Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage
Rotterdam Anchorage

0915Alaska.thumb.png.ca23014a6ebb17b630d7fd99f26e06c7.png

0915NAmerica.thumb.png.07e163490f4b8b2ac8d2267f46aebe23.png

0915Europe.thumb.png.46c3e85e30221aac384256eb1c9107a1.png

• Like 32
  • Thanks 8

Thank you for the hump day Daily, Rich.  Wishing the best to all who celebrate Yom Kippur.  I won;t make a hat and it won't be felt but they provide protection from the sun.  I like the Emerson quote and the meal.  I have not been to Fanning Island.  Tomorrow is getaway day for my high school reunion so it will be a very busy day and morning tomorrow.  I hope I'm not getting too sloppy on the lists.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
cat shepard’s friend undergoing chemo for stage four cancer
dfish friend Donna recovering from hip surgery
irishjim and kplady recovering in hospital
Lady Hudson’s BIL awaiting rehab
Sam recovering from small stroke hospitalized until medication levels adjusted
Those affected by Nicholas
Jose with muscle spasm and caregiver Kazu
From the rotation:
HAL Sailor DH health issues
Scout Jamie C recovering from major surgery

Celebrations and Shoutouts

2 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Notseh2o visit with mom
Overhead Fred at the Cottage and negative
Getaway for segarsmoker
lindaler visiting Alabama son
new photo of Camila
SusieKislandGirl in Colorado with grandsons
Safe travels to Icand9223 leaving Thursday for River cruise
my negative test and coming high school reunion
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 32
  • Thanks 6

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Happy Hump Day.

Blessed Yom Kippur.

I wear a hat on sunny days, but it's not felt.  Not sure I could make my own hat, but it's an interesting idea.

Love the quote.

The meal sounds good, but I'm going to put a turkey breast in the slow cooker for our dinner tonight.

Hope the drink and the wine are good.

Never been to Fanning Island, hope there are lots of pictures and comments.

@rafinmdThanks for the lists.  Hope you have a wonderful reunion.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Stay safe.

• Like 22

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Roy, thank you for keeping our lists. 
A busy morning for me today, so I will check back in later. Hope @kpladyand @irishjimare both resting comfortably. 

Roy, enjoy your reunion. Safe travels. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Scott Base Pinot Noir Central Otago 2016

Both the 2016 & 2017 vintages of this New Zealand Pinot Noir share the same excellent ratings. And reasonable prices. I found several online distributors with prices starting at $22.99.

Winemaker Notes

#21 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2018

This is the family’s favorite variety, with loads of concentrated berry fruit and wild herbs. It is perfectly balanced with fine acidity and length, just what you would expect out of this region.

Ideal with pâtés and salami, this wine matches beautifully with beef and lamb dishes, and try also pairing with game. Don’t be afraid to serve with a dark chocolate mousse either. Drink now or cellar for up to 5 years.

WS93 Wine Spectator:  Smooth, silky raspberry coulis and maraschino cherry notes are impressive for their purity, with accents of white chocolate, thyme, red licorice and cedar. Spicy cigar box accents emerge on the long, expressive and detailed finish. Drink now through 2028. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 4

Good morning everyone and happy Yom Kippur to those that celebrate.  I can make a paper hat but not one out of felt.  Lots of quality of life quotes lately and this one is near the top.  The chicken and rice dish sounds nice.  I haven’t been to today’s port and look forward to the photos.  Prayers to all in need and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event today.  Safe travels tomorrow @rafinmd, hope you have a great time at your reunion.

• Like 20

Thank you for the daily and lists for today.  Missed yesterday completely...work consumed the day.

A blessed Yom Kippur to those who observe.  Love the 'hat' days...I've always been a fan of a great hat, just hate that it flattens out my hair.  

Chicken and rice is one of my favorite combinations so looking forward to seeing today's recipe.  Love a good pinot noir too (who am I kidding...I love most wines!).  Have not been to today's port but always fascinated of the stories and pictures I've seen others share.  Can't wait to see it through all of your lives and lenses.

Hoping to get home at a decent hour today and NOT have to open the work computer.  

Prayers to those on the care list, shout-outs to those celebrating!

@rafinmd hope you have a wonderful time at your reunion!

• Like 26

Good morning. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

Wishing all who celebrate a blessed Yom Kippur. I am knitting a burp cloth, so I probably won't make a hat today. Don't have any felt hats.

Great quote... quality over quantity.

Love chicken and rice, interested to see what extras this casserole might have in it.

@rafinmd the lists are top notch as usual.

Yesterday's blah feelings are gone, but woke up at 3:44 with a slight pain in my ear. We'll see if it goes away or if it progresses.

It is mid 60's here and it's just getting light out. We are supposed to get rain today through Friday, so an early walk is in order.

Have a wonderful Wednesday.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 24

I have no photos for my alternate menu suggestion but all of my choices were from the "Crystal Classics" section of the menu for September 15, 2016:

https://aroundamericabitbybit.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/menu0915.pdf

Today's alternate menu suggestion is Mixed Greens . Roasted American Prime Rib, Corn on the Cob, Baked Potato, and Strawberry Ice Cream as served on Crystal Serenity September 15, 2016.

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Hump Day smile 🙂 

Seems to be a day focused on hats.  I do like them but I don’t make them 😉 

A blessed Yom Kippur to all of our Jewish friends.

1199079A-A45C-4922-AC34-166E67A01A79.gif.f72be7d8044dc19891ba425604d51770.gif

Love the quote by Emerson.  

Easy Chicken & Rice Casserole - This first recipe is an easy one with only 4 ingredients & well rated -  https://www.spendwithpennies.com/chicken-rice-casserole/

BC04848E-8DEC-43E4-874D-89200889234D.thumb.jpeg.77b3589ab6b08eea867f220990f8df77.jpeg

This one is a nice alternative equally well rated with cheese - https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/one-pan-cheesy-chicken-rice/

4BDFB5D7-F56A-4E54-9133-99E887A74F60.thumb.jpeg.25068aea739118d1ea9481a1a03f7c86.jpeg

But  if I say chicken and rice, DH wants arroz con pollo.  This recipe while Puerto Rican is very close to the one I make for DH who as some of you know is of Spanish & Mexican heritage.  It’s more work but there’s nothing like saffron in rice (or as they call it in Barcelona, “shredded gold”) whether you are making this or paella. - https://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/puerto-rican-chicken-and-rice-arroz-con-pollo/

E4ACEE83-C240-4B60-8A7F-BEB7BD2FF250.thumb.jpeg.4bcdf5075d2431f54dc754edfbb49dc1.jpeg

Is anyone sorry I’m covering the recipes while Debbie is away yet 😆 😂 

We were supposed to go to Fanning Island and our roll call had collected all kinds of donations for them.  Sadly, the water was too rough to tender there so we only saw it from afar.

@puppycanducruiseI join you in prayers for Norm MacDonald & hope he RIP 😔 

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!!!!

09B53371-F878-4CC7-A95B-8742525689C8.thumb.jpeg.bf803f850ebcc11b3733e2382ca8145c.jpeg

Stay safe and don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 32
  • Thanks 3

Happy Hump Day!  Happy Yom Kippur.  I wear a hat in the sun, but have never made one.  I like the Emerson quote.  And the meal suggustion is just WOW! comfort food.  Have not been to today's port, as always, I look forward to the photos.

Prayers and toasts to our list and all of us.

Please continue to stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Astro pop:

An astro pop cocktail is a layered cocktail, mixed drink or shooter so named because it resembles the Astro Pop lollipop candy brand. Various recipes exist that use liquor and liqueurs to produce the drink. A version of the drink exists that is layered with red, white, and blue colors and served in a shot glass. Wikipedia
Ingredients: 1 oz. 151 Proof Rum, 1 oz. Créme de Banana, 1 oz. Grenadine, 1 oz. Melon Liqueur, 1 oz. Vodka
Preparation: Layer rum, Créme de Banana, grenadine, melon liquer, and vodka in a cocktail glass: slide a bar spoon up the side of cocktail glass, pouring slowly. Light top of drink with match, allow flame to extinguish
Served: Typically layered
Drinkware: Cocktail glass

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 8.07.56 AM.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 6

Morning all!  Interesting group of days today.  Happy Yom Kippur to those who celebrate.  The menu suggestion sounds and looks great.  Thanks @kazufor the nice variety of options available.  I agree with today's quote.  @rafinmdyou've done a fine job with the lists and good luck with all the preparations for your trip to the reunion.  @richwmnthank for posting our Daily and we experienced a rosy sunrise this morning too.  I pointed it out on the walk back from the gym.  Rain expected before long from Nicholas.  Prayers for all on our Care list and congrats to those celebrating.  

We were blessed with decent weather for our stop at Fanning Island on the Maasdam on April 6, 2017.  Like Jacqui a large number of passengers had collected items to donate to the citizens of the little island.  I personally brought about 3 dozen ziploc bags with small toothpaste tubes, a toothbrush and dental floss, which we turned over to a classroom of students at the school.  Others collected school supplies to give to the kids.

Upon arrival at the dock, we were met with many locals singing for us.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIS_KJ8odOVECCZVeccOktw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590486

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIv9VR156QPz5CBg25WGVKM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590488

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIQ47EYrCjPlAA5kXQjpr_f?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590493

Some people were dressed in native costumes so that we could have our photos taken with them.  Donations always accepted with a smile.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK8YIJr3ngEQpNxoe-Rz3Kq?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590498

Locally made goods were laid out on tables and offered to us at a good price.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLmuMPnRY6hWK8TS-cLPClo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590507

Here we are at the school00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKPMPxqTGZQS_mIcq02R6sP?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494246197

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKVESzKZHuATeJCAqRwHsK-?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590595

I think the kids enjoyed visitors once in a while to break up their lessons.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIKgn6-NewOmHRU6Xs8CWdO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590575

This roomful began singing a song for us.  It was great!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKG0_XTkUgJF0oi1JgUSKL8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590580

I'll post this now and come back with more photos of the locality and people we saw along the way.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 37
  • Thanks 1

Here is someone's home on Fanning Island.  Up off the ground and hopefully the roof didn't let rain in.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJv_2_9Yapjn_uyef98LZTi?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590514

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVzqaSTqaOaRQjjeDpWYlf?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590538

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJuLkrDv08umcAP19HjeA54?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590542

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIXT1tsdSBnnn1MGOPG6g7q?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590547

I don't know if you can tell but by this point it was showering so we stepped under an overhang at a building along the road.  Five or ten minutes later the rain stopped.  

How do you like the fence they made?  Pretty neat!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKF7pJN3XAk3_wXkD97oIPr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590552

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKEGBNNkiCQBNfkZyMPUdjo?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590549

This is the sign pointing the direction to the school we visited and that I posted about before.  It was named after the cruise line that helped fund it years before.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL_Srh4uHtJ5PSe3DLORvBt?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590561

This is what the road looks like.  Already dried up from the rain.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVK-vdHs2C1ypsDnA1fKSNEv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590610

Some passengers paid for a ride around the island to view it instead of walking.  00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIEtVMehR6Zxouo24IJYn77?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590608

A boat left near the shore.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVINUHx2IkFOB5RqByqTIIC7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590627

If someone here knows what this area is for I'd like to know.  No one was there to ask. 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKfSriiyTaSV7wEpna2x5jV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590627

We ended up seeing a group of small children ready to sing and dance for passersby.  Donation bucket there for you to help out.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLwVV9ds98FgTw-icOfmGz8?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590667

Love the grass skirts!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJgtW1qdyeuc9KQDiP2Vr5M?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494246298

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIFl9ZTLFNgORhIwWq9nTz_?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1631710172

A stop to look at the handmade items.  Bring lots of dollar bills when you stop at Fanning Island!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKAi6ptg_EiPOuxgT-ZG_Ex?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590690

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLgf2XwtW9Rf_T9wROHOUy2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590695

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLGJDVhgHRQoqo7ZMYaAki6?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590507

Getting ready to leave, this is the view next to the dock.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVL_EeSMw68jWBX8W6aHQvF2?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590702

And this is a cool place to wait near the dock.  That looks like Kainoa sitting there.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLEuxPKnXuzRbc3htNXH0Xv?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590707

Goodbye Ladies!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJRnFlWR6I1rwt2ko6UAdnR?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1494246328

Please excuse the dirty windows on the tender which made my pictures turn out less than stellar.  This is the view as our tender headed back to the Maasdam.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJq4G-52pfXVlhJk0075hZ4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590780

That was the Maasdam above right waiting for our arrival back.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIhv5rS90sxAHN4TEQuFnNd?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1493590802

It was a very nice visit to this remote island and well worth the long tender ride.  I hope many of you can stop there sometime on your South Pacific cruise.  

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone from a warm and sunny day at the beach.

A very Happy and blessed Yom Kippur to those observing. 

I wear hats but have never made one. 

Chicken and rice is what I had already planned on having for dinner today. Have to look at the different recipes.

We were at Fanning Island on the Eurodam in 2019.  My pictures are pretty much the same as @StLouisCruisers.  It was a very rocky trip on the tender. DH stayed on board with DD. Really not advisable for someone in a wheelchair.  It was a great experience, the people are very welcoming. We had also collected a lot of supplies through our roll call. I brought a lot of school supplies.  At the school, the teacher told us she had gone to New Zealand for her education and then returned to the island. The students sang "Row, row your boat". It was wonderful. If you ever get a chance to go there, go. So many people on the ship didnt go over because they thought it was a waste of time. Very sad for them.

Water aerobics this AM.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 23

2 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning Everyone from a warm and sunny day at the beach.

A very Happy and blessed Yom Kippur to those observing. 

I wear hats but have never made one. 

Chicken and rice is what I had already planned on having for dinner today. Have to look at the different recipes.

We were at Fanning Island on the Eurodam in 2019.  My pictures are pretty much the same as @StLouisCruisers.  It was a very rocky trip on the tender. DH stayed on board with DD. Really not advisable for someone in a wheelchair.  It was a great experience, the people are very welcoming. We had also collected a lot of supplies through our roll call. I brought a lot of school supplies.  At the school, the teacher told us she had gone to New Zealand for her education and then returned to the island. The students sang "Row, row your boat". It was wonderful. If you ever get a chance to go there, go. So many people on the ship didnt go over because they thought it was a waste of time. Very sad for them.

Water aerobics this AM.

Stay safe and enjoy today

I totally agree with your assessment of Fanning Island.  Go!

Don't you have a rocket (or something) blasting off today from Cape Canaveral?  Eyes to the sky!🚀

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning! Feeling a little bruised after telling it like it was on another post.😁More rain in the forecast, in fact lots of rain. Nicholas is gushing.

Thanks Rich and others for our daily Daily!

Don’t feel bruised.  You were honest and if a certain someone doesn’t want to hear it then just ignore them - virtually or literally - whichever suits you 🙂 

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

Good morning Rich and Daily-ites. Thanks for my morning sunshine!

My goodness Sandi, you need to write a travel guide! You've been everywhere and keep such detailed notes. Thanks so much for sharing. 

Blessed Yom Kippur to our friends. Jacqui I'm copying your last rice dish. It sounds incredible! No to flaming drinks! 

When we lived in Montana there was a famous cowboy hat maker in Darby. He was amazing. Many country singers ordered from him. I bought one for Allen. Not long after, our precious new puppy got hold of it. It became her BFF and she'd sleep with it in her little bed. Most expensive toy ever..

image.png.48507fa7e9fd2c648a35524ca4f4fdb1.png

This afternoon I have my Mahjongg students, pick up 3 cakes and tubs of ice cream. Having a party on our deck tonight for September birthday's. 

Wishing everyone a wonderful day. Prayers, Cheers and Blessings. 

• Like 22