Flowers

The beautiful boquets of flowers throughout the ship has always been one of my favorite things.  They have not been mentioned by recent cruisers so I will ask if they have been discontinued?  I hope they are a continung tradition.

Marcia

Agree with you, but, in my most recent HAL cruises, the arrangements have been reduced in number.  And, they have become quite "modern"  (I think of them as being "odd") in how they are constructed.  I, also, would be interested in learning what recent NA cruisers have observed.  

8 minutes ago, kazu said:

Well, one thing I can report (I haven’t sailed on a ship since B.C. - Before Covid) is if you order flowers for someone the arrangements are exquisite.

BFF1929B-278A-44DC-B4D4-D24CC9BB7D14.thumb.jpeg.ec76171e7aafde65be515e17c4c0f2ec.jpeg

I was planning on ordering my own for the next cruise as a celebration for the new era AC (after Covid)😉

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I was planning on ordering my own for the next cruise as a celebration for the new era AC (after Covid)😉

We all deserve them 🙂 

there are other options on board but I wasn’t sailing so relegated to the choices on the website.  I was pleased with the arrangement.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

The front desk staff will have a folder with photos of various floral arrangements, or the concierge if you are in a Neptune/.Pinnacle suite.  If you wish for something different you can request to speak to the florist to arrange your purchase, I have always found the florists to be very helpful.

• Like 1

In my experience, the florists have always been willing to work with you to customize the designs in the standard catalog. I think they like the challenge. It probably gets a little boring making the same designs over and over.

The flowers on HAL have always been a good value, IMO.

• Like 4

On 9/12/2021 at 7:10 PM, kazu said:

Before Covid) is if you order flowers for someone the arrangements are exquisite.

That's been my experience as well.  Just beautiful arrangements and at a reasonable price.

Their in stateroom Christmas tree options are well priced and very attractive.  I took home the one that I ordered for our Prinsendam Christmas/New Year's Cruise and enjoy it each holiday season.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I usually go to the front desk on embarkation day and talk to them and tell them to have the florist make his own arrangement-and go with the freshest flowers, or whatever is the "smelliest" or something Christmasy" or "use star lilies."  I have never been disappointed-and I've had some highly original arrangements-one even had a big piece of driftwood in it!  I have loved every one, and they always lasted 10-14 days!

• Like 5

On 10/8/2021 at 9:04 AM, HollDoll said:

I’m so glad to read this thread.  I’ve been debating whether to order flowers for our cabin on our upcoming cruise next month…I now feel confident in doing so.  Thanks for the good input!

I ordered some to surprise my mom. We really enjoyed having them to brighten up the room. They lasted the entire week and we were planning to take them home since we live locally in Seattle before realizing that you cannot take that sort of thing through customs even though we never really went to a foreign country.

A210142F-6358-4126-B62D-7AC2F8457F04_1_105_c.jpeg