he said “Use a straw… then you don’t have to lift it…”

God I love that guy…

I had lunch:

image.png.30ba9f21b7ff2dc1aeb323fff602ab81.png

Berliner Currywurst with fries (Sorry I started eating again before I snapped the photo…)

Some curiosities from Berlin:

How public transportation reminds us to keep distance

image.png.0f655fa4b61c9659dd51638c376571b9.png

1.5 Meters = 5 Cases of Beer…

image.png.691cbfd86050ad69891e8e0b24be0d35.png

1.5 Meters = 4 Robots with Mustard…

Okay… I can’t… I just can’t keep that to myself….

My Grandmother apparently decided to be a pirate today…

Cooper seemes to want to support her in that…

image.png.30f42642ef4ee6ff72a868c9eb192d1b.png

Now Captain Granny is sitting on the couch reading her newspaper… and my Chihuahua has decided he is her parrot… I am going to suffocate with how hard I am laughing right now… others have lap dogs… we apparently have a shoulder dog…

• Like 1

Holy crab! I just packed my luggage and am 9 Kg over the limit… aahhh…. Uuuuhhhh… how the HELL am I going to cram 9 Kg into my handluggage without leaving my PANTS at home???

I have to do serious repacking now…

You always overpack your suitcase when you go away. | Good night gif,  Overpacking, Hipster food

Wish me luck...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quattrohead said:

A German with a sense of humour, must be related to Henning Wehn.

Have you seen the Fawlty Towers episode about the Germans ?

Keep up the good work, I am sure dealing with MSC will give you plenty of material.

Have to admit that i had to google that... no i haven't seen it but if i can find a streaming site that has it i will watch it. Sounds like my kind of humor!

Oh i am sure MSC will... ALL Cruiselines do... let's see how much i can roast them...

1 hour ago, MarkusToe said:

Easy solution, double or triple pants...

You may have an solution for adding weight...😁

I already thought about putting all of my dresses on over each other... layering is in fashion now, isn't it???

Oh I love, love, love your report - you haven´t even boarded as of yet- and already I can´t wait for your next installments.

I so agree with you about the attitude of some people, regarding smoking etc.

I am boarding the Seaside at October 2nd. Two voyages after yours.  I am looking forward to your pictures. Have a save journey to Genua. All the best from a fellow German, with a very similar sense of humor as yours. LOL. Gute Reise!

1 hour ago, Germancruiser said:

Oh I love, love, love your report - you haven´t even boarded as of yet- and already I can´t wait for your next installments.

I so agree with you about the attitude of some people, regarding smoking etc.

I am boarding the Seaside at October 2nd. Two voyages after yours.  I am looking forward to your pictures. Have a save journey to Genua. All the best from a fellow German, with a very similar sense of humor as yours. LOL. Gute Reise!

WAAAHH!! Noch ein Deutscher mit Schlafproblemen! Warum sind wir wach um diese Uhrzeit???

Solltest du fragen über das Schiff haben stell sie ruhig! Ich hab zeeeeiiiiit und kann nachsehen gehen... ab Samstag... OH MEIN GOTT ES DAUERT NOCH SO LAAAAANG...

Oh,  but no- I have no sleap difficulties- LOL. I have to be in the office since we run a family business- a little bakery chain. So those are my usual work hours. LOL. So I can sneak over to Cruise Critic from time to time.

Neeee- das dauert doch nur noch zwei Tage- it´s only two days now- cheer up! I am sooo ready to go at ONCE- and have to wait another two weeks.

Ich finde deinen Humor wunderbar- I love your sense of humor!

I have booked two tours- and I hate quided tours- but they are only short tours so I had to bite the bullet...!

Questions- okay let me fire away:

1. If you there how many passengers are on board and how does the ship take the passenger flow?

2. It will be my very first MSC cruise- cruising solo also- there were good bargains in YC so I booked  a YC - cabin. I am usually cruising with Celebrity or Cunard- so I am really curious to experience  MSC.

I love the prommenade deck they installed on the Sea- Class ships.

Freu mich auf deine Bilder- look forward to your pictures.

3. Ich liebe TEE in jeder Menge - I love tea - in gallons. LOL. So in which lounge can get a propper cup of tea- preferable served in propper china? LOL.

IT’S FINALY THERE! The first day of traveling!

IMG_4808.GIF.2905157aba7884436724661243f597e0.GIF

Given… I just go to a hotel in the city i actually life in, but STILL! It’s not HOME! I AM SO EXCITED!

I did NOT get the luggage situation under control… and after trowing a tantrum of epic proportions decided to take the easiest solution… instead of throwing stuff OUT of my suitcase… I THREW THE SUITCASE OUT!... and just got a new, lighter one…

That’s the monstrum I wanted to take:

image.png.b3676bbdfd1e89a404d71663f1b50c6c.png

That’s the cute bugger I am going to take instead:

image.png.c5edb058f15f4726280ce1f42c569285.png

Both of them next to each other as comparison:

image.png.490d904a9667e9cdc9e3cd513418fe38.png

I am down to 19.6 Kg with the new suitcase… puh hah…. Thank the lord…

image.png.03486d2468b72130d413b73e18beaa26.png

Cooper watched me repack from the safety of the bed… and I think he still hopes that I won’t manage and stay home with him… he knows I go away for a while every time he sees my luggage… He’s lazy but not dumb…

3 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Oh,  but no- I have no sleap difficulties- LOL. I have to be in the office since we run a family business- a little bakery chain. So those are my usual work hours. LOL. So I can sneak over to Cruise Critic from time to time.

Neeee- das dauert doch nur noch zwei Tage- it´s only two days now- cheer up! I am sooo ready to go at ONCE- and have to wait another two weeks.

Ich finde deinen Humor wunderbar- I love your sense of humor!

I have booked two tours- and I hate quided tours- but they are only short tours so I had to bite the bullet...!

Questions- okay let me fire away:

1. If you there how many passengers are on board and how does the ship take the passenger flow?

2. It will be my very first MSC cruise- cruising solo also- there were good bargains in YC so I booked  a YC - cabin. I am usually cruising with Celebrity or Cunard- so I am really curious to experience  MSC.

I love the prommenade deck they installed on the Sea- Class ships.

Freu mich auf deine Bilder- look forward to your pictures.

3. Ich liebe TEE in jeder Menge - I love tea - in gallons. LOL. So in which lounge can get a propper cup of tea- preferable served in propper china? LOL.

Aww! Ja bäcker haben auch so unmögliche arbeitszeiten wie Nachtschichtler. - Aww! Yes, bakers have just as impossible workinghours as nightshters.

Ich bin mir nicht sicher was schlimmer ist... noch 2 wochen warten zu müssen oder nur noch 2 verdammte tage die EINFACH NICHT RUM GEHEN WOLLEN!!! - i am not sure what is worse... having to wait for another 2 weeks of just 2 damn days THAT JUST DON'T WANT TO PASS!

1. Will find out for you on board if i can... (internally prepares to run around on one day and count...)

2. For me it's the second cruise with MSC. My dates where either locked for YC or booked out. Since i don't need a 'normal' suite though i 'just' booked a Aurea Balcony cabin. My first cruise with MSC was on the Opera a few years back and i loved the ship... let's see if i like the Seaside just as much. I usually go with RCL and their Oasis class ships. I thought about going with the Allure from Barcelona but i was on her SO many times now... i thought i try something new.

3. I WILL FIND OUT FOR YOU! That's going to be fun! Asking in every bar for a cup of tea!... to my whiskey!... or my champagne... or cocktail... MAYBE THEY HAVE TEA COCKTAILS! Would that be something? And i don't mean Long Island Icetea... REAL tea cocktails. 🤔

Here we go…

Since i arrived at the Hotel WAY to early and my room wasn't ready i had lunch at the Trattoria Tatou around the corner... and no that is not a spelling mistake... they are relly called that...

image.png.3b5c44bcf6b265bac98dcef4f42d8482.pngimage.png.61a13953945ff818bcc3ed580efa1919.png

Pizza Napoli, Coke Zero and a Glass of Merlot

231C5067-5528-44E0-A19C-624F747E6DAE.thumb.jpg.dc57ee6395d6a1f463f4196deda3cf4b.jpg

Don't ask me why he brought me TWO SUGAR dispensers to my wine...

IMG_3088.thumb.jpg.81728d32c97f7336750631eb4433b47e.jpg

Tiramisu for dessert... what else...

Then i went back and arrived at the:

IMG_3090.thumb.jpg.73d82b891993a81a53b881deb236dd4d.jpg 

This is my room:

IMG_3094.thumb.jpg.c0e3b2ac81926639c824060cb15f0e2d.jpg

IMG_3091.thumb.jpg.cd2b3fb8402336bd3df569460278246e.jpg

Bathroom:

IMG_3093.thumb.jpg.0f0a35b2f99b40fea5b522544d5520d5.jpgIMG_3092.thumb.jpg.090686e0f1756b725587201bbd68eb15.jpg

View from Balcony:

9F1EFB65-014A-41DB-93B3-F831F64D8728.thumb.jpg.74f2f2c9952d0b3e893d7ef0643d5582.jpgC51862F0-8D68-4AB3-BF17-8874CEB06E97.thumb.jpg.de27c88c35e931bf68131e76d2501fd8.jpg

All before I unpacked.

Shortly after i made the pictures it knocked on the door and look what i got:

IMG_3097.thumb.jpg.0ada151cda08bb6892bbed47c2fe3ee0.jpg

No clue for whom the fruits and the water are, but i gladly take the Chocolat and the bottle of Redwine!

If it interessts someone:

This is the Hotel Intercontinental Berlin:

IMG_3101.thumb.jpg.d63b4cb680819d6bd60c292606b8563e.jpg

And this over here...:

IMG_3102.thumb.jpg.acce16c7ce8e3943f949741f5bb44b61.jpg

The hotel that you CAN'T see because the roof is in the way... is the one i am working at... i literaly got the ONE room of the Indigo that you can't see my workplace from...

Coincidence my beloved collegues of the Indigo?!? Anyway... THANK YOU!

On saturday i have to go to this place:

image.png.e7cb229454704d7f68e4241ef281d030.png

That's the trainstation Berlin Zoologischer Garten or Berlin Zoo for short. From there i will take the train to the airport... unless i am too lazy to jug around my luggage and take an Uber again...

And now!:

IMG_3099.thumb.jpg.8ce6c8d6a5bc904e00471e6f455e052b.jpg

Aaaahhh…. Finally on the GO! HAPPY VACATIOOOOOON!!!!!!!!

Edited by Itochen33
picture error
  • Like 1

HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS CHRIST THE SAVIOR... i ordered Dinner to be delivered and that's what i got...

image.png.563e01189a6f55bbedc7bcc85fa5ae26.png

How the FREAKING hell am i supposed to EAT all of that???

JESUS!!! i orderd some CHICKENWINGS!!! I GOT THE ENTIRE FARM DELIVERED!!!

Oh my god i am laughing and crying so hard right now...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let's do something educational while i am eating myself into a food coma!

As a matter of fact Berlin is one of the very few cities in the world that has TWO City Centers

image.png.ff39d9d54974d05c67d3961c95f27da4.png

At night, when the lights go on you can see it better thats why i waited with that. On this picture you can see BOTH of them. On the FAAAAR left you see a few high buildings... that's the City Centre of Berlin EAST and on the right you see the Waldorf Astoria Hotel and the Motel One that are right in the middle of Berlin WEST's City Centre.

image.png.d0c9138f2690fa8402115595b8fb9f71.png

Here i zoomed in on the EAST City Centre. The pink tentlike thing is the Sony Centre and the thing that looks like it's exploding is the Ritz Carlton hotel.

image.png.346ada8a01ae40d8c195070daa4b1082.png

And here a zoom in on the Waldorf and the Motel One. The bright light you see here is a spot on the memorial church on the Breitscheidplatz that marks the City Centre of Berlin WEST.

ENOGH of my blabbering for today though!

Coopertime (Granny has to send me a daily update on my smootchpooch):

image.png.aa087f3aeda650d744c351a8cb2d2b57.png

Don't know WHICH of the two of them made the selfie but i am proud of myself for teaching them both how to do it... at least both of them are on it... when we tried first it was a LOOOOT of ears, feet, fingers and toungs that we made pictures of...

I will go enjoy that i have a bathroom TO MYSELF after finishing dinner... (Everyone that lifes with his grandparents in one appartment and has to SHARE the bathroom with them knows what i am talking about...)

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for all the great pictures- I soo sooo love Berlin! I live down south- and I mean very very down south- so it is quite a way to travel to Berlin- but still!

I love your dog - so cute- we have three cats... !

Thanks for the effort and finding out. RCI ships are great, too- in fact I ( restarted) crusing with them back in 1997- back then Enchantment of the Seas ( Maiden Voyage) was considered one of the biggest ships out there. Then I switched to X and Cunard.

Oh- Tea Cocktails- I have a " Tea- Gin" for creating a nice G&T- nice idea.

You paper- roses look stunning! Thanks again for taking the time to write your report. Following you on your voyage is great way to prepare me for my own journey. Starting Monday, the 27th. Staying in Genua until Satureday. Will visist Mailand and Florence- both city´s excaped my travel list so far.

Have save journeys to the ship!

Edited by Germancruiser

14 hours ago, FredsBack said:

You're amazing ! I'll be on a the Seaside for an october 10th cruise, but I wish I was on yours ! :classic_sad::classic_biggrin:

My Grandparents will join you on the 16th from Genoa! I will make sure that the ship is still sailing until then! I promis!

10 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Thanks a lot for all the great pictures- I soo sooo love Berlin! I live down south- and I mean very very down south- so it is quite a way to travel to Berlin- but still!

I love your dog - so cute- we have three cats... !

Thanks for the effort and finding out. RCI ships are great, too- in fact I ( restarted) crusing with them back in 1997- back then Enchantment of the Seas ( Maiden Voyage) was considered one of the biggest ships out there. Then I switched to X and Cunard.

I come from the south originaly too. Just moved to Berlin because my Grandparents need help with the household by now. Originaly i am from Munich!

I had a Main Coon in Munich but left him with my Roommate. Here in Berlin he would have been stuck all day long in the Appartment. In Munich he can run freely.

10 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Oh- Tea Cocktails- I have a " Tea- Gin" for creating a nice G&T- nice idea.

You paper- roses look stunning! Thanks again for taking the time to write your report. Following you on your voyage is great way to prepare me for my own journey. Starting Monday, the 27th. Staying in Genua until Satureday. Will visist Mailand and Florence- both city´s excaped my travel list so far.

Have save journeys to the ship!

Have seen both Mailand and Florence already! Enjoy it! Both are beautyfull!

Oh... and here...

IMG_3116.thumb.jpg.a7e0fdb042a24db117a2c6a6949515c3.jpgIMG_3118.thumb.jpg.5c44152f5db3a5df5a42bcd9063f78e8.jpg

It's not on the ship yet... but i started with investigating the tea... i can positivly say it's good at the Hotel!

Bongiorno!

No wait… not yet… Guten Morgen!...

Still in Berlin...

Breakfast:

22176F21-679D-4DD2-B098-C99E657D0567.thumb.jpg.a1c4d32910258d2838c0de15b68efc26.jpgCAA4F5C8-DD9B-4977-A503-56F44380D113.thumb.jpg.73dcdb654b6b4a4717038806d53886e8.jpg

Was really great! Omelett doesn't look to good on the picture but it was really good!

Today will be a lazy day with some frantic last minute shopping for things I THINK I might need and never use… and later some collegues of mine will visit me and we will just get waisted... apparently flying sobber isn't good...

Something curious from my room...

IMG_3114.thumb.jpg.8e4424568a77edfcfdcf4cc21df8313a.jpg

There is liquid hand soap at the wash basin... and a soap dish for a soap bar... but no soap bar... for what is the dish??? My toothbrush? Hairbrush?... any idea?... anyone?...

PANIC! PANIC! I have to go to the airport! It’s 6 AM already! My flight is leaving at 11 AM! OH MY GOD JUST 5 HOURS! JUST 3 UNTIL I CAN CHECK IN! PANIC!

IJnxZ3w.gif

It still takes me an hour to get there!!! Then I just have 2! Till check in opens!... as a good German I have to stand in line at least 6 hours upfront and complain about it not being open yet!!!

Ger World Cup GIF - Ger World Cup Germany GIFs

No i am going to have breakfast now after i got PRETTY waisted yesterday with some collegues of mine... i think i haven't slept for a minute

BUT WHO CARES??? IT'S EMBARCATION DAY!!!!

Too be continued!!! 

• Like 2

There we go!

EC1F307E-50B1-4026-B8C5-F9CA8B6A6DAA.thumb.jpeg.8d5d2c367bcc9aafe52b10daedb2e557.jpeg

BOOOZE!!! The first of many!!!

the ship from the Bus. From this picture to finally stepping foot on board it took 2 hours!!!

A1A5F5AD-C51A-4468-9158-36EF95158BEE.thumb.jpeg.16b05379b6b63e31a9b083c0e0a21111.jpeg

i really have to say it… this was the WORST cruiseline booked transfer to the ship I have EVER encountered…

my cabin

8125303E-147E-48ED-B0CD-B41C87CA95FA.thumb.jpeg.e5422215ee1e9df6e16451ed79b04086.jpeg

9FE55D96-F1F5-49D1-9827-A8682C3D3466.thumb.jpeg.120fdb98939ac748de8a45e88aa45da8.jpeg

THAT I will take care off later… that’s a no go for me!!!! If you want to see something funny, be at guestservice later! I am the dragon that goes off like a volcano!!! Yay!!!

83A73EF8-DCC3-4F49-A43B-6296970C1CE8.thumb.jpeg.3d87111394439ea274a727a344fa159e.jpeg

too be continued, we are leaving port now!!!

• Like 1