Cunard

HAL

MSC

Oceania

Crystal

Staten Island Ferry

Hong Kong Star Ferry

Weehawken Ferry

I can't remember; is all your travel via cruises?

African Safari Club (now defunct)

Azamara

Celebrity

Cunard

Clarkson Holidays (now defunct)

Fred. Olsen

Galapagos Tourism (now defunct)

Holland America

Marella (Thomson)

MSC

Noble Caledonian

Norwegian

Oceania

P&O Australia

P&O UK

Princess

Regent Seven Seas

Voyages of Discovery (now defunct)

Saga Cruises and Hurtigruten booked

Plus a number of river cruise lines, and a few ferries. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What's the definition of a cruise line?

Can for example Hurtigruten be called a cruiseline? Most (all?) of their ships are ferries and they mainly provide transportation along the Norwegian coast. They also have "real" cruises so are they a cruiseline? Most people in Sweden have probably been on "a cruise" on Viking Line or Silja Line to Finland but for me that is not a cruise. Can they still be called cruiselines?

Carnival

Celebrity

Azamara

Royal Caribbean

Holland America

AMA Waterways

Uniworld

Silversea

The Big Red Boat.........omg.......almost forgot that one...went on that one back in the 80s to celebrate my divorce LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sad to say that many of the lines are no longer sailing

Italian Line

French Line

Greek Line

Sitmar

HAL

Princess

Celebrity

Crystal

Celebrity

Chandris

Louis

Cunard

NCL

MSC

Dolphin

Regency

Hawaiian 

Eporitiki

Home

Carnival

Costa

American Export

Viking

• Like 2

12 hours ago, clo said:

I can't remember; is all your travel via cruises?

Sort of, I think.  I lived in NYC but never had any need to ride the Staten Island ferry except or an excursion.  The Weehawken ferry rides were going to and from Manhattan to a cruise.  In Hong Kong, I always took the Harbor Cruise on the Star Ferry.  I suppose I should include the multiple times I took the Circle Line cruise around Manhattan…. And the many times that I have taken the faux riverboat sightseeing cruise on the Savannah River… EM

Azamara, Oceania, Orient, Furness Bermuda, NCL, HAL, Celebrity, Carnival, Princess, Royal Caribbean, Cunard and one or two others

- plus ferries:  

Connecticut River, Tyrennian,  New Bedford, Woods Hole, Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket,  Fire Island, Block Island, P & O,  Erie RR, D,L&W,  NY Central, 125th Street, Brooklyn-Staten Island, Staten Island, Bridgeport-Port Jefferson, Alligator River (NC), Little Creek, Cape May-Lewes and a couple others.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Sort of, I think.  I lived in NYC but never had any need to ride the Staten Island ferry except or an excursion.  The Weehawken ferry rides were going to and from Manhattan to a cruise.  In Hong Kong, I always took the Harbor Cruise on the Star Ferry.  I suppose I should include the multiple times I took the Circle Line cruise around Manhattan…. And the many times that I have taken the faux riverboat sightseeing cruise on the Savannah River… EM

Sorry. What I was asking is do you do any travel that doesn't have a cruise as part of it? With that long list it doesn't seem like you would have time.

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Princess

Carnival

Holland America

Norwegian

Royal Caribbean

We also sailed once on the Circle line, but I really do not count that as a cruise, at least not a cruise vacation. On my previous list, the first two lines were 3x each, and the last three were 2x each.

We also had a Princess cruise booked that was lost to the Pandemic, and a Uniworld river cruise that was chartered out from under us after we had made final payment.

12 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

I know that. Does that necessary mean that they can be called a cruiseline? I don't know the definition, that's why I asked.

Since this entire exercise is only for fun, I say people can list what they want.

However for me I would suggest that if a line has (or would have had, if they are no longer operating) a forum on Cruise Critic, and/or they are included in major guidebooks on cruising, then they should definitely be included.  So (in my mind anyway) Hurtigruten would be a YES but the Staten Island Ferry would be a NO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Since this entire exercise is only for fun, I say people can list what they want.

However for me I would suggest that if a line has (or would have had, if they are no longer operating) a forum on Cruise Critic, and/or they are included in major guidebooks on cruising, then they should definitely be included.  So (in my mind anyway) Hurtigruten would be a YES but the Staten Island Ferry would be a NO.

I absolutely agree with you, it's only fun and people can list what they want.

It's still interesting to know the definition of a cruiseline, I think.

• Like 1