Live review of my Vacation including MSC Seaside from Genoa 18th Sep.2021

Itochen33

3 minutes ago, Itochen33 said:

Yes it is. Up at the Aurea bar they don’t have anything else on champagne…

Yeah - same in YC, only NF.  Have to go to  the Champagne Bar for better stuff. 

From the looks of your menus so far, if they’re the same on Seashore, I’ll be eating in the buffet. 🙄🥲

1 minute ago, Beamafar said:

Yeah - same in YC, only NF.  Have to go to  the Champagne Bar for better stuff. 

From the looks of your menus so far, if they’re the same on Seashore, I’ll be eating in the buffet. 🙄🥲

Aww… special diatry needs? The food is actually pretty great so far!

I MADE IT TO LUNCH!

27ACA775-FF86-42F9-B036-A99604917706.thumb.jpeg.13872e4f257fd0b96d42d21c84fde11a.jpeg

Mussles as starter! Pretty tasty, nice and meaty, not some starved little things. Could have been a liiiitle bit hotter but okay. 

1 minute ago, Itochen33 said:

Aww… special diatry needs? The food is actually pretty great so far!

No, just picky.  Having done 23 MSC cruises, I’m very familiar with their food offerings.  But I’d struggle with those menus.

Hope you have a great lunch. 

• Like 1

No, just picky.  Having done 23 MSC cruises, I’m very familiar with their food offerings.  But I’d struggle with those menus.

Hope you have a great lunch. 

TWENTYTHREEEEEE???? This is my eleventh! And just the second with MSC… can totally understand that after 23!!!!! You can’t see those menus anymore… will keep you posted! Maybe on one of the other days there is something new?

• Thanks 1

I can already tell that a visit to the buffet is in need… I might be just one person but… guys… I look like three, because I EAT like three…

i count the Portion of Cioppino as starter…

be happy! You get a post about the lunch Buffett today!

• Thanks 1

Have you used the ship’s app and, if so, how is it?

Yes I use the MSC for me app. The food menus are screenshots from the app. You can see the next days menus for lunch and dinner in the app at around noon of the previous day. It works great as long as you are connected to the ships WiFi. If you switch a different connection or loose it you are f*** though…

2 minutes ago, Itochen33 said:

Yes I use the MSC for me app. The food menus are screenshots from the app. You can see the next days menus for lunch and dinner in the app at around noon of the previous day. It works great as long as you are connected to the ships WiFi. If you switch a different connection or loose it you are f*** though…

Good to know the menus are posted. 

Yeah, it’s the same with other companies - you need to connect to the ship’s WiFi for the app.  

Thanks so much for all the wonderful info.  Just over 4 weeks to go before we embark Seashore.   This review is really helpful. 👍👍

23 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Good to know the menus are posted. 

Yeah, it’s the same with other companies - you need to connect to the ship’s WiFi for the app.  

Thanks so much for all the wonderful info.  Just over 4 weeks to go before we embark Seashore.   This review is really helpful. 👍👍

Glad I can be of service!

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Oh dear!    Loved the choices on NCL’s Epic a couple of weeks ago.  I’m on a semi-starvation diet at the moment to allow for any weight gain onboard.  Looks like there won’t be any need.  😱

Actually the buffets have ever been the weakest part of MSC's dining offering, Bea... Out of my 7 cruises with them, apart the one back in 2017 on Fantasia in the UAE, I have never had a great buffet experience on MSC, and that one was certainly an exception done because of the complex time frame of that itinerary... Usually I tend to eat from the MDR, unless there shore excursion ends late. To say the least, I'd gladly to pay some EUR 100-150 bucks more out of my basic fare just to have a better included dining and especially buffet experience onboard... MSC needs to consider building a middle the road cruise line for premium lite experience. Something priced little bit above the comparable Aurea experience, with the better amenities and food... It would to be such an Italian Princess or X of some sort... So now, MSC has almost all the Musica class docked elsewhere. Why wouldn't them to make those ships to be the ones to build that new product? It would to be such a risk free experiment with some ships more than paid out from the shipyard... Oh, wait... They won't!... They're in the way forward to build Explora Journeys first!...

Have a nice day!...

Oh, and congrats the OP for the wonderful review!... And yeah, apart "that" dessert all that MDR food seems quite good for the price tag in question!... Keep the nice stuff coming so that we can at least to dream on our next sailing... For me it will to be only next year, if the usual Lisbon to Lisbon southern Med loops comes to fruition... We had the Splendida deployed for those... Now the Splendida was redeployed for the Funchal loops and no ship for Lisbon. Rumors are among the travel agents that we will to get the Seaview... Hope so!...

• Like 1

My starterS:

Seafood cocktail ( Shrimps are peeled this time!)

624FB790-1938-4913-822E-1ADEF2C4ACFE.thumb.jpeg.6662b4aab9575f4205ace36a5b470fc8.jpeg
was a bit bland… after asking for another piece of lemon it was good though!

AND:

0A09B24F-5682-46E5-84AE-55691C92626C.thumb.jpeg.89f4c96a63537c4f4d272d056ac55f4b.jpeg

Rock lobster bisque… sadly totally bland… like really… tasted like thick water…