Latest P&O re Cruise checklist for cruise 25th Sept

Technoman2

Remember to do the following before you travel:

tick.gif

Check your details are up to date in My P&O Cruises

tick.gif

Link your booking with your travelling group (if relevant)

tick.gif

Obtain evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status

tick.gif

Arrange appropriate travel insurance and have proof of your policy

tick.gif

Register for the UK government's Passenger Locator Form (PLF). This applies to all cruises calling at ports outside the UK

tick.gif

Book a PCR test ready to take two days after you return home in the UK for all guests aged five years and above. Again, this applies to all cruises calling at ports outside the UK. All testing required for entry into the UK or country of disembarkation will be organised on board but you must organise the day two PCR test yourself. This is a requirement of the UK government and it is essential that you book it in advance as you need to provide the booking reference on the PLF

tick.gif

Bring a data-enabled device (e.g. smartphone or tablet) to complete the PLF re-entry documentation for holidays calling at ports outside the UK

tick.gif

Print e-tickets, boarding passes and luggage labels

tick.gif

Pre-book on-board activities in My P&O Cruises

tick.gif

Complete the Health Declaration in My P&O Cruises between one and three days before your holiday

tick.gif

Pack face masks and hand sanitiser

tick.gif

Pack black tie evening wear for Celebration Night

I think i will wait at least another week to book the Day 2 PCR  test as the government are considering removing the need  for this for people who are double jabbed. 

16 minutes ago, Technoman2 said:

Remember to do the following before you travel:

tick.gif

Check your details are up to date in My P&O Cruises

tick.gif

Link your booking with your travelling group (if relevant)

tick.gif

Obtain evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status

tick.gif

Arrange appropriate travel insurance and have proof of your policy

tick.gif

Register for the UK government's Passenger Locator Form (PLF). This applies to all cruises calling at ports outside the UK

tick.gif

Book a PCR test ready to take two days after you return home in the UK for all guests aged five years and above. Again, this applies to all cruises calling at ports outside the UK. All testing required for entry into the UK or country of disembarkation will be organised on board but you must organise the day two PCR test yourself. This is a requirement of the UK government and it is essential that you book it in advance as you need to provide the booking reference on the PLF

tick.gif

Bring a data-enabled device (e.g. smartphone or tablet) to complete the PLF re-entry documentation for holidays calling at ports outside the UK

tick.gif

Print e-tickets, boarding passes and luggage labels

tick.gif

Pre-book on-board activities in My P&O Cruises

tick.gif

Complete the Health Declaration in My P&O Cruises between one and three days before your holiday

tick.gif

Pack face masks and hand sanitiser

tick.gif

Pack black tie evening wear for Celebration Night

I think i will wait at least another week to book the Day 2 PCR  test as the government are considering removing the need  for this for people who are double jabbed. 

I read that they were going to remove the day 2 PCR test requirement and replace it with a lateral flow test. The main driver for this seems to be that a lateral flow test is cheaper so you may still have to go through the registration/booking process, time will tell.. i have also read that many people buy the cheapest home PCR test because they want the booking reference and won't bother to actually do the test. a bit like lateral flow tests, people can lie when reporting the result. Also reports today that up to a third of returning passengers may be breaking home isolation rules.

Finally as I mentioned before, I find the last tick box amusing, almost suggesting it is mandatory 😁

5 hours ago, davecttr said:

Also reports today that up to a third of returning passengers may be breaking home isolation rules.

Unless they are not double jabbed, then there is no isolation requirement on return from green/amber countries.

18 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

We are on this cruise. I have managed to tick off most things on the list. I have printed the e-tickets and luggage labels but cannot print the boarding cards. Would we be able to pick them at the terminal?

Yes we were able to collect a ticket from the check in deck for our 4 night Britannia cruise in July.

39 minutes ago, bobmon said:

Can anyone tell me how I "Register for a Passenger Locator Form (PLF)" as I was under the impression that you could not complete one of these until 48 hours before your return to the UK

It is all on this gov site. You have the choice of registering for a single journey or multiple journeys. RYou will need to order a post holiday day 2 test before you egister because you need the reference number. So you can part fill in the form and complete and submit it within 48 hours before arriving back in the UK.

Fill in your passenger locator form - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, davecttr said:

It is all on this gov site. You have the choice of registering for a single journey or multiple journeys. RYou will need to order a post holiday day 2 test before you egister because you need the reference number. So you can part fill in the form and complete and submit it within 48 hours before arriving back in the UK.

Fill in your passenger locator form - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

You can register for the PLF and input your personal details (name, address, passport, NHS number etc) any time as you say, but you do not need a day two test reference to do that. 

You then fill in the details for the specific journey before arrival back into the UK.  Cruise lines will give details nearer cruise date, but not until about a couple of weeks before as things can easily change, so not worth doing anything else until details have been sent out for the individual cruise. 

Edited by tring