Wonder of the Seas - Not going to China after all

Kokomo91165

13 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

Are you serious? Why do they make the same mistakes over and over again? Or do they know what they are doing and are deliberately going after potentially higher fares in those cabins...hmmm.

I think they know what they are doing. Tough luck for some of us who booked a long time ago.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It boggles the mind how something so simple can get so messed up.  Royal has released all the staterooms for sale before moving guests over yet again.  This means for the suites or those that chose a particular cabin it may be taken by someone booking today.  Why cant they just move everyone over and then announce the changes and open the sailing up for booking..

Anyways, just booked the March 4 sailing.  We are on the SY the week after in an OS.  probably end up solo on this one as DW won't be able to get the time off.

I don’t think that’s actually happening here though. They’ve only released the Caribbean sailings which are brand new from scratch sailings. The ones that are replacing allure in Europe and TA have not yet been released for sale, they will be released 9/22. However the fact that the allure has 25 more suites than wonder is a major problem. About 2/5 of the people booked in suites on allure will have to take a JS or cancel. That’s assuming every suite was booked. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hwmyones said:

I don’t think that’s actually happening here though. They’ve only released the Caribbean sailings which are brand new from scratch sailings. The ones that are replacing allure in Europe and TA have not yet been released for sale, they will be released 9/22. However the fact that the allure has 25 more suites than wonder is a major problem. About 2/5 of the people booked in suites on allure will have to take a JS or cancel. That’s assuming every suite was booked. 

It’s a big problem for the guests. A junior suite is not equivalent to Sky Class and there is no promise of OBC either. The window to cancel with a refund closes one week after the cabin reassignments are due to be completed. Not much time.

3 minutes ago, Shocked91 said:

We were booked on the Allure the end of May in a 2 bedroom grand suite.Looking at Wonder's deck plans she doesn't seem to have that suite. I wonder which suite Royal will move us to?

The ship named “wonder” is appropriate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, hwmyones said:

Really, less suites than Allure.  Isn't Wonder an Oasis class.  Any idea as to why.

Also, I'm on the January 8 nights Allure, has it been amped like the Oasis.  If not, is the D lounge still on the 12the deck or moved to the 4th deck.

4 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I was responding to the question about Allure 🙂

My mistake.  I read your response like you were addressing the first question of why less suites on Wonder.  Thanks for setting me straight. 🙂

I should tag in @nelblu

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hwmyones said:

You might be right, but, I have concerns with the letter that I received stating transfers done by Oct. 13 compared to the generally announced on sale date of Sept. 22. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Outdated.

I hope you are right as I would like to do Wonder in the late 2022.  Guess their web site can not be updated in a timely manner.   Never seem so many issues with schedules and cancels and changes.

I have too many others to squeeze in earlier in year like Odyssey and symphony and Adventure.

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Really, less suites than Allure.  Isn't Wonder an Oasis class.  Any idea as to why.

Also, I'm on the January 8 nights Allure, has it been amped like the Oasis.  If not, is the D lounge still on the 12the deck or moved to the 4th deck.

Chinese cruise market is totally different. The suites neighborhood only exists because upper class Chinese people refuse to even associate with or be around middle class and poor Chinese people, so they literally moved all the grand and above suites to its own section of the ship. There also aren’t as many super wealthy people cruising in China, which is why less suites. The line must have realized it wasn’t the best idea to send a ship like this to China and so they’re Audible-ing, but the build out of the ship is done already, if they’re smart they combine some balcony cabins, and make some more suites, but who knows. 45 suites on a ship that holds 6900 people seems so bizarre

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

Deck 11 for now. As mentioned earlier, with Wonder assuming Allure Med season, Allure may have the opportunity to finish her amplification in summer '22

Well this is some of the most interesting/surprising cruise news in awhile! I hadn't been following Wonder super closely but doesn't it have less pool space and more shaded areas for the Chinese market? I also thought it had some signage with Chinese characters onboard, wonder if they will take that down.

5 minutes ago, MacMarauder said:

Well this is some of the most interesting/surprising cruise news in awhile! I hadn't been following Wonder super closely but doesn't it have less pool space and more shaded areas for the Chinese market? I also thought it had some signage with Chinese characters onboard, wonder if they will take that down.

Only one Flowrider is going to be an issue for ship of this size in the Caribbean.

5 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Only one Flowrider is going to be an issue for ship of this size in the Caribbean.

Does a Flowrider really mean that much to people going on a cruise? I mean I have only seen a few on here that are over the top for the freaking Flowrider.

Tried it once, no desire to do it again.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Deck 11 for now. As mentioned earlier, with Wonder assuming Allure Med season, Allure may have the opportunity to finish her amplification in summer '22

My bad, I thought it was decks 12 & 13, but instead it was 11 & 12.  On Oasis, that specific deck 12 has cabins and the window view, overlooking Boardwalk, is occupied as an office by the Loyalty Ambassador.

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

My bad, I thought it was decks 12 & 13, but instead it was 11 & 12.  On Oasis, that specific deck 12 has cabins and the window view, overlooking Boardwalk, is occupied as an office by the Loyalty Ambassador.

Just remember that Oasis has no deck 13, and its easy.😇

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Does a Flowrider really mean that much to people going on a cruise? I mean I have only seen a few on here that are over the top for the freaking Flowrider.

Tried it once, no desire to do it again.

Kids love the boogie board.

Think of it this way. Keeping them busy on Flowrider, slides, etc. keeps them away from Beach Pool😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1