FCC Revolt?

highplanesdrifters

Seabourn has a rather strict Future Cruise Credit policy, especially compared to Silversea. We are not allowed to transfer credits to other people and they must be used by end of 2022.   While it is a First World Problem I am happy to have, I'm finding it to be quite a challenge to use all the racked up FCCs in the limited time alloted with limited cruises available.   Yes we checked all the 'terms of use' boxes and were aware of the policy.  The rolling cancellations with more to come will make using the FCCs even more of a challenge. Therefore, the ability to USE the FCC's has become limited compared to when the terms of use boxes were checked..  There were some rumblings from other passengers on our last cruise of a  Class Action Lawsuit if Seabourn doesn't  change their FCC policy. Anyone hearing anything about this, or where they just grumblings?

Does anyone have any information regarding a potential change of the FCC policy? My TA is making another query regarding this issue, but feels they will remain strict.

C'mon Seabourn, do the right thing. We love you and want to keep you in the rotation. Don't make us jump ship.

1 hour ago, highplanesdrifters said:

C'mon Seabourn, do the right thing. We love you and want to keep you in the rotation. Don't make us jump ship.

There's no indication they read the CC forum. I suggest instead sending a message to the office of the president making this exact case. My guess is that they've been trying to hold the line, but as they've needed to keep canceling additional cruises, now into 2022, it would seem they really should push back the deadline for all, or perhaps for those with over a certain dollar amount in FCC. 

I think the more customers who contact Seabourn directly about this issue, the better the chance that they will make a policy change. 

18 hours ago, cruiseej said:

There's no indication they read the CC forum. I suggest instead sending a message to the office of the president making this exact case. My guess is that they've been trying to hold the line, but as they've needed to keep canceling additional cruises, now into 2022, it would seem they really should push back the deadline for all, or perhaps for those with over a certain dollar amount in FCC. 

I think the more customers who contact Seabourn directly about this issue, the better the chance that they will make a policy change. 

I can't confirm they read the CC forum, but during our 3 week cruise in July to Greece, there were subtle indications folks on the Ovation were reading the forum comments.  As it pertains to the FCC issue that would be a corporate issue that I don't know whether it's being seen online and falling on deaf ears or not.

22 hours ago, cruiseej said:

Good call Sensei. Time for the disgruntled to contact the office of the President. I could not find an email address for the office of the President but will use guestrelations at seabourn . Com.

You might also try Josh Leibowitz on Twitter and Linked In, and Seabourn on Instagram.

While I do not know if management follows CC, I do know some staff do. Which reminds me, must give an overdue shout out on Silversea boards to some great bartenders.