Tampa to Disney world transportation

retiredgram

Would like recommendation for transportation to Disney World after arriving at port from a cruise.  Not familiar with the Tampa area.  I know we could rent a car, but not sure where to go since we would be at the port.  Any suggestion or  info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Pre-virus Hertz and Avis had hotel locations (Marriott and Embassy Suites, I think) close to the port, and Enterprise was nearby in Ybor City and would pick you up.  Otherwise take an under $20 Uber to the TPA airport where most of the major brands have locations.  the drive from TPA to WDW takes about 75+ minutes, depending upon traffic.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have used the Avis facility at Embassy.  Problem is that it is a small location so they have one person serving customers and another getting the car from the garage.  Might be better now since they were remodeling the Embassy main floor when we were there and wouldn't let us walk into the garage.  Took us about an hour to pick up a car as 4th in line.

We took the free tram from the ship to Embassy but walking would have been easier.  About 4 ship lengths walk from farthest pier and tram isn't really designed for luggage.  Hertz/Mariott location is directly across the street from Embassy.

Edited by LeeW
more
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Orlando Vic said:

I live in a suburb of Orlando and don’t think you will have nearly enough time to visit one of the Disney parks coming from a port stop in Tampa.

WDW is HUGE and has the same surface area as the city of San Francisco (really).

We are going there for a week.. I would never go for 1 day.  Yes, I know how huge it is, been there many times when granddaughter was growing up.