Covid Testing In Copenhagen

We have a cruise booked for June, 2022 from Copenhagen through Royal Caribbean.  I'm starting to worry about getting the Covid test done itwo days ibefore sailing n a foreign country.  How easy is it to find testing and would it be easy being foreigners?  I have the monitored home test, but would need to find out if they can be done from overseas, and what phone number to call.  It's stressful enough cruising out of the U. S., but I'm already stressed about how to do it from Europe.  I am hoping things will quiet down before June, but I'm not too optimistic.

Too early to get stressed.  Much may change by June 2022, including testing requirements and number of test sites.
Right now there are many options for both PCR testing and rapid testing - what it looks like next year is impossible to know.  However, if there are still requirements for testing, there will still be many options.  Test is free for Danish citizens while tourists may pay. 

I'll suggest you post again by May next year - then we will be able to assist with a stress free stay in Copenhagen. I would plan for arrival at leat three days before the cruise.

More information at https://en.coronasmitte.dk/find-covid-19-test-center 

• Like 1

Agree with @hallasm. Far too soon to tell what the requirements will be. We also are sailing out of Copenhagen next summer, in July.

Most of the "at home tests" require wifi, as I understand it, not a phone, because you will have video supervision. Possible you will be doing a test at home to enter the country, then perhaps another to board the ship. B-i-L and S-i-L did that a couple of weeks ago to sail out of Iceland.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 4:08 AM, CruiserBruce said:

Agree with @hallasm. Far too soon to tell what the requirements will be. We also are sailing out of Copenhagen next summer, in July.

Most of the "at home tests" require wifi, as I understand it, not a phone, because you will have video supervision. Possible you will be doing a test at home to enter the country, then perhaps another to board the ship. B-i-L and S-i-L did that a couple of weeks ago to sail out of Iceland.

Any reason I can't just have it monitored on my phone? Both hotels have free wifi. How would they know where I'm skyping in from

Edited by Ombud

23 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Just heard Norway and Denmark dropped a lot of their Covid protocols. Not sure if that includes testing for tourists.

Regarding Denmark - Although the national COVID-19 restrictions were lifted on 10 September, the current entry restrictions will remain unchanged.

• Thanks 2

just to clarify, covid testing is required to both enter the country as well as to get on the ship - correct? can the testing be done in your home country within 72 hours of boarding, or does it have to be done from the departure country?

and then at the end of the cruise, I know that we will be needing PCR tests to get back to Canada, so how easy will those be to get, and do I need to plan an extra day or so at the end of my cruise? all that extra hotel time will add much $$ to the cost of the cruise

1 hour ago, tmc057 said:

just to clarify, covid testing is required to both enter the country as well as to get on the ship - correct?

Various rules apply depending on how you arrive in Denmark. Requirements depend on whether you are travelling with a negative test, have been vaccinated or previously infected with COVID-19. The colour of your country of residence and where you are travelling from is also significant. Rules are changing overtime. 
Today you can get rapid or PCR tests in Copenhagen - might require post-cruise stay in Denmark.

Find latest information here: Traveling to Denmark as tourist

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 8:47 PM, tmc057 said:

just to clarify, covid testing is required to both enter the country as well as to get on the ship - correct? can the testing be done in your home country within 72 hours of boarding, or does it have to be done from the departure country?

and then at the end of the cruise, I know that we will be needing PCR tests to get back to Canada, so how easy will those be to get, and do I need to plan an extra day or so at the end of my cruise? all that extra hotel time will add much $$ to the cost of the cruise

Things can change.   Seems like every day.  You should also check with your cruise line.  Many are performing tests at the pier before embarkation.  Many are performing the required testing to return home onboard a day or so before disembarkation.  

• Thanks 1