My wife and I are cruising soon since we have finally cleared the hurdles to cruise overseas to Italy.  We have waited until now due to the uncertainty of ability based on the countries policies and American visitors.  This was a trip that was planned for 9/2020 and pushed to 9/2021.  The flights and cruise were paid for and simply moved to new departure dates.  The pre and post hotels are reserved and is set to be paid upon arrival or cancelled within 24 hours of arrival. We are fully vaccinated but playing devils advocate, if we were to test positive and be forced to quarantine in Italy.  Is there a policy that would cover the cost associated with extended stay costs (hotel, food, etc.)? Can someone please help?

On 9/13/2021 at 1:46 PM, pkp304 said:

My wife and I are cruising soon since we have finally cleared the hurdles to cruise overseas to Italy.  We have waited until now due to the uncertainty of ability based on the countries policies and American visitors.  This was a trip that was planned for 9/2020 and pushed to 9/2021.  The flights and cruise were paid for and simply moved to new departure dates.  The pre and post hotels are reserved and is set to be paid upon arrival or cancelled within 24 hours of arrival. We are fully vaccinated but playing devils advocate, if we were to test positive and be forced to quarantine in Italy.  Is there a policy that would cover the cost associated with extended stay costs (hotel, food, etc.)? Can someone please help?

Hi pkp304,

I'm sorry about the delay responding to this.

> We are fully vaccinated but playing devils advocate, if we were to test positive and be forced to quarantine in Italy.  Is there a policy that would cover the cost associated with extended stay costs (hotel, food, etc.)?

I can't speak to how all plans will work, but ll our plans cover covid the same as any illness. This has never changed because epidemics and pandemics were never excluded. Here are my recent Blog posts about Covid and how you are covered:

I hope this helps,

Steve Dasseos