Silver Shadow - Australia/NZ Cancelled

HenryR

1 hour ago, HenryR said:

Just been informed that the Australia/New Zealand cruises for Jan/Feb/March 2022 have been cancelled.

Yep ... we had 46 days on the Shadow B2B2B in March/April of next year booked. All were just cancelled. Not sure where the Shadow and Muse will be positioned during this period. 😟😕

3 minutes ago, Lirio said:

In SS website is showing wait list to all Australia/NZ cruises for 2022. 

Does the software somehow prevent SS from just saying a cruise has been cancelled when it is cancelled?  Why pretend there is a "waitlist", which is not true?

They have also known for over a week on their Antarctica cruises that they will not be sailing out of Ishuia, but out of Chile instead, and it is still not on their website.

Such chicanery does not inspire trust, but unfortunately all the lines are engaging in it.

1 hour ago, Catlover54 said:

Such chicanery does not inspire trust, but unfortunately all the lines are engaging in it.

Why is it chicanery?  I would have thought it was just old-fashioned inefficiency or slowness.

And in Australia at the moment all the Shadow cruises are still bookable. We are even further behind. That is inefficiency as they appear to be cancelled!

Edited by turtlemichael
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Catlover54 said:

Does the software somehow prevent SS from just saying a cruise has been cancelled when it is cancelled?  Why pretend there is a "waitlist", which is not true?

They have also known for over a week on their Antarctica cruises that they will not be sailing out of Ishuia, but out of Chile instead, and it is still not on their website.

First, this is a company whose entire IT system was down for nearly two weeks. You might imagine that has caused a bit of a backlog across most departments at Silversea.

For the Antarctica cruises, they have to update each one. (It's not just changing the website; it's updating every cruise document for every passenger.) And some of the cruises are being reversed to go to the Falkland Islands last rather than first. That's lots of details to take care of. 

Now add to it that they are in the process of canceling several months of cruises for several ships. But it's not just about canceling them. They want to have alternate cruises available to offer to passengers whose cruises are being canceled. OF course, they would prefer to roll customers to a new booking rather than refunding cash, which benefits them, but they also want to provide the best options possible for disappointed customers, which benefits customers. For instance, if they can offer the same cruise, or something very similar, next year or in 2023, they're probably working to create as many of those options as possible before they announce the cancelations. 

I wouldn't call any of that chicanery.

• Like 5

I was on the Silver Shadow on Nov 24. Just was notiifed this trip was cancelled. HOWEVER, there is another trip on the website leaving on the same day on the same ship with the same itinerary for the first eleven days for more money.  Ladies and Gentlemen, THAT is chicanery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1hotflyer said:

I was on the Silver Shadow on Nov 24. Just was notiifed this trip was cancelled. HOWEVER, there is another trip on the website leaving on the same day on the same ship with the same itinerary for the first eleven days for more money.  Ladies and Gentlemen, THAT is chicanery.

So they replaced an 11-day cruise with a 24-day cruise? Where was your port of disembarkation supposed to have been?

• Like 1

To annoyed posters (and as a much cancelled cruiser I do understand your feelings) - is it possible that SS hasn’t fully updated it’s website yet?

They are well known for contacting affected pax directly well before getting around to making the website accurate. 

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, flyingshoes said:

Oz residents only?

I don’t believe it’s limited to that - the gating factor will be what the Australian Government dictate for overseas visitors entry to NZ eg quarantine on arrival requirement

At the moment it’s very hard to get in due to bailable spaces in traveller funded quarantine hotels - but that’s all due to change by December when 80%+ of the adult population will be double vaccinated 

On 9/15/2021 at 2:10 PM, moraira said:

I had an email from SS cancelling the 2 legs I had booked on Silver Shadow out of Athens on Nov 24

Yet this cruise was still advertised at least until yesterday.Available to book.As 1hotflyer said.Our November 24th cruise was cancelled on September 13th.Athens to Aqaba.2 days later it was up for booking with extension to Mumbai. 

4 hours ago, PinonNoir said:

With the recent videos coming out of Melbourne, Australia just slid way way down our bucket list, so I'm glad this was canceled. We'll spend our money elsewhere.

A bit harsh. You do realise this is an extremely small minority protesting and even that has fizzled out. So no other country has had to deal with loud, unruly protesters this year?😏

• Like 6