Masks

DreamingOfSunnyDays

1 hour ago, DreamingOfSunnyDays said:

Are face masks required on QE at the moment?

if so whereabouts?

They certainly are ! 

It's mandatory when walking from 'one venue to another', however , maybe  removed when seated.

Common sense prevails when out on the open decks . 

They are mandatory when in the Theatre at all times. Cunard take these procedures very seriously .   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bell Boy said:

They certainly are ! 

It's mandatory when walking from 'one venue to another', however , maybe  removed when seated.

Common sense prevails when out on the open decks . 

They are mandatory when in the Theatre at all times. Cunard take these procedures very seriously .   

Has anyone been thrown off the ship and banned for life for refusing? No? Then they don't take them seriously at all.

• Like 1

I don't really think this hangs together.

Has anyone refused, as opposed to forgotten, to wear one? We don't know.

Throwing people off the ship on a cruise with no ports would be exceedingly stringent. But, again, we don't know whether anyone has been left at a port. And it seems a strange criterion for whether they are taking something seriously. Why not confine them to their cabin, if you are felling punitive? And wouldn't people who actually refused do so at check in and not be allowed to board?

We simply don't know enough, I feel.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DreamingOfSunnyDays said:

Brill, thanks everyone. 

one more question that I’ve asked in the spa topic…..are all the facilities open in the spa, eg pools, sauna, steam room?

On the 20th August cruise the sauna/steam room was not open but the spa pool was. 

11 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Has anyone been thrown off the ship and banned for life for refusing? No? Then they don't take them seriously at all.

I get the impression Cunard are taking protocols very seriously. Banning for life would be creating an issue which could well be resolved onboard and throwing passengers off the ship mid a no-port cruise could also create a problem or two. I think the plank went out of fashion a couple of centuries ago. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When onboard last week, I heard of no dissenters! A mask is easily forgotten when moving from open decks, but all was taken in humour … rushing to find one in your bag or halfway down the stairs and nipping back to room.

This was a condition of booking the staycation cruises: we felt very safe as did others. Maybe this element of cruising will be extended, as we just do not know how this COVID disease will progress.
If it does become mandatory and anyone has a severe issue to the wearing of a mask, just avoid cruising!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

I get the impression Cunard are taking protocols very seriously. Banning for life would be creating an issue which could well be resolved onboard and throwing passengers off the ship mid a no-port cruise could also create a problem or two. I think the plank went out of fashion a couple of centuries ago. 🙂

There's always keel-hauling, if needed.