Covid Testing In Copenhagen

twocruisersok

We have a cruise booked for June, 2022 from Copenhagen through Royal Caribbean.  I'm starting to worry about getting the Covid test done itwo days ibefore sailing n a foreign country.  How easy is it to find testing and would it be easy being foreigners?  I have the monitored home test, but would need to find out if they can be done from overseas, and what phone number to call.  It's stressful enough cruising out of the U. S., but I'm already stressed about how to do it from Europe.  I am hoping things will quiet down before June, but I'm not too optimistic.

Too early to get stressed.  Much may change by June 2022, including testing requirements and number of test sites.
Right now there are many options for both PCR testing and rapid testing - what it looks like next year is impossible to know.  However, if there are still requirements for testing, there will still be many options.  Test is free for Danish citizens while tourists may pay. 

I'll suggest you post again by May next year - then we will be able to assist with a stress free stay in Copenhagen. I would plan for arrival at leat three days before the cruise.

More information at https://en.coronasmitte.dk/find-covid-19-test-center 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Agree with @hallasm. Far too soon to tell what the requirements will be. We also are sailing out of Copenhagen next summer, in July.

Most of the "at home tests" require wifi, as I understand it, not a phone, because you will have video supervision. Possible you will be doing a test at home to enter the country, then perhaps another to board the ship. B-i-L and S-i-L did that a couple of weeks ago to sail out of Iceland.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 4:08 AM, CruiserBruce said:

Agree with @hallasm. Far too soon to tell what the requirements will be. We also are sailing out of Copenhagen next summer, in July.

Most of the "at home tests" require wifi, as I understand it, not a phone, because you will have video supervision. Possible you will be doing a test at home to enter the country, then perhaps another to board the ship. B-i-L and S-i-L did that a couple of weeks ago to sail out of Iceland.

Any reason I can't just have it monitored on my phone? Both hotels have free wifi. How would they know where I'm skyping in from

Edited by Ombud

23 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Just heard Norway and Denmark dropped a lot of their Covid protocols. Not sure if that includes testing for tourists.

Regarding Denmark - Although the national COVID-19 restrictions were lifted on 10 September, the current entry restrictions will remain unchanged.

• Thanks 2

just to clarify, covid testing is required to both enter the country as well as to get on the ship - correct? can the testing be done in your home country within 72 hours of boarding, or does it have to be done from the departure country?

and then at the end of the cruise, I know that we will be needing PCR tests to get back to Canada, so how easy will those be to get, and do I need to plan an extra day or so at the end of my cruise? all that extra hotel time will add much $$ to the cost of the cruise

1 hour ago, tmc057 said:

just to clarify, covid testing is required to both enter the country as well as to get on the ship - correct?

Various rules apply depending on how you arrive in Denmark. Requirements depend on whether you are travelling with a negative test, have been vaccinated or previously infected with COVID-19. The colour of your country of residence and where you are travelling from is also significant. Rules are changing overtime. 
Today you can get rapid or PCR tests in Copenhagen - might require post-cruise stay in Denmark.

Find latest information here: Traveling to Denmark as tourist

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 8:47 PM, tmc057 said:

just to clarify, covid testing is required to both enter the country as well as to get on the ship - correct? can the testing be done in your home country within 72 hours of boarding, or does it have to be done from the departure country?

and then at the end of the cruise, I know that we will be needing PCR tests to get back to Canada, so how easy will those be to get, and do I need to plan an extra day or so at the end of my cruise? all that extra hotel time will add much $$ to the cost of the cruise

Things can change.   Seems like every day.  You should also check with your cruise line.  Many are performing tests at the pier before embarkation.  Many are performing the required testing to return home onboard a day or so before disembarkation.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I'm in a similar situation. Traveling from US to Copenhagen on May26. Not sue if I will need to get another covid test before boarding the cruise on May 29th?  also, while returning I have a day to catch the flight after disembarking the cruise from Copenhagen on June 5th  to US? 

I'm worried. I called Royal Caribbean and they said they dont have the test protocols yet. But i need to finalize the flights now :(

10 hours ago, aryavibhu said:

I'm in a similar situation. Traveling from US to Copenhagen on May26. Not sue if I will need to get another covid test before boarding the cruise on May 29th?  also, while returning I have a day to catch the flight after disembarking the cruise from Copenhagen on June 5th  to US? 

I'm worried. I called Royal Caribbean and they said they dont have the test protocols yet. But i need to finalize the flights now 😞

We have the tests that are proctored by a live person via wifi. These tests are what Royal Caribbean are promoting. I have purchased and used them. Very easy. Check out Royal Caribbean app. or website you will find the tests link.

As far as when you get off ship tests. You can use these same ones, IF Royal does not test you onboard the ship. We sailed on the second cruise 2021 June FROM Nassau to Bahamas on the Adventure of the Seas. Royal did our tests as  we needed it to get back into the US.  They gave a us a copy of the test and also it uploaded to our phones. Go ahead and book your flights.

On 2/5/2022 at 1:52 AM, aryavibhu said:

I'm worried. I called Royal Caribbean and they said they dont have the test protocols yet. But i need to finalize the flights now 😞

I am also flying from US To Copenhagen on May 27. My plan is to get tested in the US before the flight to satisfy the cruise COVID test. I am flying back to the US on the last day of the cruise (Jun 4) and I see that there are rapid test available at the Copenhagen airport so I am planning on doing that at the airport.

On 2/8/2022 at 9:08 AM, anitaau said:

I am also flying from US To Copenhagen on May 27. My plan is to get tested in the US before the flight to satisfy the cruise COVID test. I am flying back to the US on the last day of the cruise (Jun 4) and I see that there are rapid test available at the Copenhagen airport so I am planning on doing that at the airport.

That is a good idea!! Would  your schedule satisfy within 2-3 day testing requirement to board the cruise on May 29th? To fly out on May 27th I'm assuming you will get the test done on May 25th in US  

On 2/5/2022 at 10:48 AM, jrmende63 said:

We have the tests that are proctored by a live person via wifi. These tests are what Royal Caribbean are promoting. I have purchased and used them. Very easy. Check out Royal Caribbean app. or website you will find the tests link.

As far as when you get off ship tests. You can use these same ones, IF Royal does not test you onboard the ship. We sailed on the second cruise 2021 June FROM Nassau to Bahamas on the Adventure of the Seas. Royal did our tests as  we needed it to get back into the US.  They gave a us a copy of the test and also it uploaded to our phones. Go ahead and book your flights.

Thanks, I am looking into this as a viable option. I called Royal Carribbean if I can use these proctored test. The Rep told me that they can only confirm to be used in US based cruises so far. We will know the testing requirement for our cruise on May 29th sometime in April and confirm if we can use these proctored tests. 

On 9/30/2021 at 8:47 PM, tmc057 said:

exactly my thoughts too....so what we sit in a hotel room in US to try and source out $$PCR test to fly home? I think I will wait before hitting the BOOK NOW button.

On 2/11/2022 at 2:28 PM, remydiva said:

exactly my thoughts too....so what we sit in a hotel room in US to try and source out $$PCR test to fly home? I think I will wait before hitting the BOOK NOW button.

It seems likely that by then the burden of testing will be lower, eh? The PCR test requirement for returning Canadians may have disappeared by then,  guess we have to wait until next week to hear what the plan is.  Luckily we're not flying through the States, but directly to and from Canada.  Our concern is testing for Denmark and for boarding the ship--right now it looks like two tests, once before departure and once in Copenhagen before boarding.  But that could change drastically by our departure in early July.

Right now we're in Florida and are hoping the testing requirement for returning Canadians will be dropped by spring.

• 1 month later...

The last entry restrictions in Denmark, which were created as a result of the corona pandemic, are now over.
Requirements for persons who have not been vaccinated with a recognized vaccine or previously infected and who enter from outside the EU and Schengen no longer need to be tested.

On 3/28/2022 at 1:12 PM, hallasm said:

The last entry restrictions in Denmark, which were created as a result of the corona pandemic, are now over.
Requirements for persons who have not been vaccinated with a recognized vaccine or previously infected and who enter from outside the EU and Schengen no longer need to be tested.

This is great news! Thank you so much for posting and for keeping us updated these many months. 

4 hours ago, sanschag said:

But Royal Caribbean (as of now, could change of course) is still requiring a test no more than 2 days before embarkation: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#copenhagen

We're worried but don't sail until Aug so who knows what the rules may be then.

Curious what the date on the RCI info is...as there have been new policy releases. Other cruise lines are also easing their requirements. We are on Holland America out of Copenhagen in July. No test is required. 

On 3/30/2022 at 10:02 AM, sanschag said:

But Royal Caribbean (as of now, could change of course) is still requiring a test no more than 2 days before embarkation: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#copenhagen

We're worried but don't sail until Aug so who knows what the rules may be then.

We sail in 24 days and leave the U.S. 3 days prior to boarding.  Therefore, we will need to test in Copenhagen as an added expense and extra stress.  I decided to arrive an extra day early to give a buffer in case there were flight delays, etc and to enjoy the city but now I have to figure out Covid testing.  I see that there is testing at the airport, has anyone done this that can report how it went?  We fly out at noon on Monday May 2nd, should we get tested that morning at the airport or find a place in the city center that is open on a Sunday?  Any help is appreciated (unless the heavens open up and RCCL/USA decide to not require it).