Equinox 9/17 LIVE BLOG; Aqua Class - 1st Time Celebrity! Let’s Cruise!

TravelBluebird

Here's a reference to the Putnam one which does sound different than the other one in Nashville at mile marker 273:

THP: 1 dead after crash on I-40 W in Putnam County (msn.com)

and then one at mile marker 299:

Morning Crash On I-40 In Putnam County Shuts Down Both East And West Lanes For Hours | 102.5 WOW COUNTRY | Today's Country & the Legends! (1025wowcountry.com)

Here's a traffic map associated with the Nashville accident, but not sure where the Putnam accidents are or if the Nashville I40 blockage impacts your drive. In any event, stay safe!

Traffic | wsmv.com

Edited by Ken the cruiser

39 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

Well WAZE now says we WON’T make the flight,  We are going to give it another 40 minutes or so to see if traffic frees up, then pro-actively call SouthWest to change our flight to the later one.

Wow..that sucks!!! I am sure Southwest will try very hard to accommodate you. I have my fingers crossed for you..and sending you lots of POSITIVE vibes!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gbphipps said:

Fingers crossed you make the later flight without issue.  Good luck!  It’s a good thing you didn’t fly in the day of your cruise!

This is a perfect example of why you should never fly in the same day. You never know what can happen….not worth missing your cruise. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, gbphipps said:

Fingers crossed you make the later flight without issue.  Good luck!  It’s a good thing you didn’t fly in the day of your cruise!

Thank you! And this IS a case book of always leave early (especially for cruises); Murphy’s Law definitely in play today!

• Like 1

Really not moving; still slim chance we’ll make our booked flight.  Waze alternate routes too congested to save any real time.

We have now been in the car for 4 hours on what is normally a 2.5 hour drive and we are still 85 miles from the airport.

Different hour; same view:

29DE6343-F1FC-40AD-A7DD-9AEEC656A3D7.jpeg

Edited by TravelBluebird
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

Really not moving; still slim chance we’ll make our booked flight.  Waze alternate routes too congested to save any real time.

We have now been in the car for 4 hours on what is normally a 2.5 hour drive and we are still 85 miles from the airport.

Different hour; same view:

29DE6343-F1FC-40AD-A7DD-9AEEC656A3D7.jpeg

You might want to check on flights for tomorrow morning...I am so sorry this is happening to you.

I am so sorry this has happened to you. I'd have no nails left.

WNcruiser beat me to it!  I'm sure you'll be joining the "day ahead flyers" if you haven't already.

I hope you can phone Southwest now to get a seat on the later flight.  I imagine there will be  mad scramble for seats on that flight.  Can they fill the plane or do they have to observe distancing?

I will be watching you sail so make sure you wave!  I'll be at my desk which is where I sail from these days.  Drat.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SonuvaBeach said:

You might want to check on flights for tomorrow morning...I am so sorry this is happening to you.

I’ve travelled enough to “roll with the punches,”  When you leave enough extra time, its not so bad.

That said; we’ll definitely make the later flight; we are on the definite wire on the earlier one; we should arrive about 55 minutes before flight time; going to pay for Valet parking and give it a go!

22 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

I don’t normally take photos of bad traffic accidents, but since you are all on this journey with me:

Last truck left from the accident. OMG

All the other cars were cleared; both lanes blocked all traffic was diverted to shoulder.

393E23D6-2102-48FE-9487-50622B005489.jpeg

Oh my God....

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Hang in there..we are all rooting for you to arrive safely for your flt!

And secure the back up if you can..

Made it! No picture cause we are aisle and middle WAY back in the plane; got here during boarding. YAY! Thanks for all your encouragement  — its already been a LONG day.   

Planning for dinner at The Indian Harbor; we are a WEE bit hangry; were planning to have brunch/lunch at the airport!

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, TravelBluebird said:

Made it! No picture cause we are aisle and middle WAY back in the plane; got here during boarding. YAY! Thanks for all your encouragement  — its already been a LONG day.   

Planning for dinner at The Indian Harbor; we are a WEE bit hangry; were planning to have brunch/lunch at the airport!

And no speeding tickets? 😇