Buffet ?

pajazz28

6 minutes ago, pajazz28 said:

How was the buffet? Were you comfort eating there? What new steps are they taking? How many onboard? Were most people wearing mask? 

Fair

Yes

New steps? Like what? They serve you bacon

Think like 2700 or so, never heard an exact figure and Donkey said he didn't know (which is BS, of course)

Yes, where they were supposed to and needed to.

We are careful people, mid-50's, vaccinated with a fresh grandchild, we're not taking chances, yet we felt comfortable. We don't drink, so we don't hang out in bars or close company of strangers.

I think CCL is taking enough care and due diligence. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EngIceDave said:

Fair

Yes

New steps? Like what? They serve you bacon

Think like 2700 or so, never heard an exact figure and Donkey said he didn't know (which is BS, of course)

Yes, where they were supposed to and needed to.

We are careful people, mid-50's, vaccinated with a fresh grandchild, we're not taking chances, yet we felt comfortable. We don't drink, so we don't hang out in bars or close company of strangers.

I think CCL is taking enough care and due diligence. 

Except when it goes on ba-cation!!!!  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

2 and I believe 6....2 is lobster and 6 is filet mignon

10 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

2 and I believe 6....2 is lobster and 6 is filet mignon

On the July 24th trip it was day 2 and 5 (day 5 surprised me a tad thinking it was going to day 6)

Again, we found the buffet fine - especially the aft one - way less crowded and cravery, plus the Deli is there too....it was clean and self serve expect bacon and the cravery......

Cookies we great oo - up front buffet area.

We went to deck 11 for Italian for two lunches - very good too.

White pizza was awesome and did not try the Seafood shack (bu will Oct 30th trip), nor the BBQ place - heard mixed reviews on that place.

1 hour ago, vegasgal47 said:

Thanks.  What a shame.  They are making everything so strict with all these protocols and then they have self serve??  What is wrong with them?  

To be fair, all of the buffets on land (at least that I have seen) are back to normal, and people serve themselves. The only exception I have seen is at AIs in other countries. 

On 9/12/2021 at 7:58 PM, vegasgal47 said:

Were they still doing self-serve?  I heard most other cruise lines are serving you which I would be more comfortable with at this time.

Pride was a mix.  The taco bar was self serve only for the sauce/condiment bar. Salad bar was self serve.  Carving station was strange - self serve for some items and crew-serve for others.  Most of the other places were unchanged (e.g., Guys yucky burgers)

On 9/13/2021 at 7:10 PM, teknoge3k said:

To be fair, all of the buffets on land (at least that I have seen) are back to normal, and people serve themselves. The only exception I have seen is at AIs in other countries. 

Same is true of buffets here (near Atlanta).   Masking is encouraged and sanitizer is available; some have disposable gloves to use for serving utensils.  

But, MANY things have to go wrong for someone to contract COVID from surface (or "fomite") contacts alone.   As CDC states:

"Findings of these studies suggest that the risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection via the fomite [surface] transmission route is low, and generally less than 1 in 10,000, which means that each contact with a contaminated surface has less than a 1 in 10,000 chance of causing an infection."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/surface-transmission.html

• Like 1

Personally I noticed many changes. Things were moved from before. No desserts were set out. Only had cakes and such you lined up to have a piece cut. Servers were behind plexiglass. Pizza was walled in there with the heat from the oven. I felt sorry for the guy. Deli behind plexiglass, you had to reach thru a crack to get a cookie.  

There was a section of pre made salads. Didnt try them, didnt know what was on them and I'm picky. But one who back section where there used to be desserts was pre made salads. People act like it's the same as before .. not to me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

People act like it's the same as before .. not to me. 

This is the most detailed first hand report of covid precautions at the buffet I have read here on CC. This will help us transition from our pre-covid cruises and better know what to expect. Next month we sail Panorama. Now I wonder how the gelato will be served next to the cake station? 

1gelato.jpg