Music onboard

aprilsp88

People were dancing on my cruise last month on the Majestic. They had one band, Ocean Boulevard, that played in the Vista Lounge most nights and sometimes in the piazza. The Pacific Trio also played in the piazza and other venues around the ship. A violin duo also played in the piazza as well as a pianist. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@geoherbGreat to know this! Did people wear mask when dancing or listening to the music? Do you recall if take 5 is open? Thanks.

37 minutes ago, geoherb said:

People were dancing on my cruise last month on the Majestic. They had one band, Ocean Boulevard, that played in the Vista Lounge most nights and sometimes in the piazza. The Pacific Trio also played in the piazza and other venues around the ship. A violin duo also played in the piazza as well as a pianist. 

1 hour ago, aprilsp88 said:

You're right. Just googled and found there is no disco place on Majestic. But as long as there is live music, I'm happy.

Live music yes but we really don't care about a waaaaaaaaaaaay too loud Disco playing music we don't care for. We generally don't frequent venues like Skywalker's when the music is blaring unless it's configured so there are two sides and one can sit in a somewhat quieter place. I did hit Skywalker's late at night pretty much every night for 28 days on Emerald Princess. It was totally dead with no people and no music. Just me and the crew and the crew would be calling in to ask if they can close up because nobody was there. Only during the last 10 days (all sea days) did I see people in Skywalker's late at night and even then it was a very sparse crowd.  We also never hang around in Explorer's when it gets late and they have a DJ. It always amazes us when a performer in Wheelhouse ends and they fire up a DJ. I think they try to pull out "old" songs for the old passengers but their idea of "old" songs is stuff from my kid's era rather than from mine (and I'm not nearly as old as some Princess cruisers).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Thrak said:

We also never hang around in Explorer's when it gets late and they have a DJ. It always amazes us when a performer in Wheelhouse ends and they fire up a DJ. 

I never saw DJ in Explorer or wheelhouse. Must be a different CD. Once I was the only person in wheelhouse, and the lady asked me if they could skip the show.

There was a DJ up in the hollywood conservatory on the Majestic last month.  I know this because our cabin was directly below it.  I heard the music but it's my understanding that not many people showed up. (It was like from 10:30-1AM I think). 

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2021 at 11:32 PM, aprilsp88 said:

I never saw DJ in Explorer or wheelhouse. Must be a different CD. Once I was the only person in wheelhouse, and the lady asked me if they could skip the show.

For a DJ in Explorers you have to be up late. After the last show (or whatever) they announce the DJ as everybody leaves. In Wheelhouse they tend to just go to recorded music but it's still too "new" for us most of the time.

• Thanks 1